Sunrise

That’s it, goodbye Sunrise. Can’t tolerate Sam any more.
Sad after 25 years, but I’m switching to Today for weekdays. Not a huge fan of Karl but he’s less irritating than Sam atm.
Let’s see how long I last before I switch to the ABC.

9 Likes

Did she do something else this morning? Or is it just a build-up of events in the last few weeks?

1 Like

3 days of mourning for everyone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Bahaha.

Actually, the last few months. It’s her tone and snide, higher than mighty attitude. By coincidence I have a nephew who said he turned off all of the breakfast shows a week ago.

1 Like

Sunrise was just 7,000 ahead of Today yesterday.

7 of the 10 lowest rated episodes for Sunrise this year have been during October.

5 Likes

And yet for some bizarre reason, her and her BFF are staying put and not removed.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Nothing turns viewers in Melbourne and Brisbane off faster than a rich, entitled Sydneysider hectoring them about matters local to their state (in this case how the State Govts are managing the pandemic). This is not new. It has always been the case and it astounds me that Sunrise and Seven have allowed her to go on unchecked even as ratings in those cities plunge.

16 Likes

This ^

1 Like

As a Today viewer I’m not really sure of the extent of Sam’s behaviour. I’m curious. What are viewers wanting here? Her to simply stay quiet or is it at that point where that won’t work and you’d like removed?

1 Like

It’s not really about what she’s saying, it’s the way she’s doing it. Opinions are fine, but when you’re trying to appeal to the mainstream, it’s a fine line between airing them and turning viewers off. There’s a certain smugness and air of superiority to the way Sam’s doing it that is really off putting. And, as I said previously, viewers in Vic and QLD particularly don’t appreciate it when it’s being done by someone slap bang in the middle of Sydney.

1 Like

I’ve liked Sam as a newsreader on the afternoon news and Weekend Sunrise years ago. I can’t even stand her and her moaning and complaining these days.

If she’s so angry with the news these days then she should stay away and go somewhere else to vent that anger. The show did really well when Kochie and Nat was in the chair earlier this year which proves that Sam is not as valuable as Seven thinks she is.

10 Likes

Completely agree. I used to love her and Andrew O’Keefe on the weekends. Then she went on Dancing with the Stars and my opinion started to shift and that has continued…

8 Likes

I’m a fan of that show but I think I missed something here. Did something happen when she appeared on the show that wasn’t great?

2 Likes

No major scandal. I just found her a bit uppity and she didn’t really take the judges critiques all that well.

Rare appearance from Adelaide correspondent Amanda Bachman this morning, reporting on South Australia becoming a part of the Trans Tasman travel bubble.

I don’t live in Adelaide so I personally don’t really care, but I’m sure South Australians are happy to see some recognition of their state, instead of the east-coast related stories dominating the headlines as usual.

4 Likes

Speaking of that…
I know the show’s shot from Sydney, but the headlines typically also focus on Sydney based on what I’ve seen, more than Brisbane or Melbourne. It’s possible this is another reason for the two states switching to Today.
The reality is, I guess Adelaide and Perth are still on Sunrise because they’re hooked onto Seven.

3 Likes

Now imagine if Sam Mac actually goes to Nine.

2 Likes

Now to Love

Nothing to see here. Move along…

6 Likes

7 Likes