Today

They would want to have the same team for each day of each show. That’s helping them to lead over Sunrise, who have hosts who change often.

1 Like

Why move Sylvia? Today Extra has been super competitive this year with her and David. The Weekday teams of both programs shouldn’t be touched at all.

6 Likes

I’ve said how I would structure Weekend Today the other day.

James Bracey and Natalia Cooper.

Very minimal impact of other roles and a bucket load of chemistry and talent instantly.

1 Like

To make viewers used to her replacement, as she will be away from Feburary until September-ish again. Then she might be able to come back earlier if she’s only working 2 days a week.

1 Like

Used to her replacement? They had Belinda and still do. What’s to get used to?

Belinda Russell has more than proved her worth this year.

You know what I mean. Why be changing when they can have Belinda all the time?

Exactly!

1 Like

Today Line-up

Weekday Team
Karl & Ally

Today Extra
David & Belinda

Weekend Today
Richard/Alex & Sylvia/Lara Vella

6 Likes

WT

1 Like

Still too much movement of Today and Today Extra which have both just started to become competitive.

It would be insane to remove anyone from either of those programs right now.

2 Likes

Very interesting ratings results. 6 months can make all the difference when you have a good team. Will be interesting to see how it pans out over the rest of the year.

9 Likes

No, there would be no change to anything until next year. Alternatively they could trial some of these when they go on summer break.

1 Like

Why does there need to be change at all?

Weekend Today is not working.

3 Likes

Yeah but you don’t and shouldn’t need to move people from Today and Today Extra to fix that. Both of these programs have just started becoming competitive. I’ve said it like 5 times. Why on earth would you change that?

Build Weekend Today with people who aren’t already being used on those programs.

1 Like

Today & Today Extra are doing great with their current teams. You need familiar faces to build the Weekend team. That’s why I have suggested the following for Weekend Today.

4 Likes

But then you risk disruption to the weekday shows?

They already have. Allison moved, Richard moved etc…

But you do have a point there.

1 Like

Lol you don’t get it.

If the weekend news was struggling would you move Cam Williams or Pete to weekends just to prop it up? No. Cause then the weekday product would suffer.

Same situation here. Karl, Ally, Alex, DC, Sylvia and Belinda need to stay put.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this analogy.

1 Like

30 new posts in about 3 hours and all vague speculation.

Move on please and move discussion to the mock presenters thread.

19 Likes