The Voice

I thought a few of the acts made out to be STAND OUTS were a bit underwhelming tonight.

The Voice episodes are getting longer. Next Wednesday’s, episode has been bumped up to 1:50 hours and it looks like those the following week will be around 1:45 hours. Apart from the increased time needed to view the show it also means a later start for any following programs.

“This song changed my life forever”

Tears, tributes and a tremendous block on The Voice

Tonight on The Voice , artists dug deep and the superstar coaches pulled no punches as the Blind Auditions passed halfway.

Thirty-six-year-old professional dancer and fire twirler, Richard Tanumi, sparked a pitching war between coaches Jessica Mauboy and Rita Ora with his performance of The Weeknd’s Call Out My Name .

“I think you have such grit and sexiness in your voice; you’re an artist. I’m gonna fight for you,” declared Jess, out-pitching Rita and locking Richard for her team.

Taking the stage dressed in an Oodie, 19-year-old Summer Beecham turned all four coaches’ chairs with her vulnerable performance of Without You by The Kid LAROI and Miley Cyrus.

Jess secured Summer for her team, confessing: “I just love your tone. It’s current, it’s radio-ready; with a voice like that and no training, I can’t imagine what you are going to do next on this show.”

Twenty-year-old wedding singer Chloe Kandetzki sang I Have Nothing by Whitney Houston, creating an emotional déjà vu moment for Jess, who also sang the song for her 2007 Australian Idol audition. With tears in her eyes, Jess said, “You touched my soul in a most vulnerable way. This song changed my life forever.”

At Rita’s request, Jess joined Chloe on stage for a few bars of the epic ballad before Rita unleashed the biggest hit of the night, blocking Jess from pitching for Chloe. “Ruthless! I don’t know what to say,” said a shocked Jess. “I was so blown away by the performance. I had to do it. I was so inspired I had to block Jess,” replied Rita, saying Jess had enough “big voices” on her team.

In a moving tribute, Melanie Cowmeadow sang her late father’s favourite song, Never Let Me Go by Florence + the Machine. The twenty-three-year-old’s emotional performance received four chair turns and a standing ovation from the coaches. Praising Melanie on her performance, Keith said, "The artists I always love the most are the ones that are willing to share their experience with everybody through their art. To choose something so vulnerable, real and raw lets us feel your humanity.” Keith’s words struck a chord, with Melanie choosing his team.

See tonight’s incredible performances here:

Richard Tanumi from NSW sings The Weeknd’s Call Out My Name for his blind audition on The Voice

Victoria’s oodie lover Summer Beecham sings The Kid Laroi and Miley Cyrus’ Without You for her T he Voice blind audition

Victoria’s Chloe Kandetzki goes all out on Whitney Houston’s I Have Nothing for her blind audition on The Voice

Victoria’s Leonardo Iliev takes the bold move of performing his original song Nasty for his blind audition on The Voice

At 80-years-old Conrad De Silva from Victoria becomes the oldest ever auditionee with his charming performance of Nat King Cole’s L-O-V-E , dedicated to his wife, for his blind audition on The Voice

South Australia’s Melanie Cowmeadow opens her heart with an emotionally powerful performance of Florence + The Machine’s Never Let Me Go for her blind audition on The Voice

Sunday night on The Voice : a country kid from Tamworth shocks the house and one of the best voices to hit the Blind Auditions blows the coaches away.

Robbie’s performance was also covered on horse racing websites around Australia. Imagine if he made the grand final!

It was a very beautiful performance, shamed about Rita’s blocking of Jess though.

Background article on Melanie’s choice of audition song

It’s a part of the show. And Rita has been blocked also.

I have struggled to see some of the hype from some of the auctions this year.

Melanie Cowmeadow. That’s got to be a stage name.

Cowmeadow is her real family name.

Notice that Melanie featured on Triple J Unearthed website in March with her debut single Destined to Follow (Shadow).

Back for redemption

Magic moments and familiar faces on The Voice

Tonight on The Voice , a familiar face returned for redemption while Guy Sebastian used his last remaining block to sensationally stop Jessica Mauboy from securing powerhouse performer Celestial Utai.

First on stage, Lane Pittman from NSW chose to pay tribute to his late father in his Blind Audition by singing Luke Combs’ Even Though I’m Leaving.

The coaches were floored by the 15 year old’s moving performance, with Jess calling it a “magic moment.” Lane ultimately chose Team Keith, becoming the eighth member of his team.

Western Australian K-Pop fan Amber Reid performed BTS’ international smash-hit Butter , instantly spinning chairs for Jess, Guy and Rita. The 23-year-old TikTok creator was lauded for her energy and positivity before choosing Team Jess. You are what this show is all about,” said Jess in awe of Amber’s style and spirit.

Twenty-nine-year-old Chriddy Black from QLD returned to The Voice stage for redemption after his 2019 journey ended in the Battles with Team Guy. Planning to perform as a duo tonight, Chriddy was dealt a curveball when his friend failed to show for their audition. Determined to take to the stage, Chriddy performed solo, turning all four coaches’ chairs with Stay by The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber.

“You are super unique,” said Keith before welcoming Chriddy to his team.

Connor Wink from NSW paid tribute to his idol, Cher, singing Believe and turning all four coaches’ chairs. The twenty-three-year-old blind singer said music made him feel at peace and connected with other people, before choosing to join Team Guy.

Twenty-two-year-old Celestial Utai (pictured) aimed sky-high, challenging herself with Beyoncé’s technical track, Déjà vu. The move paid off with all coaches instantly pitching for the proud Samoan singer from QLD. “You are the face of everything we have been talking about right now. That’s a gift. You owned it; bared your soul with such celebration,” praised Jess before Guy blocked her mid-pitch, claiming she was his biggest competition. After welcoming her to his team, Guy awarded Celestial the all-important Battle Pass.

Tamworth teenager Lane Pittman stuns singing Luke Combs’ Even Though I’m Leaving

K-Pop pop fan Amber Reid earns a spot on Team Jess with the BTS smash-hit Butter

Connor Wink turns chairs with his stripped back version of Cher’s Believe on The Voice Blind Auditions

Chriddy Black makes a triumphant return to The Voice stage performing The Kid Laroi and Justin Bieber’s hit Stay

Celestial Utai blows the coaches away with Beyonce’s Déjà vu earning a Battle Pass from Guy

Say bye to the Blinds

Rita and Jess lock their final team members on The Voice

Tonight on The Voice , the final Blind Auditions saw Rita Ora and Jessica Mauboy fight hard to fill the remaining places on their teams.

Seventeen-year-old Xanthe Campbell from the Australian Capital Territory owned the stage with Billie Eilish’s Happier Than Ever, immediately spinning Jessica and Rita’s chairs.

“Thank you! I knew I was waiting for something special and here you are,” said Rita of Xanthe’s explosive performance before welcoming her to the team.

Victorian volunteer fire service worker, Bri Dodd, lit up the stage with Jess’ hit Fallin ’. Rita and Jess turned their chairs immediately, praising Bri’s haunting vocals and bravery for taking on a coach’s song.

In a surprise twist, Rita managed to sway the 25-year-old Mauboy fan to join her team, saying: “Your runs were spectacular; you are very special. You have such a great tone. I can hear you on the radio like yesterday.”

Nineteen-year-old Finnian Johnson from NSW stunned the coaches with his epic performance of Noah Cyrus’ July . “I have been waiting for this moment and I will fight for you!” Jessica declared before slamming her last block button, sidelining Rita and officially completing her team.

“I have 12 incredible artists! It’s going on; it’s big this year,” Jess said, excited by her newly minted team of diverse performers.

Last to take to the stage for the night, 19-year-old Theoni Marks (pictured) from NSW thrilled the coaches with her electrifying performance of Adele’s Easy on Me. Theoni’s earth-shattering performance left Rita with a sense of vindication about her slow and steady approach to filing her team.

“I have never been the most patient person and my mother would vouch for that, but for some reason something genuinely told me just to wait… And look what God has delivered me!” she said welcoming her final artist to the team.

It didn’t stop there, with Rita adding: “This is not only fate; this was so meant to be and there’s only one way forward for you in this competition,” before rewarding Theoni with a shiny Battle Pass.

Xanthe Campbell performs Billie Eilish’s Happier Than Ever
Bri Dodd performs Jess Mauboy’s Fallin
Finnian Johnson sings Noah Cyrus’ July
Theoni Marks makes a play for the very last team spot with a huge performance of Adele’s Easy On Me
Although he didn’t get any chair turns, Arthur Hull is given a special experiment by Keith Urban to change his performance altogether
With the end of the Blind Auditions in sight, Rita and Jess fight hard for artist Finnian Johnson

Tomorrow night on The Voice : 48 incredible artists made it through the Blind Auditions, but now they must face The Callbacks. Who has what it takes to make it to The Battles? Don’t miss finding out.

I wonder what Rita actually said to both contestants at the blind auditions.

1 Like

The Blind Auditions finished up last night. What’s the rundown of the series now? There’s a show on tonight, then continues next week. Some judges hit the “buzzer” for sone contestants to make it straight to the battle rounds. So what airs before the battle rounds?

2 Likes

@yellow_sock

Also new this season is The Callbacks: a tough new round for the coaches as they must decide who they will take through to the next round from their chosen 12 artists.

Each coach will review their team during a deliberation to decide which artist goes straight through to The Battles, which artists will be grouped to perform in The Callbacks and which artists will go straight home. Teams will go from 12 to six artists.

After The Callbacks are complete, each artist must prove their star power again to their coach against their fellow artists in the iconic Battle Rounds. In the Battle Rounds, each coach pairs their six artists into three groups of two.

The duos sing the same song and the coach decides a winner.

In a new twist, the winners of each Battle will then perform a Sing For Your Life song to determine the final two artists on each team to progress to the Semi-Finals.

The Semi-Final sees each coaches’ remaining two artists singing for survival with their last chance to claim their position Grand Final.

The Grand Final will see the top-four artists take to the stage with their coach for a show-stopping duet. At the end of the Grand Final, Australia will decide which of the four finalists will be crowned The Voice of 2022.

1 Like

Tonight’s Callbacks episode is two hours long. It was originally scheduled to finish at 9.20pm.

Just catching up on tonight’s episode. Why did the first group of Jess’s not get to perform on stage? They sung in the rehearsal room and then were eliminated?

Honestly. This stuff is why this show fails after The Blinds.

1 Like

They do so many blind auditions and then rush through everything else. I honestly don’t know why they do it when it ruins the whole viewing experience. I prefer them to stretch the season out if they’re going to do so many blinds and let each element of the show flow naturally.

1 Like

Its the same problem as last year’s series. This show tonight could have been run as two episodes. It would have been better to let everyone have another chance to perform on stage in this round.

7 Likes

On the road to Battle

Sublime sing-offs secure lifelong dreams

Tonight on The Voice , with lifelong dreams on the line, superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy faced agonisingly tough decisions on who to send through to The Voice Battles.

Fighting for one of only six spots on each team in the Battles, some artists performed a stripped-back version of their Blind Audition song for their coach, while others were tasked with a new song and pitted against a team member in a sing-off.

Guy proclaimed: “This is a disaster. I don’t know what I’ve done to myself,” after the sublime sing-off between Jordan Tavita from NSW, and Victorians Liam Conroy and Emerson Alexander.

Their epic Adele performances proved all three deserve their spot on the Battle stage as Guy declared: “the only thing I can do is to put all three of you through.”

Rita said “whoever can show me their true grit and determination will earn a spot on Team Rita,” sending both NSW jockey Robbie Dolan and 24-year-old Lachie Gill from Victoria (pictured) through to the Battles.

With their phenomenal final six decided, The Voice coaches are ready to battle. Rita declared: “I am so happy with my team; I secretly feel like I may have stolen Guy’s crown and he just doesn’t know it yet!”

Guy countered: “I definitely have a team that can defend this crown of mine!” while Keith described his final six artists as “phenomenal. I’ve got the winner in there.”

Jessica added: “I have a team of so many genres and performers. I’m really excited to take them through and watch them rise.”

See tonight’s incredible sing-off performances here:

Liam, Emerson and Jordan’s epic Adele sing-off secures all three a spot Team Guy

Lachie, Robbie and Dominic fight for their spot on Team Rita with Lewis Capaldi songs

Freddie, Danny and Lane sing to secure a life-changing place on Team Keith with guitar-laden pop hits
Jael, Sammy and Summer fight for their spot on Team Jess with Ariana Grande hits

Kaylee, Amber and Richard fight for their spot on Team Jess with Britney Spears songs
Asha, Bri and Xanthe sing-off for a place on Team Rita with Avril Lavigne songs
Cassidy, Ally, Vanessa and Jas take to The Voice stage with Justin Beiber songs to secure a Battle place on Team Guy
Zoe, Chriddy, Taylor and Jay fight for their spot on Team Keith with Billie Eilish songs

Team Jess
Richard Tanumi, 36 NSW
Jael Wena, 16 Victoria
Kaylee Bell, 33 NSW
Finnian Johnson, 19 NSW
Faith Sosene, 24 Queensland
Emily-Jane Conidi, 27 Victoria

Team Guy
Celestial Utai, 22 Queensland
Liam Conroy, 28 Victoria
Emerson Alexander, 39 Victoria
Jordan Tavita, 23 NSW
Cassidy Mackie, 26 Victoria
Jas Winter, 20 Victoria

Team Keith
Shaun Wessel, 40 NSW
Thando Sikwila, 28 Victoria
Melanie Cowmeadow, 23 South Australia
Freddie Bailey, 17 NSW
Lane Pittman, 15 NSW
Chriddy Black, 29 Queensland

Team Rita
Ella & Sienna, 19 and 15 South Australia
Liam Keates-Ryley, 19 Queensland
Theoni Marks, 19 NSW
Lachie Gill, 24 Victoria
Robbie Dolan, 26 NSW
Xanthe Campbell, 17 Canberra

Sunday night on The Voice : Artists go head to head in the Battles as they fight in a supersized Voice arena for a shot at glory and a chance to make their music dreams come true.

Knock-out night of performances on The Voice

The Voice Sunday 7.00pm on Channel 7 and 7plus

Australia’s biggest voices unleashed in supersized Battle arena

Don’t miss a night of knock-out performances on Australia’s #1 entertainment show, The Voice , as The Battles kick off Sunday, 7.00pm on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Artists go head to head as superstar coaches Keith Urban and Guy Sebastian take their blockbuster teams into the arena to fight it out for a place in the finals and a shot at Voice glory.

In the middle of the high-stakes shoot out, just as her lifelong dream is within reach, the unthinkable happens to Melanie Cowmeadow (pictured) when she reveals, “I’ve lost my voice.”

Will the 23-year-old make it through?

With only two spots on each team, whose voice will stand out above the rest to secure a place in The Voice Semi-Final?

Guy Sebastian filmed swearing at a group of teens.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/guy-sebastian-filmed-swearing-at-group-of-teens-over-easter-school-holidays/news-story/2f616c1005f2cea68a899aeb8757ee96

Just saw the recording of Callbacks this afternoon. I agree with Tom_TV7 that the process was too rushed, and some contestants were eliminated without being able to return to the stage and sing again. This episode should have been shown over two episodes.
I wonder if it was during this Callbacks stage that a contestant tested positive to COVID and filming had to finish early for the Christmas break?

I think you are referring to 80-year-old Conrad de Silva, whose audition aired on April 27. He performed L-O-V-E with his wife of 50 years watching from the side.

1 Like