The Voice

I believe so… as the Winter Olympics are on next week.

Oh I see. I was going to ask when they start lol head in the clouds

Brilliant episode tonight. Amazing talent. I’m sold.

1 Like

How are they going to go back to solo singers after this? It gave a whole new energy to the show.

2 Likes

A singing competition for the ages

Night one of The Voice Generations hits all the right notes

The hotly anticipated premiere of The Voice Generations had superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy up, down and spinning around in their iconic red chairs as the first night of Blind Auditions produced one standing ovation after another.

Rita was the first to fill the coveted two spots on her team, out-pitching her fellow coaches to sign two incredible father/daughter acts: R&B pop sensation Micah and Maurice, and emotive vocalists Caitlin and Tim – who had Ora in tears with their version of Shallow by Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper.

The Wenas, a vibrant Victorian family of six, turned all four coaches’ chairs with their heart-warming rendition of Sister Sledge’s We Are Family but chose last season’s winning coach, Guy. Jessica teamed up with Western Australian couple Bloom and James after being hypnotised by their haunting performance of Adele’s Rolling In The Deep .

Father and son rock duo, Ty and Eddie from NSW, blew the coaches away with their high-energy take on the Fleetwood Mac classic, Go Your Own Way , with the guitar-loving pair choosing to team up with Keith for their shot at Voice glory.

While the competition was fierce on and off the stage, Keith, Guy and Jess found time to showcase their sublime vocals performing an acapella version of Stand By Me in a mock audition for Team Rita.

Catch clips of tonight’s unmissable performances and more below:

Tuesday night on The Voice Generations , get ready to meet the youngest contestant ever to sing on a Voice stage anywhere in the world, as the coaches lock their teams in the final round of Blind Auditions. Who will claim their spot in the first-ever The Voice Generations Grand Finale?

1 Like

I think 7 should consider repeating the 3 episodes during the Easter non ratings to ensure maximum exposure for the concept. I would certainly watch again.

2 Likes

Soaring harmonies decide The Voice Generations Grand Finalists

The Voice Generations Grand Finalists are locked after tonight’s unforgettable musical acts left superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy in awe.

The remaining Blind Auditions saw each coach complete their team lineup before the best of the best battled it out to claim one of four coveted places in tomorrow night’s first-ever The Voice Generations Grand Finale.

Singing teacher, Kelsi, and her 13-year-old student, Jessica, earned their Grand Finale spot with Team Jess after showcasing their soaring harmonies in a cover of P!nk’s What About Us. The pair outshone Western Australian couple Bloom and James’ performance of Tina Turner and Kygo’s What’s Love Got To Do With It?

With two father-daughter acts on Team Rita, the coach was brought to tears when reminded of her own dad. Caitlin and Tim’s powerhouse performance of Say Something by A Great Big World ft. Christina Aguilera secured their Grand Finale spot despite father-daughter Micah and Maurice’s epic dance moves and energetic vocals in Don’t Start Now by Dua Lipa.

Keith chose to take father-son rock duo Ty and Eddie to the Grand Finale after witnessing their explosive performance of Jet’s Are You Gonna Be My Girl. Nonetheless, the coaches had nothing but praise for the duo’s competitors, multi-generational bluegrass family band The O’Donnells, featuring three-year-old Amy, the youngest performer ever on any Voice stage in the world.

It was a family affair for Team Guy with Victorian family of six, The Wenas, facing off against the globetrotting buskers from NSW, Kids of Leo. Despite both acts’ incredible voices, Guy was won over by the Wenas’ rendition of I’ll Be There by Jess Glynne.

Catch clips of tonight’s unmissable performances and more below:

Tomorrow night on The Voice Generations Grand Finale, four incredible acts take to the stage. Who will be crowned the world’s first ever The Voice Generations champion?

1 Like

Public voting for the winning team closes at around 8.20pm AEDT tonight. Voting is via SMS.
Obviously multiple endings were filmed for tonight’s finale.

1 Like

Caitlyn and Tim are the voices of a generation

Australia crowns dad and daughter first champions of The Voice Generations

In tonight’s fiercely contested Grand Finale of The Voice Generations , Australia voted 23-year-old Caitlin and her 52-year-old dad, Tim, the world’s first The Voice Generations champions.

After the announcement, a shocked Caitlin said, “Oh my gosh! With all these amazing teams, I just can’t believe it! Thank you so much Australia for voting for us and Team Rita.”

Proud coach Rita Ora was ecstatic, declaring: “I can’t believe it! Well, I can believe it, but I can’t, but I can! I’m so happy for you guys. You deserve it. I’m just so happy.”

Caitlin and Tim captivated audiences from their first Blind Audition, bringing emotion and vulnerability to every performance, as Caitlin acknowledged, “Music for us is one of the biggest parts of our connection.”

Proud dad Tim said, “When I perform on stage with Caitlin, I am in awe of her singing. It’s incredible.”

In tonight’s Grand Finale, the winning duo lit up the stage with a powerhouse performance of Sia’s Alive.

Rita declared herself “obsessed” with the talented pair, admitting, "Every time I’ve been with you both, you’ve seen me break into tears. It is genuine happiness at seeing how far you’ve both come and how much you love your daughter, and how much she loves her dad.

“You guys have one of the best voices I’ve ever heard on this Voice experience. Thank you so much for being here.”

Guy Sebastian said, “Tim, it’s pretty obvious the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. I loved it.”

Fellow Grand Finalists Ty and Eddie, The Wenas, and Kelsi and Jess also stunned with incredible performances, before The Voice 2021 winner Bella Taylor Smith took to the stage to showcase her sublime vocals performing her new single Nice to Know Ya.

Catch clips of tonight’s unmissable Grand Finale performances and more below:

They actually went through the process of crowning a winner off a 3 episode season? Geez.

1 Like

Get ready to roar!

The Voice coaches soar in new film clip

Get ready to roar! Superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy have recorded an epic promo to mark the upcoming season return of 2021’s #1 entertainment program, The Voice, coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

In the snappy, feel-good film clip directed by ARIA award-winning filmmaker James Chappell, the coaches lend their striking vocals to Katy Perry’s much-loved anthem Roar as they perform on a custom-built, neon-lit stage surrounded by dazzling fireworks and a sea of over 100 dancers.

Known for discovering and nurturing new artists, including 2021 series champion Bella Taylor Smith, The Voice is set to make more dreams come true in 2022 with even more life-changing, spectacular chair-turning moments.

One of the most successful formats in the world, the new season of Seven’s The Voice will be hosted by Sonia Kruger and features surprising new twists, plus the strongest ever line-up of artists competing to be crowned the winner.

Don’t miss the next explosive season of The Voice, returning to Channel 7 and 7plus in 2022.

1 Like

I binged all three episodes of The Voice Generations on Sunday. It was a great series with some incredible performances. I think some of the contestants may audition solo for future seasons of The Voice.

Congratulations to Caitlyn and Tim Rizzoli for winning Generations.

Kelsi Boyden, who made the grand final with her student Jess Laffan, is an opera singer and will next play Meg Giry in The Handa Opera on Sydney Harbour season of The Phantom of the Opera, which opens on March 25.

The voice set to soar

Superstar coaches left in awe by amazing performance

The world’s biggest singing competition and Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , is back, returning soon to Channel 7 and 7plus soon.

Ready to unearth Australia’s next singing sensation and reclaiming their iconic spinning red chairs for another season of fierce competition are ARIA and GRAMMY© Award winner Keith Urban, UK hit machine Rita Ora, mega-selling, singer-songwriter Guy Sebastian and singing and acting sensation Jessica Mauboy.

The calibre of performers stepping up to The Voice stage is higher than ever, but one phenomenal female voice has all four superstar coaches in awe, asking “Whose voice is it”?

From pop and rock to soul, country, R&B and every genre in between, The Voice will again see the nation’s greatest voices perform on the biggest stage in Australia. Expect spine-tingling performances, epic chair-turning moments and standing ovations as music dreams become reality.

With over 60 talented Artists ready to share their voice, what will it take to turn the coaches’ chairs this season?

“What will get me the most is when I feel something; when there’s a truth in their voice that speaks to me beyond the sound of just their vocal and I’m able to feel it deeply,” says Keith.

Adds Rita: "I’m listening for passion. I want to hear how much the person loves to sing and their passion for their artistry.”

Last year’s winning coach, Guy is searching for that one-in-a-million voice. “Special voices are rare, and it is worth fighting for as a coach when you hear it.”

For Jess, it’s the artist’s connection with the song and how they tell their own story within the performance. “I want them to make me jump out of my chair to learn more about them as an artist.”

One of the most successful television shows in the world, the 11th Australian season of The Voice is hosted by Sonia Kruger and is poised to uncover some of the world’s most incredible performers, all vying to be crowned the 2022 series winner.

1 Like

Look at clip around 49 seconds. All the coaches were encouraging Rita to turn, so maybe they have introduced a cap instead of the unlimited amount of people per team they had last season

The new season starts “after Easter”, according to an updated promo shown during the AFL season opener tonight.

Is it really a good idea to start this so soon after Generations bombed? They should wait until after the Commonwealth Games to get maximum halo effect and give The Block a run for its money.

Generations was a three-night spin-off that was merely a pre-Olympics filler. Think there’ll probably still be interest in the ‘regular’ version (though wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t perform as strongly as it did last year).

Am in two minds about that. On one hand, there’s an argument for doing that considering The Voice performed strongly post-Olympics last year. On the other hand though, the show only ‘tamed’ (for lack of a better term) The Block during the blind auditions phase. As soon as The Voice got past that stage, The Block bounced back (helped by a ‘scandal’) and its ratings took off from there. Guessing the thinking is Seven wants to see if other shows will give The Block run for its money for longer.

1 Like

Courage triumphs on the Voice stage

Teen stuns superstar coaches

Meet the first artist ready to face the music when Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , returns to Channel 7 and 7plus after Easter.

Singing means everything to 19-year old Alley Eley from Melbourne, but in primary school one cruel moment rocked her confidence.

Now, after 10 years, Alley uses the setback to her advantage and summons the courage to prove that you can strive for your dreams no matter what others say.

Her unique rendition of Teenage Dirtbag has the superstar coaches enraptured, and leaves the teenager in tears after all four coaches turn their iconic red chairs.

Keith Urban observed: “We get a lot of fuel from the cheerleaders in our lives, but man we get a lot of fuel from the naysayers who say to us: you’ll never amount to anything.”

Rita Ora added: “You have just scratched the surface of something beyond your expectations.”

Mum’s time to shine

Thando is every woman on The Voice

There’s no shortage of inspirational artists ready to take on the Blind Auditions when the all-new season of the world’s biggest singing competition, The Voice , premieres after Easter on Channel 7 and 7plus.

It’s mum’s time to shine when singer and songwriter Thando Sikwila from Melbourne steps on The Voice stage to belt out the iconic Chaka Khan anthem I’m Every Woman .

Thando proclaims: “My daughter [3-year-old Charlie] has inspired me to just go for it.”

“There is nothing wrong with following your ambitions and still wanting to be a mum. It is possible to live your dreams.”

A standing ovation from all four superstar coaches - Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy - proves Thando’s dreams may become a reality.

Keith Urban declares: “You chose that song because you live it.”

Rita Ora agrees: “I think that whatever you do and wherever you go, it’s going to be spectacular.”

Professional jockey sings from the heart

Diamond in the rough shines on The Voice

The talent keeps racing out of the stables when Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , returns Monday,18 April on Channel 7 and 7plus

Professional jockey Robbie Dolan moved to Australia from Ireland in 2016, but when the 26 year old steps onto The Voice stage, all bets are off.

The multiple Group-1-winning jockey, who has no professional singing training, admits: “I don’t know anything technical about music, but I’ve always been singing in the car, on the way to the races and in the shower.

“I’m not too sure if I can even sing well enough for something like this. I just know that I love singing, it’s definitely from the heart.”

Robbie’s incredible rendition of James Bay’s Let It Go stuns superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy – proving this jockey has true talent off the track.

Guy Sebastian exclaimed: “That’s what this show is about; actually finding people who don’t know how good they are.”

Will this diamond in the rough become a frontrunner on The Voice ?

Don’t miss the inspirational new season of The Voice , Monday, 18 April on Channel 7 and 7plus.

1 Like

Easter Monday (April 18) will be a huge night with new season premieres of The Voice, MasterChef and Lego Masters all starting at 7.30pm. PVRs will be in overdrive.

Seven will have a slight edge because it will have AFL match between Hawthorn and Geelong as lead-in in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth.

2 Likes

Stars shine

Jaw-dropping talent, tears and chair turns on The Voice

Stars are born when Australia’s #1 entertainment program of 2021, The Voice , returns to Channel 7 and 7plus on Monday, 18 April.

The jaw-dropping talent and chair turns continue as brave artists share their voice and their story on Australia’s biggest stage.

Superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy are moved to tears as emotional performances prove the power of music.

Rita shares: “Music is also a saviour. By connecting people through music you realise you are not alone, it’s something really special.”

Jess agrees: “Music moves people. That’s the power that it holds.”

“Being able to bring life, joy and togetherness to a group of people, that’s what it’s all about.” adds Keith.

Lifelong dreams become reality

Aspiring AFL player scores on The Voice stage

Dreams are made on Australia’s biggest stage when The Voice returns to Channel 7 and 7plus on Monday, 18 April.

There is plenty of spine-tingling talent to come, but when 24-year old Lachie Gill performs, superstar coaches Keith Urban, Rita Ora, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy know they have witnessed something special.

The P.E. teacher from Melbourne was on his way to fulfilling his dream to play AFL, but a voice inside knew he had to pursue music instead.

Lachie reveals: “As soon as I could walk I had a footy in my hand. I was one step away from my dream of playing footy at the highest level, but music started to take over.

“Ultimately I had to choose. I love footy, but I love music even more.”

His stirring performance of If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaela left Jess “buzzing.”

Rita was floored, declaring: “Wow! What an amazing, amazing audition. You just sounded like you were made to be on that stage.”

Who will coach Lachie towards his ultimate goal on The Voice ?