The Voice

The Voice Live Finals

From Sunday 20 May

The Voice Live Finals begin this Sunday, May 20, at 7.00pm

With the dust now settled following the action-packed Blind Auditions, Knockouts and Battles, the stage is set as we search for The Voice of Australia.

The four superstar Coaches, Delta Goodrem, Boy George, Kelly Rowland and Joe Jonas, now await to find out if their Wild Card artist will be chosen by the public, with Nathan Brake (Team Delta), Mikayla Jade (Team George), AP D’Antonio (Team Kelly) and Homegrown (Team Joe) all in the running to become the final member of the Top 13.

Viewers can vote for their favourite Wild Card on The Voice app right now, with voting closing Sunday night, and the 13th lucky artist will be announced at the top of the show.

The first Live Show will see each of the Top 13 performing for the studio audience, with fans voting live at home on The Voice app for their favourite performances. The two artists with the lowest votes will then enter a Sing-Off, after which a final live vote will appear on the app, and the artist with the least number of votes shall depart the competition.

The Voice Live Shows will take place each week for five weeks, culminating in the Grand Finale on June 17, where one artist will be crowned The Voice of Australia. That artist will take home $100,000 in prizemoney, along with a recording contract with Universal Music Australia.

The final teams for each Coach as they currently stand are below:

TEAM DELTA TEAM GEORGE TEAM KELLY TEAM JOE
Ben Clark Chang Po Ching Bella Paige Aydan Calafiore
Jacinta Gulisano Luke Antony Brock Ashby Ben Sekali
Trent Bell Sheldon Riley Sam Perry Sally Skelton

Judges criticised for not being critical.

1 Like

Last night was ridiculous. Over 2.5 hours and 15 performances in 1 show, yet they only eliminated 1 contestant.

I’m completely over the fakeness of reality show singing judges these days. Everything is so over the top and amazing. It’s the same on American Idol. I miss the Idol days where we at least had some judges who kept it real.

4 Likes

The long duration of last night’s show meant today’s replay had to start earlier at 12.30pm, so it could finish at 3pm for Nine News Now.

It is now just a double elimination which will decide the top 9. This week’s special guest artist is James Arthur.
https://twitter.com/TheVoiceAU/status/1002072528762822656

I agree the Sunday episode is too long, especially with guest performance and bottom two sing off included. I guess the producers want to differentiate the show from The X Factor which had a performance show and a results show on consecutive nights. Problem was the results show was too drawn out and often rated lower than the performance show.

2 Likes

I don’t get the way they do this show. They eliminate barely anyone in the first few weeks and then just do a massive cull. Next week is the “semi final” with 9 contestants left. I’m guessing half must get the chop.

The only contestant that I really like this season is Trent. I remember him from the boy group on X Factor. He could have potential to do well.

As a professional talent show contestant?

1 Like

Well he was much younger on X Factor and was put in that boy group they formed (which they made the final). He was either wasted in that group on X Factor or has improved a lot over the last few years. I think that he has a really good recordable voice IMO. I rarely like anyone on this show. His battle performance when he was in the bottom this week (which saved him) I thought was great and the type of music he should be doing.

1 Like

SAM PERRY IS CROWNED WINNER OF THE VOICE 2018

Sam Perry, a 28-year-old vocal loop artist from Perth, Western Australia, has been crowned the winner of The Voice 2018 following tonight’s Grand Finale.

Over a million votes came in from the public for the Grand Finale, a record for The Voice Australia, as Sam edged out runner-up Bella Paige, Aydan Calafiore and Sheldon Riley.

Sam’s winner’s single, ‘Trust Myself’, is available to view on 9Now, or to stream or download on your favourite music streaming service.

Sam’s Coach Kelly Rowland said: “I’m so thrilled for Sam, this is just the start of his musical journey. I couldn’t be prouder of how hard he has worked to earn this and I cannot wait to see what comes next. Stay tuned!”

In winning The Voice season 7, Sam has earned the grand prize of a recording contract with Universal Music Australia, along with $100,000 in prizemoney.

George Ash, President, Universal Music Asia Pacific, added, “A huge congratulations to Sam on an incredible win in tonight’s Voice Grand Final. I am thrilled to welcome him to the Universal family and congratulate him and all the artists on the Voice 2018. Our congratulations also go to the amazing coaches, Channel Nine and ITV who deliver such a spectacular show. All of us at Universal look forward to working with Sam on his new music.”

This year’s Grand Finale was a star-studded affair, with the superstar Coaches performing duets with their remaining artists and exclusive performances from DNCE and Calum Scott.

DNCE lit up The Voice stage with an unforgettable medley of their smash-hit ‘Cake By The Ocean’ and brand-new single, ‘TV In The Morning’.

Calum Scott moved the audience with a smooth rendition of his global sensation, ‘Dancing On My Own’ and new hit, ‘You Are The Reason’.

Sam Perry’s Trust Myself debuted at no 78 on the ARIA Charts this week.

1 Like

Wow. Is The Voice a help or a hindrance?

I think the reason no contestants from The Voice have done well after the show is because the format doesn’t lend itself to creating stars. They have weeks of auditions and then rush through the live shows not giving the audience enough time to connect to the artists.

3 Likes

I looked on the EPG and noticed that the encore of The Voice Finale aired at 2PM.

It turns out that even though the show this was the most successful ever with the most number of votes, people really don’t care, as only 2414 people made enough effort to follow through and buy or stream the song, about a third of Judah’s from last year.

Not sure accumulating more votes makes the show “the most successful ever”.

The “best” of The Voice Worldwide - ITV managed to fill 7 episodes so far.

Auditions for season 7 in 2019 are now open according to the show’s website.

New judge to replace Joe Jonas for 2019.