The Voice

And plus, Sonia has too many shows on 7.
DWTS
Big Brother
Holy Moley
&
The Voice.

1 Like

Discovering The Voice within - Soul-baring performances leave coaches in tears

Emotions ran high on The Voice tonight, as Keith Urban and Guy Sebastian’s Top Five artists sang for a life-changing spot in the Semi-Final. Two spellbinding performances saw artists receive an express pass, while two more earned their Semi-Final spot after some difficult deliberation from the coaches.

New star Bella Taylor Smith left Rita Ora and Jessica Mauboy in tears after her emotional performance of Christina Aguilera’s The Voice Within . Bella’s incredible rendition left her coach Guy no option but to send her straight to the Semi-Final.

Her heartfelt performance came after Bella opened up about her challenging family life, including her father’s addiction issues, after previously sharing she was helping raise her younger sister. Guy said: “I think, because you’re so pure inside, when you sing people can’t help but be drawn to this thing that feels so beautiful, it’s unbelievable.” An emotional Jess thanked Bella for telling her story: “For so many who may be going through the same thing it’s helping, it creates change and it heals people.”

Arlo Sim moved straight to the Semi-Final after his remarkable rendition of idontwannabeyouanymore by Billie Eilish earnt a standing ovation and praise from all four coaches. Guy acknowledged: “Something would have to be seriously wrong if you don’t blow up and become a big artist.” Arlo’s proud coach Keith said: “Some other artists have to keep looking for their truth and their purity in their soul, you have that, and your job is going to be protecting it.” Rita was in awe of his “pure amazing performance.”

After a challenging mentor session with coach Guy, Jordan Fuller shone on stage with his phenomenal rendition of Justin Bieber’s All About Now earning a ticket to the Semi-Final.

Guy said: “Jordan ticks all the boxes for me, he’s got such a unique sound and a real depth beyond his years.” Rita declared his talent “unbelievable.”

Lau Abend rose to the challenge to tackle an up-tempo song, Adore You by Harry Styles, securing her Semi-Final place as Keith noted Lau’s “killer instinct” separated her from the pack. Guy agreed: “You’re really special.”

The night ended on another high as superstar coach Rita Ora rocked The Voice stage with her hit Bang Bang .

Tomorrow night, with lifelong dreams in reach, the incredible performances continue as Team Jess and Team Rita’s Top Five bring their best to The Voice stage.

My suggestion for next season:
7 blind auditions
2 cuts (one episode for two coaches)
4 knockouts (one episode for each coach, six contestants per coach perform, two eliminated at end of episode)
2 quarter-finals (one episode for two coaches, four contestants per coach perform, two eliminated at end of episode)
The above will run for four weeks with three episodes each week. It will be followed by:

1 semi-final (two contestants per coach, one of whom will go home at end of episode)
Grand Final

These singers are essentially singing 3 to 4 songs the entire series. They must feel so ripped off

2 Likes
1 Like

With the updated schedule for next week, looks like will have to wait another week until Sunday 12 September for The Voice final.

Will all the judges be back for next year? They clearly have resonated with the audience.

1 Like

Seven have pulled a rabbit out of the hat with The Voice 2021 lots of things aligned to create a winner

2 Likes

It has been confirmed that the grand final will be shown on Sunday 12 September at 7pm.

1 Like

And here are the semi-finalists, including Ella and Mick from Team Jess, and G-Nation and Sian from Team Rita.

2 Likes

Personally not sure about this, could it skew the voting even more?

Here are the voting instructions for this year’s grand final:

Why restrict voting to people who have a 7plus account AND a Facebook account?

The four grand finalists will appear live on Sunrise on Monday morning.

So you have to join the Cult of Seven. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Who will be The Voice?

Bella Taylor Smith, Arlo Sim, Mick Harrington and G-Nat!on are one step away from life-changing win

Tonight on The Voice, spine-tinging Semi-Final performances paved the way for a blockbuster Grand Final next Sunday, 12 September on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The top four artists competing for the crown in the world’s biggest singing competition are Bella Taylor Smith from Team Guy, Arlo Sim from Team Keith, Mick Harrington from Team Jess and G-Nat!on from Team Rita.

All-star coach Guy Sebastian also took to the stage tonight to perform his new single Believer .

Bella Taylor Smith’s stunning performance of Everybody Hurts by R.E.M secured her a Grand Final berth after a moving mentoring session with coach Guy saw Bella in tears as she shared a letter from her Dad in prison.

Ahead of her performance, Bella confided: “It’s really scary for me to be vulnerable and it feels really exposing to be singing words like this, but I feel like it would be good for me to show that on stage.”

Guy said: “I get something different every time you sing. There’s always a depth to what you do, it’s emotionally moving, its vocally sublime.”

Guy called his decision between Bella and Jordan Fuller “near impossible” but declared: “The artist I believe is connected to and trusts their gift just that bit more.”

Next Sunday night, the spectacular Grand Final of The Voice will see the top four artists take to the stage with their coaches for a show-stopping duet. Who will be crowned The Voice of 2021? Australia decides. Don’t miss a minute.

The Voice Grand Final

7.00pm Sunday 12 September on Channel 7 and 7plus

Get the feeling!

Who has the rights to The Voice US?

So was I. I was hoping either Jordan or Sian would get through.

1 Like

I agree. Think the girl especially got robbed. Is next week’s grand final live??? Don’t get how the voting works with a pre recorded show :eyes:

The grand final was filmed on April 11, after the Easter break.

Recorded four different endings. Correct one goes to air.

Makes sense. I do miss the live shows but not really feasible in these Covid times

1 Like