Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

They could’ve aired RFDS on Tuesday and Wednesday at 8.30 instead and do Australia Now and Then on Monday. This double episode rubbish wouldn’t work.

2 Likes

A strategy which just leads to lower ratings for the second episode of the night and too much of a commitment for some viewers, so they give up. Therefore the strategy leads to lower ratings overall and it kills off a show early.

6 Likes

Although the episodes are 50 minutes with ads? Either the episodes will be shorter or the number of ads reduced.

They must be running without closing and opening credits.

RFDS episodes are 45 minutes.

1 Like

Schedule Update

Sunday 5 September
07:00 PM The Voice S10 E12 Semi-Final ← Description added

Monday 6 September
07:30 PM Holey Moley USA S02 E14

Tuesday 7 September
07:30 PM Holey Moley USA S02 E15
08:30 PM Movie: Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Wednesday 8 September
08:30 PM RFDS S01 E05
09:30 PM RFDS S01 E06 <— Episode lengths now at 60 minutes.
10:30 PM The Latest: Seven News
11:00 PM Chicago Fire S09 E05

2 Likes

Holey Moley US - filler until SAS starts the following week.

3 Likes

Couldn’t they have used those missing Australia Then and Now episodes rather than random American Holey Moley? I predict a flop.

9 Likes

Typical Seven. Even Border Security would be better than the US version of the flop.

Could they have no just started SAS on a Monday? Feels like they are going to lose a lot of momentum.

Think they might run out of content later this year if they started SAS early. SAS is only 12 episodes I think and Big Brother VIP is about 20 or something so they do need to stretch some shows out. Again poor planning by Seven because they could’ve had enough content going for them if they gave AGT a go in another state/territory.

I thought that Factual Programs (like Border Patrol, Motorway Patrol, Surveillance OZ etc) are the go to programs to fill in a void in the schedule. Holey Moley USA? Really? I also can see that flopping!

The 2021 Brownlow Medal Count has been confirmed for Sunday 19 September.

1 Like

Couldn’t they just put holey moley on at the end of the year. To me it doesn’t make sense to lose that momentum.

1 Like

Are they trying to prevent 10 from launching The Masked Singer and The Block from picking up extra viewers on the reveal episode? That’s the only logical reason I can think of for stretching The Voice (& putting filler between).

Latest update from Seven - main channel coverage for Brisbane on Saturday night.

Friday 3 September
Melbourne
07:00 PM Friday Night Countdown
07:30 PM AFL Semi Final 2: Geelong v GWS
10:30 PM AFL Post Game
11:00 PM Armchair Experts
11:30 PM RFDS

Adelaide
06:30 PM Friday Night Countdown
07:00 PM AFL Semi Final 2: Geelong v GWS
10:00 PM AFL Post Game
10:30 PM Armchair Experts
11:00 PM RFDS

Saturday 4 September
Melbourne, Brisbane
07:00 PM AFL Semi Final 1: Brisbane v Western Bulldogs
11:00 PM Homicide: With Ron Iddles Rpt

Adelaide
06:30 PM AFL Semi Final 1: Brisbane v Western Bulldogs
10:30 PM Homicide: With Ron Iddles Rpt
11:30 PM Surveillance Oz Rpt

Friday 10 September
Melbourne
07:30 PM AFL Prelim Final 1: Melbourne v TBA
11:00 PM Armchair Experts
11:30 PM TBA

Adelaide
07:00 PM AFL Prelim Final 1: Melbourne v TBA
10:30 PM Armchair Experts
11:00 PM TBA

Saturday 11 September
Melbourne
07:00 PM AFL Prelim Final 2: Port Adelaide v TBA
11:00 PM TBA

Adelaide
06:30 PM AFL Prelim Final 2: Port Adelaide v TBA
10:30 PM TBA
11:30 PM Surveillance Oz Rpt

1 Like

Yeah but then show holey Moley at the end of the year against the other networks lower rating shows where it might still get the same number of viewers but a higher %
All they are doing now is letting the block thrive which is more damaging for SAS.

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Holey Moley USA is going to flop so hard it’s not even going to be funny and it should be nothing but filler at the end of the year.

I personally think Seven should’ve commissioned more episodes of The Voice (at least enough to stretch them out for another week) and SAS Australia (so that they don’t run out of content at the end of the year).

We’re looking at this with hindsight though. At the time Seven set the season length for both shows, they didn’t know that:

• a) The Voice was going to perform as well as it has; and

• b) There was going to be another significant outbreak that would hamper/prevent other shows they had planned to air after the Olympics (such as AGT)

3 Likes

Put Simpsons on main channel and not shitty Holey Moley US.

1 Like