The Voice

Easter Monday (April 18) will be a huge night with new season premieres of The Voice, MasterChef and Lego Masters all starting at 7.30pm. PVRs will be in overdrive.

Seven will have a slight edge because it will have AFL match between Hawthorn and Geelong as lead-in in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

2 Likes

Stars shine

Jaw-dropping talent, tears and chair turns on The Voice

Stars are born when Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , returns to Channel 7 and 7plus on Monday, 18 April.

The jaw-dropping talent and chair turns continue as brave artists share their voice and their story on Australia’s biggest stage.

Superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy are moved to tears as emotional performances prove the power of music.

Rita shares: “Music is also a saviour. By connecting people through music you realise you are not alone, it’s something really special.”

Jess agrees: “Music moves people. That’s the power that it holds.”

“Being able to bring life, joy and togetherness to a group of people, that’s what it’s all about.” adds Keith.

Lifelong dreams become reality

Aspiring AFL player scores on The Voice stage

Dreams are made on Australia’s biggest stage when The Voice returns to Channel 7 and 7plus on Monday, 18 April.

There is plenty of spine-tingling talent to come, but when 24-year old Lachie Gill performs, superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy know they have witnessed something special.

The P.E. teacher from Melbourne was on his way to fulfilling his dream to play AFL, but a voice inside knew he had to pursue music instead.

Lachie reveals: “As soon as I could walk I had a footy in my hand. I was one step away from my dream of playing footy at the highest level, but music started to take over.

“Ultimately I had to choose. I love footy, but I love music even more.”

His stirring performance of If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaela left Jess “buzzing.”

Rita was floored, declaring: “Wow! What an amazing, amazing audition. You just sounded like you were made to be on that stage.”

Who will coach Lachie towards his ultimate goal on The Voice ?

If you’re in Sydney from April 8-19, get along to the Sydney Royal Easter Show and you’ll be able to do just that.

Fans can step onto The Voice stage, choose their favourite coach and have their superstar moment in a fun interactive slice of the show’s magic.

Held in the Home & Lifestyle Pavilion at Sydney Olympic Park, participants can experience The Voice set coming to life through augmented reality.

Bella Taylor Smith, last year’s winner of The Voice, will be there on April 10 for a meet and greet and a photo op with fans, too.

2 Likes

No hiccups on route to Voice stardom

Will Ethan overcome his greatest fear?

The show-stopping Blind Auditions reach new heights when Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , returns to Channel 7 and 7plus Monday, 18 April.

Thirteen-year old Ethan Hall from Adelaide became a viral sensation after hiccupping his way through the Australian national anthem at a baseball game in 2015.

Six years and 3.6 million views later, Ethan is ready to step onto Australia’s greatest stage but will his secret trick to stop the hiccups work?

“I really, really don’t want my voice to muck up.

“I’m worried that my hiccups might come back,” shares Ethan.

Ethan’s stunning performance of classical hymn Pie Jesu by Sarah Brightman floors superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy.

Keith declared the young teen “awesome”, while Jess hugged an emotional Ethan exclaiming, “you made my day.”

The inspirational new season of The Voice returns Monday, 18 April on Channel 7 and 7plus.

They can turn back around if they don’t like the look of the person?

3 Likes

Early start time for the new season on Easter Monday, hoping to capitalise on the AFL and news lead-in.

2 Likes

The Voice returns with world-first Battle Pass

New season premieres 7.00pm Monday, 18 April

Superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy reclaim their iconic spinning red chairs 7.00pm Monday, 18 April when The Voice returns to unearth Australia’s next singing sensation on Channel 7 and 7plus

With 60 aspiring artists set to take the coveted The Voice stage, the stakes are even higher this season with the addition of the world-first, game-changing Battle Pass, allowing coaches to fast-track artists straight through to the hotly contested Battle Rounds.

Also new this season is The Callbacks, a tough new round for the coaches as they must decide who they will take through to the next round from their chosen 12 artists.

Returning to heat up the competition between the coaches is everyone’s favourite, all-time leveller, The Block. Each coach has the ultimate power to block a rival coach from getting an artist they turned a chair for.

Hosted by Sonia Kruger, The Voice returns 7.00pm Monday, 18 April on Channel 7 and 7plus. Take a front-row seat as music dreams become reality.

Premieres 7.00pm Monday, 18 April on Channel 7 and 7plus Continues 7.30pm Tuesday and Wednesday

1 Like

I guess that would be the silver button to press the Battle Pass. It’s similar to the Got Talent franchise where any judge could send a contestant straight to next round.

Looks like they have a limit this season after having unlimited amount last year

1 Like

The world’s biggest singing competition and Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , is back on Channel 7 and 7plus returning 7.00pm next Monday, 18 April.

Reclaiming their iconic spinning red chairs and ready to unearth Australia’s next singing sensation are ARIA and GRAMMY© Award winner Keith Urban, UK hit machine Rita Ora, mega- selling, singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian and singing and acting phenom Jessica Mauboy.

From pop and rock to soul, country, R&B and every genre in between, The Voice will again see the nation’s greatest voices take to the biggest stage in Australia. Expect spine-tingling performances, epic chair-turning moments and standing ovations as music dreams become reality.

With over 60 talented artists ready to share their voice, what will it take to turn the coaches’ chairs this season?

“What gets me the most is when I feel something; when there’s a truth in their voice that speaks to me beyond the sound of just their vocal and I’m able to feel it deeply,” says Keith.

Adds Rita: “I’m listening for passion. I want to hear how much the person loves to sing and their passion for their artistry.”

Last year’s winning coach, Guy, is searching for that one-in-a- million voice. “Special voices are rare, and it is worth fighting for as a coach when you hear it.”

For Jess, it’s the artist’s connection with the song and how they tell their own story within the performance. “I want them to make me jump out of my chair to learn more about them as an artist.”

One of the most successful television shows in the world, the 11th Australian season of The Voice is hosted by Sonia Kruger and is poised to uncover some of the world’s most incredible performers, all vying to be crowned the 2022 series winner.

The Voice is an ITV Studios Australia production for the Seven Network.

Series Structure

The series begins with the gripping Blind Auditions as artists hope to turn the superstar coaches’ iconic red chairs. This season, the stakes are even higher with the coaches’ teams capped at 12 artists.

If the artist gets more than one chair turn, the coaches must pitch to the artist with the artist deciding which team to join.

In a world-first, this season introduces the coveted Battle Pass, allowing coaches to fast-track artists straight through to the hotly contested Battle Rounds.

Returning and heating up the competition between the coaches is The Block. Each coach has the ultimate power to block a rival coach from getting an artist they turned a chair for.

Coaches get two blocks and can use them at any point during a Blind Audition, including interrupting a rival coach’s pitch. When a coach blocks another coach, the blocking coach cannot pitch for that artist to be on their team.

Also new this season is The Callbacks: a tough new round for the coaches as they must decide who they will take through to the next round from their chosen 12 artists.

Each coach will review their team during a deliberation to decide which artist goes straight through to The Battles, which artists will be grouped to perform in The Callbacks and which artists will go straight home. Teams will go from 12 to six artists.

After The Callbacks are complete, each artist must prove their star power again to their coach against their fellow artists in the iconic Battle Rounds. In the Battle Rounds, each coach pairs their six artists into three groups of two.

The duos sing the same song and the coach decides a winner.

In a new twist, the winners of each Battle will then perform a Sing For Your Life song to determine the final two artists on each team to progress to the Semi-Finals.

The Semi-Final sees each coaches’ remaining two artists singing for survival with their last chance to claim their position Grand Final.

The Grand Final will see the top-four artists take to the stage with their coach for a show-stopping duet. At the end of the Grand Final, Australia will decide which of the four finalists will be crowned The Voice of 2022.

1 Like

This is a variation of blocks from the past seasons. Previously a coach could only use the block during a blind audition performance.

Also this season, each coach could use two blocks during blind auditions, instead of one from previous seasons.

The first 5 minutes of the first episode of The Voice will be shown on 7Mate and 7Flix on Monday night.

Rusted on Seven viewers wishing to avoid this and unwilling to switch to another network will still be able to watch 7Two (or racing.com). (Last year the premiere was also on7Two).

2 Likes

You’ve just described Perth. :wink:

2 Likes

A world-first start to The Voice

High hopes come crashing into night one of The Blind Auditions

The #1 entertainment program of 2021 finally returned to screens tonight, with an epic opening performance of Panic! At the Disco’s High Hopes by The Voice coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy to set the tone. Pulling no punches, the coaches dialled up the world-first Battle Pass and the infamous Block button on a night of electrifying four-chair turns and standing ovations.

Nineteen-year-old Ally Eley from Victoria was the first artist to take to the stage, wowing the coaches with her incredible four-chair-turning performance of Wheatus’ Teenage Dirtbag, before joining Team Guy.

The four-chair turns continued with 23-year-old Victorian Lachie Gill’s chilling performance of JP Saxe and Julia Michaels’ If The World was Ending .

Not risking losing Lachie, Rita blocked Guy. “I’m coming in hot; I’m coming in strong. I don’t want to hear it, Guy. You are no longer in the running,” declared Rita after the bold move that saw Lachie join her team.

Twenty-eight-year-old Victorian mum, Thando Sikwila, was blown away by a standing ovation from the coaches after her sassy interpretation of Chaka Khan’s I’m Every Woman. “I want to challenge what I know of myself as an artist and what I can do. Life is too short to rest on your laurels,” shared Thando before choosing Team Keith.

Dad of six, Danny Phegan from NSW, was the next artist to join Team Keith after adding his country edge to Niall Horan’s This Town.

Twenty-three-year-old Asha Newman from NSW took a gamble singing Rita’s RIP, but was rewarded with a four-chair turn from the coaches and effusive praise from Rita. “I’m smiling so hard right now. It was so effortless and so pure. You stripped it all back and really told the story. Your voice sounded perfect; it was so pure. You smashed that,” Rita said before welcoming Asha to her team.

Singing for her mum who was seated in the audience, Queensland’s 24-year-old Faith Sosene moved Jess to tears with her emotional performance of Celine Dion’s Because You loved Me.

“That was unbelievable. You really moved every single person in this room and the rest of Australia,” Jess proclaimed before awarding Faith the season’s first Battle Pass, fast-tracking her through the competition.

See tonight’s incredible performances :

Epic coaches’ opening performance of Panic! At the Disco’s High Hopes

Ally Eley wows coaches with Wheatus’ Teenage Dirtbag

Lachie Gill stuns with If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

First Block of the season as Rita takes Guy out of the game

Thando Sikwila receives standing ovation for Chaka Khan’s I’m Every Woman

Danny Phegan joins Team Keith after his performance of Niall Horan’s This Town

Jess hands Faith Sosene world-first Battle Pass after Celine Dion’s Because You Loved Me

Tomorrow night on The Voice : The Blinds continue at blistering pace as Keith, Rita, Guy and Jess step up their game to secure the best talent for their teams.

Carpenter nails the competition on The Voice

Shaun Wessel through to Team Keith’s Top Six

The fight for artists intensified tonight on The Voice as coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora and Jessica Mauboy strategised to stop Guy Sebastian from winning the crown a second year in a row.

With Blocks and four-chair turns flying, Keith Urban pulled a Battle Pass to send 40-year-old carpenter from NSW Shaun Wessel (pictured) straight to the coveted Battle Rounds.

The laid-back performer took the stage in his thongs to perform Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers, turning all four coaches’ chairs and prompting Rita to admit, “I have never heard a voice like yours on a show like this.”

Self-confessed mamma’s boy, 23-year-old Jordan Tavita, melted every heart in the house with his performance of Michael Jackson’s Man in the Mirror , earning four-chair turns and a standing ovation from the coaches before choosing Team Guy.

Twenty-seven-year-old former Cirque du Soleil artist Jay Sierra chose Ariana Grande’s God is a Woman, leading Keith to blindside Guy with a Block. “You won last year, and the girls and I had a chat and we just can’t let you win this year!” Keith told Guy before welcoming Jay to his team.

Ballet dancer and long-time fan of The Voice , 16-year-old Sunrise Michelle, sang Birdy’s People Help the People; a song Sunrise chose as it describes how her grandparents helped her after her mother’s mental health issues. Sunrise was welcomed as the newest member of Team Jess.

Tokyo 2020 Olympic gymnast Dominic Clarke performed This City by Sam Fisher, receiving four-chair turns and a standing ovation from the coaches before making Rita’s wish come true. “That was a spectacular, perfect performance. I would die to have you on Team Rita,” said the coach of the 25-year-old’s stage debut. Dominic happily obliged.

Twenty-year-old Nicola de Sensi won praise from the coaches for her performance of Billie Eilish’s When the Party’s Over. After turning all four chairs, Nicola chose Team Guy in a shout out to her beloved nonna: a diehard Guy Sebastian fan.

See tonight’s incredible performances:

Jordan Tavita brings the emotion with Michael Jackson’s Man in the Mirror

Jay Sierra puts a down-tempo spin on Ariana Grande’s God Is A Woman

Olympic athlete Dominic Clarke sings Sam Fischer’s huge tune This City

Shaun Wessel brings the crowd to their feet with The Allman Brothers classic Whipping Post

Artist Sammi surprises Sonia Kruger with a throwback video from her childhood before auditioning

Artist Sammi, Sonia Kruger and the coaches teach a bemused Rita Ora the Aussie tradition of the Nutbush

Jay competed on The X Factor Australia in 2012 as a member of the boyband, The Collective. The article said The Collective won that year which is incorrect. It finished third behind Samantha Jade.

So the Fail is making up stories, AGAIN.

Their modus operandi and they’re doing it so poorly that they’re happy to straight out lie for clicks.

1 Like

Tears and triumph in round three

The Voice delivers an explosive night of Blind Auditions

Tonight on The Voice , explosive and emotional stories of acceptance, survival and triumph dominated the third round of the Blind Auditions.

Twenty-six-year-old Aleisha Gam from NSW delivered an emotional performance of Adele’s Make You Feel My Love, dedicating the power ballad to her mother’s cancer battle and striking a chord with coach Rita Ora.

Wiping away tears, Rita shared her mother’s own cancer journey: “She had breast cancer. It’s also something she talks about. She’s a survivor. She had it super young,” said Rita. "I don’t talk about my mum like that. It’s hard, but this is a moment of pure celebration.” Aleisha proudly joined Team Rita after turning all four chairs.

Twenty-seven-year-old Emily-Jane Conidi from Victoria (pictured) sang Keala Settle’s This is Me , chosen as an “up yours” moment to the people that put her down.

Emily-Jane confessed: “To get a chair to turn and prove every person wrong, that has said ‘you are too fat or too ugly; you are never going to make it,’ would be amazing.” After clapping back at the haters with four chair turns, she joined Team Jess.

With piano playing in his blood, 28-year-old Liam Conroy from Victoria wooed the coaches with a smooth performance of Harry Styles’ Falling. Rita and Jess pitched hard, but Team Guy sealed the deal.

Twenty-four-year-old Latin-inspired diva, Vanessa Librea from Victoria, chose Don’t Go Yet by Camilla Cabello before being welcomed to Team Guy who applauded her sass, style and confidence.

Western Australian lifeguard and surfer Sam McGovern performed a stripped-back acoustic version of U2’s I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For. Keith and Jess duked it out before Sam chose Team Keith, revealing a Keith Urban album was one of his first music purchases as a child.

Thirty-two-year-old Kaylee Bell from NSW started writing country music as a teenager, drawing inspiration from Keith. In a risky move, Kaylee performed an original song she wrote about the coach. The risk paid off with all four chairs turning to start their pitch, but Keith didn’t get far before Jess blocked him.

“I said I was going to fight for her, and I meant that. You totally stand out and I love that about you," said Jess welcoming Kaylee to her team.

Emily-Jane Conidi’s epic performance of Keala Settle’s This Is Me

Liam Conroy has the coaches Falling for his take on Harry Styles

Lifeguard Sam McGovern finds what he’s looking for with a U2 classic

Kaylee Bell’s gamble pays off when she sings her original song Keith

Rita opens up about her mother after Aleisha Gam’s emotional performance of Adele’s Make You Feel My Love

Monday night on The Voice : The jaw-dropping performances continue as a renowned sports star faces his biggest challenge yet.

Blind Auditions have coaches spinning on The Voice

Four-chair turn leaves jockey giddy

Tonight on The Voice , a renowned sports star faced his biggest challenge yet, while jaw-dropping performances had the coaches spinning.

Thirteen-year-old Ethan Hall went viral as the hiccups kid when he sang the national anthem mid hiccups episode at a baseball game in 2015. Tonight his performance of Sarah Brightman’s Pie Jesu was flawless, turning all four coaches’ chairs before choosing to join Team Jess.

“Your voice is super unique, I love your energy. I just love everything about you,” said Jess about her newest team member.

Professional jockey and the rider of over 200 wins, Robbie Dolan, 26, received a standing ovation and four chair turns with his rendition of James Bay’s Let it Go. Despite no professional singing training, Robbie’s raw talent shone through.

Rita was thrilled to secure Robbie, who she called a “rough diamond, star in the making."

Tamworth teen Freddie Bailey took a risk singing Keith Urban’s Wild Hearts and it paid off, landing him a spot on Team Keith and fulfilling his dream to perform with the superstar coach (pictured).

Guy and Rita went head to head after Emerson Alexander’s rendition of Head to Heart by Joel Corry. Guy emerged victorious, claiming Emerson’s voice was “unique, so effortless - I wouldn’t change a thing.”

In her fourth attempt at The Voice, 21-year-old Zoe Koul dazzled the coaches with her interpretation of Hold by Vera Blue. A fierce pitch-off ensued as Keith blocked reigning champion Guy, declaring: “You gotta fight for your artist, the one you believe in, and slay the dragon.”

Eighteen-year-old Georgie Lyons, whose 83-year-old grandpa inspired her to audition, joined Team Guy after performing Justin Beiber’s Anyone.

No hiccups in Ethan Hall’s stunning rendition of Pie Jesu

Jockey Robbie Dolan’s raw talent shines on James Bay’s Let It Go

Robbie’s shock reveal to superstar coaches

Zoe Koul joins Team Keith after incredible Blind Audition of Vera Blue’s Hold

Freddie Bailey’s risk performing Keith Urban’s Wild Hearts pays off

Emerson Alexander’s unique voice on Head and Heart secures a spot on Team Guy

Keith blocks reigning champion Guy

Tomorrow night on The Voice : a familiar face and a seasoned pro bring the fight to Australia’s biggest stage.

It was funny to see her singing an original song about Keith Urban, only for Keith himself to be blocked by Jess during the pitch.

1 Like