The Voice

The world stops for The Voice

Superstar coaches and spectacular voices

Meet some of the incredible artists stepping onto Australia’s biggest stage when the unmissable new season of The Voice returns to Channel 7 and 7plus at 7.00pm on Sunday, 6 August.

Superstar coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy are ready to unearth Australia’s next singing sensation.

Jason said: “I have been absolutely blown away by the talent here. My jaw was to the floor with the talent of some of The Voice artists. I can’t wait for Australia to hear these performers!”

“You thought last year was incredible, this year is magnificent.” Jessica observed.

Last year’s winning coach, Rita was floored by the calibre of artists “who aren’t afraid to push their boundaries and experiment”.

Guy agreed: “This would be the best overall talent we have ever had.”

Don’t miss the thrilling new season of The Voice, 7.00pm, Sunday, 6 August, on Channel 7 and 7plus.

With the Matildas playing next Monday, Seven would be smart to move Monday and Tuesday’s episodes to Tuesday and Wednesday so they can maximise their chance to blitz the week. It will do better than whatever figures Border Security will pull.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/08/sonia-kruger-i-actually-thought-i-might-faint-on-stage.html

Has a media kit been released yet?

I saw the media kit on another website, which listed the profiles of around 70 contestants at blind auditions.

Get set for a spectacular wave of sound when Seven’s biggest entertainment program of 2022, The Voice, returns to Channel 7 and 7plus 7.00pm Sunday, 6 August.

Genre-defying global sensation and new coach Jason Derulo joins returning coaches UK superstar Rita Ora, mega-selling singer- songwriter Guy Sebastian and singing and acting phenom Jessica Mauboy.

With over 70 talented artists taking to the biggest stage in Australia, get ready for electrifying performances and exhilarating chair-turning moments across every genre: rock, country, pop, soul, opera, and everything in between.

With new superstar coach Jason and a sense of rivalry in the air, The Voice coaches are ready to find Australia’s next singing star and claim victory.

Jason marvelled: “Australia did not come to play! There is some world class talent here.”

Last year’s winning coach, Rita, is ready to stack her team with phenomenal voices: “If I want someone on Team Rita, they are going to know about it!”

Guy said: “Every coach has a shot at the title. Usually there’s a front runner or two but this would be the best overall talent we have ever had.”

Jess wants to feel their story behind the voice: “The artist needs the right song to tell their story and express emotion so the audience and coaches can really connect. The better they sing it, the more we feel it.”

The Voice , hosted by Sonia Kruger, continues its reign as one of the world’s most successful musical formats. Again in 2023 it is set to turn lifelong dreams into reality with even more mind-blowing and emotional musical moments.

1 Like

Spectacular start to The Voice

A father’s courage inspires daughter’s impromptu Blind Audition

The Voice returned to Channel 7 and 7plus with a bang, as superstar coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy took to Australia’s biggest stage with an incredible opening performance of STAR WALKIN’ by Lil Nas X.

After 53-year-old doting dad Chris Watson, from Victoria, failed to turn any chairs with Rick Springfield’s Jessie’s Girl, he inspired his 21-year-old daughter Shanae to partake in an impromptu Blind Audition, declaring “I’m just here to show her to never give up”.

Shanae swung onto The Voice stage with an epic rendition of Sia’s Chandelier. Turning four chairs and moving the coaches to tears, Jessica proclaimed: “Your dad wasn’t kidding when he championed for you up there, you ripped it apart.” Shanae joined Team Guy, with Guy saying: “You sang it like an absolute angel.”

Olympic hopeful Etienne Steven, 19, gave up her rowing dreams to pursue music, and with four chair turns to her own spin on Jason Derulo’s Savage Love, it was clear the Queenslander made the right decision. Her captivating performance earned a spot on Team Jason, with Jason asking: “Can I borrow that for the live show too [and] will you come and sing it with me?”

The four chair turns continued when 18-year-old landscaper Ethan Beckton from NSW – who has never had a music lesson - blew the coaches away with his perfect rendition of Jealous by Labrinth. The pitching got spicy, with all four coaches wanting the up-and-coming star on their team. Jason won out in the end, announcing “he’s going to take the world by storm”.

NSW boy band Overnight (Tyler, 18; Harry, 18; Emmerson, 18; Kai, 18; and Jai, 17) set The Voice stage alight with an energetic take on Backstreet Boys’ Larger Than Life. Rita busted out the Block button on Jason, however, Overnight chose Guy, who called the rising stars “organic, raw and real”.

Ben Esber, 22, from NSW took a risk with a stripped back version of Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ Unholy. It paid off with four chair turns and lavish praise from all coaches, before he joined Team Rita.

Opera star in the making, 24-year-old Andrew Taylor Knight from NSW, was the next artist to join Team Jason after his performance of Gioachino Rossini’s Largo Al Factotum, with Jason bursting out in opera and saying: “Wow, wow, wow! Your technique is through the roof and your connection to the audience is really spot on.”

See tonight’s incredible performances :

The Voice superstar coaches perform STAR WALKIN’ by Lil Nas X

Shanae Watson swings from Sia’s Chandelier

Etienne Steven puts her on spin on Jason Derulo’s Savage Love

Ethan Beckton performs Jealous by Labrinth

Overnight perform Backstreet Boys’ Larger Than Life

Ben Esber takes on Sam Smith and Kim Petras’ Unholy

Andrew Taylor Knight sings opera classic Largo Al Factotum

Tomorrow night 7.00pm on The Voice: Witness the biggest surprise in Voice history when a schoolgirl in a class of her own steps onto Australia’s biggest stage.

1 Like

So…apart from the father, everyone got at least one chair turn?

How boring.

1 Like

I’ve watched the show on & off every year but tonight was by far the slowest edited episode. Pacing felt off, 5/7 singers got 4 chair turns. Would be great if they didn’t drag it on.

1 Like

The father and daughter aired tonight, but was filmed on different days. As Guy told the audience that the father had auditioned at a prior time. If it was the same audience, then there was no need for his to tell them that.

And again, so slow. We want to hear the singing, not the backstories. Wait until the semi’s for the backstories, i reckon.

2 Likes

Chris said in his backstory that daughter Shanae had tried a couple of auditions but was knocked back. I wonder if she had auditioned for Australian Idol last year but didn’t get to meet the judges?

That whole scenario had to be a setup. She was far too good.

3 Likes

I hope you’re not suggesting that something on a reality show is not real. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Never!!

Omg they are dragging this on
So many commercial breaks and chit chat

How scripted can this get lol

Young voice runs free

The Voice coaches blown away by 12-year-old star

The Voice Blind Auditions continued to impress superstar coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora Jessica Mauboy and Guy Sebastian in a night of electrifying four-chair turns and standing ovations.

Twelve-year-old NSW student Gezel Bardossi left the coaches in a spin after her performance of Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin. With incredible vocal prowess well beyond her years, the prodigy captivated all four coaches. With her choice of mentors, Gezel joined Team Rita, with the coach exclaiming: “I think you are going to be loved by the whole country, not only that, the whole world!”

With sisters Lavina and Emily formerly in girl groups Ma-V-Elle and Young Divas, 28-year-old Ezra Williams, from Victoria, has performing in her blood. The songstress, originally from New Zealand, joined The Voice determined to step out of her sister’s shadows. Her amazing performance of Lizzo’s About Damn Time inspired chair turns from Rita and Jess.

Former Young Diva Jessica fought hard for Ezra declaring: “I need you and I want you. You could win with me.”

The pitch was convincing enough, as Ezra joined Team Jess.

Calista Nelmes, 24, turned all four chairs with her pop star” vocals on Becky Hill and David Guetta’s Remember. Calista, from NSW, joined Team Jason after his strategic block of Rita reinforced his competitive nature. Jason professed: “I didn’t come here to lose. I’m trying to get that crown. Team Jason for the win baby.”

Saxophone-playing teen busker Levi X from Queensland joined Team Rita after turning two chairs with his rendition of Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes. Guy told the 15-year-old: “That was really special; I can see you in the finals.”

Not every artist was successful, with Jessica superfan Garret Lyon failing to secure any chair turns with his performance of Leave (Get Out) by JoJo.

See some of tonight’s incredible performances:

Calista Nelmes sings Remember by Becky Hill and David Guetta

Lexi X auditions with Seven Nation Army by The White Stripes

Gezel Bardossi sings Chain of Fools by Aretha Franklin

Tomorrow night on The Voice: One of the best singers in the competition blows the superstar coaches away and a brave veteran and his trusty offsider take to the stage.

Blockbuster Blind Auditions

Country queen slays a Tay Tay anthem

The Voice ’s blockbuster Blind Auditions continued tonight as superstar coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy uncovered more spectacular chair-turning talent on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Eighteen-year-old Bella Mackenzie put her own spin on Taylor Swift’s Anti-Hero, and everybody agreed her arrangement was brilliant.

With four swift chair turns, Bella from Queensland chose Guy, who proclaimed: “I think I have a new favourite,” adding: “If I had a record label, I would sign you, not just in Australia but [you have] serious potential to hold your own on the world stage in the country scene.”

Guy secured another powerhouse female performer after 35-year-old Victorian Michaela Jayde turned four chairs with Who’s Loving You by Jackson 5. Rita was in “awe”, while Michaela’s stunning a cappella start gave Jess “goosebumps”. Guy admitted: “You nailed it!”

The four-chair turns continued, and Jason blocked Guy to secure 17-year-old Maree Mamalis, as the Victorian teen stood up to her bullies performing Before I Go by Billie Eilish. Jason said: “You are a shining light that needs to be shone all over the world.”

Charlette Ginu, 20 from NSW, turned three chairs with Lean On by Major Lazer featuring DJ Snake. Her twist – adding Indian scales to the song – impressed the coaches scoring a place on Team Jason.

Thirty-three-year-old Dillon Rhodes set The Voice stage alight with his vocals to White Cherry’s Play That Funky Music. All four coaches turned for the self-confessed white ginger who sings soul”. Dillon, originally from New Zealand, joined Team Jess who declared: *“*We haven’t seen anything like you on this show and that is the truth!”

Despite not turning any chairs, 60-year-old Chris Hodder’s inspiring performance of Ben E. King’s Stand By Me was both emotional and moving. The brave veteran, who served in the military for 30 years, shared his experience of PTSD and the light provided by his “guardian angel” veterans assistance dog Bella, who joined him on stage.

Chris, from Canberra, said: “There are a lot of veterans out there that are struggling, Bella changed my life,” which moved Jess to tears.

Tiarose Burgess, 20 from NSW, joined Team Jess after the superstar coach turned for her performance of Rich Girl by Hall & Oates.

Bella Mackenzie performs Taylor Swift’s Anti-Hero

Maree Mamalis’ moving performance of Before I Go by Billie Eilish

Micheala Jayde auditions with Jackson 5 classic Who’s Loving You

Dillon Rhodes performs Play That Funky Music by White Cherry

Tiarose Burgess sings Rich Girl by Hall and Oates

Charlette Ginu’s unique take on Major Lazer and DJ Snake’s Lean On

Sunday night 7.00pm on The Voice: A new twist on an Aussie classic stuns the coaches.

1 Like

On next Friday’s episode of Better Homes and Gardens, Johanna Griggs will chat with Jessica Mauboy, and they will take viewers to an exclusive tour of The Voice set where rehearsals for battles and finals took place.

2 Likes

Backing vocalist stuns on centre stage

Brutal block as The Voice coaches bring their A-game

Tonight on Channel 7 and 7plus, powerful performances and personal stories saw The Voice superstar coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy stack their teams with stunning talent.

Tarryn Stokes, 40, from Victoria sung backing vocals for both Guy and Jess over a decade ago. Tonight she shared her struggles with self-doubt: “After having kids I had a bit of a break from singing, I tried to work on myself, so my confidence has built up a little bit.”

There was no doubt Tarryn belonged on The Voice stage after her phenomenal four-chair-turning performance of She Used To Be Mine by Sara Bareilles.

Jason said: “I feel like I should have paid for that performance.” Tarryn joined Team Rita who flexed: “I’ve got one of the best singers in the competition.”

Robbie Hunt from NSW turned three chairs after Guy blocked Jason during the audition. After his performance of Forget Me by Lewis Capaldi, Robbie joined Team Guy, with the coach declaring the 18-year-old is “a record label dream.”

Jason lamented: “I got blocked before I even had a chance to turn, its brutal. Its cutthroat here, everybody has brought their A-game!”

Nick Cunningham’s unique take on Men at Work’s Down Under mesmerised all four coaches who turned their chairs for the talented 31-year-old South Australian. Jess declared his rendition of the Aussie classic was “the most epic and hauntingly beautiful version”, while Jason raved: “You are a one-man band; you could play arenas.” In the end Rita’s pitch paid off, securing the star for her team.

Alex Jeans, 30, from NSW turned Jess and Jason’s chairs with his electrifying rendition of the INXS classic Never Tear Us Apart. The superstars battled it out for the rock sensation, who ultimately chose Team Jason.

Tarryn Stokes incredible performance of She Used To Be Mine by Sara Bareilles

Nick Cunningham’s unique rendition of Men At Work’s Down Under

Robbie Hunt sings Forget Me by Lewis Capaldi

Alex Jeans performs Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

Sean Millis performs 7 Years by Lukas Graham

Tomorrow 7.30pm on The Voice: The competition heats up as coaches add more amazing talent to their teams.