The Voice

It’s interesting how they’re using network presentation elements in some promos, like a tactic to trick viewers into thinking it’s genuine or a return from ad break and then… Bang.

1 Like

Quite impressive that they’ve involved so many Channel 7 personalities from different shows to promote it. I don’t think any network has done something like this in years, maybe decades.

5 Likes

It certainly makes you take notice… I guess that’s the whole point… so they’ve achieved their aim!

1 Like

The new season of The Voice starts Sunday August 6 at 7pm on Seven, says the footnote of the Jessica Mauboy interview in today’s Stellar magazine.

2 Likes

No doubt heavily promoted during The Logies.

The Voice - Season 12

From Sunday 6 August 7:00 PM

Get set for a spectacular wave of sound as Seven’s biggest entertainment program of 2022, The Voice, returns for a thrilling new season on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Your first look is here as genre-defying global sensation and new Voice coach Jason Derulo joins returning superstar coaches Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy.

All four coaches are set to take their place on the iconic red chairs with hands hovering to spin - or hit the infamous Block button to stop another coach from securing an artist - when they hear a voice they must have on their team.

With Rita not ready to relinquish last year’s crown and Guy confident he will find a winning artist, Jessica and Jason are ready to stack their teams with champion voices. The professional rivalry is already simmering as the coaches get set for this year’s extraordinary chair-turning talent.

Known for uncovering and nurturing new artists, including 2022 series champion Lachie Gill, The Voice is set to turn lifelong dreams into reality in 2023 with even more electrifying and emotional musical moments.

One of the most successful formats in the world, the new season of The Voice is hosted by Sonia Kruger and features jaw-dropping talent and the strongest-ever line-up of artists competing to be crowned the winner.

The Voice was one of Australia’s most-watched entertainment shows in 2022, with 1.39 million viewers nationally and increasing its audience year-on-year.

2 Likes

Same night as the new season launch of The Block and probably the finale of Hunted.

And the winner of last year’s is having to promote his own music on Tik Tok and was lucky enough to have Home & Away put his song in the promo and finally getting some traction

The Voice Australia has never produced an artist with enduring success. Idol and XFactor, even AGT, have had much more success.

3 Likes

Define traction. Is it on any charts? Has it had any sales? Is it being streamed?

I can’t even remember who won last year. Maybe Im thinking of previous years?

Lachie Gill.

Where can I watch this?

Sorry, I was meaning those screenshots of them singing. Apologies.

Usually the 7 screening room if you have access.

Landscaper digs deep in “perfect audition”

Inspiring new season of The Voice returns Sunday, 6 August

Get ready for spinning chairs, standing ovations and singers set to take the world by storm when The Voice returns 7.00pm Sunday, 6 August on Channel to Channel 7 and 7plus.

Ethan Beckton is not your garden-variety singer. When the 18-year-old landscaper takes to The Voice stage, coaches Jason Derulo, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy are in left in awe.

Rita was left “speechless” while Jason declared: “Now that is a perfect audition. I was looking for someone just like you.”

After blowing the coaches away in his Blind Audition, Ethan admitted: “I’ve never had an actual music lesson. I’ve just learnt it all online. Singing on The Voice stage is the opportunity of a lifetime.”

Don’t miss the return of powerful new season of The Voice, 7.00pm Sunday, 6 August on Channel 7 and 7plus.

So many spoilers with those promos. Why give away so much?

1 Like

Spectacular wave of sound is here

The Voice returns 7.00pm Sunday, 6 August

Get set for a spectacular wave of sound when Seven’s biggest entertainment program of 2022, The Voice, returns to Channel 7 and 7plus 7.00pm Sunday, 6 August.

Genre-defying global sensation and new coach Jason Derulo joins returning coaches UK superstar Rita Ora, mega-selling singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian and singing and acting phenom Jessica Mauboy.

With over 70 talented artists taking to the biggest stage in Australia, get ready for electrifying performances and exhilarating chair-turning moments across every genre: rock, country, pop, soul, opera, and everything in between.

With new superstar coach Jason and a sense of rivalry in the air, The Voice coaches are ready to find Australia’s next singing star and claim victory.

I agree. So many spoilers in these ads. It feels like will will see half of the contestants before the show actually gets to air.

The point of the show is to see if the will judges turn and who the contestants choose. As a viewer, we would tend to do the same with the contestant (saying things like wow they’re good, average, or just “crap”. With seeing many contestants already, it will lose that magic touch.

2 Likes