The Voice

Thats why The Voice hasn’t produced many stars worlwide IMO. The auditions last ages and then they rush through the rest of the show, giving no chance for the public to form a connection with any of the contestants.

2 Likes

If Seven knew The Voice was going to be such a hit, they probably would have expanded The Cut to at least two episodes to lengthen the run of the series.

And in the end… lucky they did!

4 Likes

So weird that there are only 4 eps left after tonight.

2 Likes

On the road to the Finals

Dreams come true for talented Top 20

Tonight, after the final Blind Auditions took to The Voice stage, 20 incredible artists moved one step closer to the Finals of the world’s biggest singing competition.

Megastar coaches Rita Ora, Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy selected their Top Five artists, leading to elation, tears and disbelief as artists realised their life’s dream was within reach.

Awe-struck by the epic line-up of talented women on Team Rita – Halimah Kyrgios, Tanya George, Sian Fuller, G-Nat!on and Sofia Watt ­– Rita said: “I have an all-girls team which was never the plan, I just had to go with my gut. I am so excited to take them all to the next level.”

Confident he has the winning artist on Team Keith – Lozz Benson, Arlo Smith, Jediael, Lau Abend and Cassie McIvor ­– the all-star coach declared: “I’m really, really thrilled I’ve got five incredible singers. All unique, all equally strong. I have the winner of The Voice on my team, don’t tell the others.”

The artists who “insanely inspired” Guy to take them to The Voice Finals were Adrian Hood, Chantel Cofie, Jordan Fuller, Penelope Pettigrew and Bella Taylor-Smith. Guy said: “I just can’t wait to create some more magical moments with them. Every one of my artists is so unique and incredible in their own way.”

Evile Jireh Sisifo-Laloata, Mick Harrington, Ella Monnery, Janaki Easwar and Seann Miley Moore secured a spot on Team Jess. Their coach beamed: “I’m so proud of my fearless Top Five, I’ve got big diva moments, tender heartfelt soul and the youngest artist in the competition. I am so excited to take them through… to show Australia what they’re made of.”

Sunday night on The Voice , the Finals are here; as the best of the best step back on stage, their life-changing dream could be just one song away. Plus, superstar coach Rita Ora takes to the stage to perform her hit Bang Bang .

Sounds like Seven Publicity didn’t like that Guy spilt the beans and this is an attempt at a backtrack.

3 Likes

TEAM RITA

Halimah Kyrgios, 31, ATC Respect (Aretha Franklin)

Rita: “I saw a little fire and I want the rest of Australia to see it.”

Halimah: [emotional] “I am just so excited having more moments of coming out of that shell, just to work with her [Rita]… what an opportunity.”

G-Nat!on, Taylah (17), Isla (16), Mateja (15), Rylee (16), Alessia (16) and Emma (18), SA Juice (Lizzo)

Rita: “Their harmonies are on point, they’re in sync on stage, they’re giving me attitude, they’re giving me sass.”

Sofia Watt, 15, WA Dancing on My Own (Robyn)

Sofia: “The feeling is indescribable; I am over the moon.”

Sian Fuller, 16, NSW Dancing on My Own (Robyn)

Rita: “You sang from the heart and that is the sign of a true performer.”

Sian: “Being in Rita’s Top Five is incredible. It feels like a dream. I’m so grateful for this opportunity and I can’t wait to see where it takes me.”

Tanya George, 27, VIC Freestyle looping performance

Tanya: “I’m so overwhelmed now because I did not expect this.”

TEAM KEITH

Jediael, 18, QLD Video Games (Lana Del Ray)

Keith: “Jediael has bought out colours in that song in her vocal range that I’ve never heard before.”

Arlo Sim, 18, NSW Video Games (Lana Del Ray)

Keith: “Arlo’s voice is just sensational, he’s such a storyteller.”

Arlo: “I’m completely lost for words, I’m so grateful I don’t even know what to say.”

Lau Abend, 21, NSW Somebody I used to Know (Gotye)

Keith: “Lau has a way of conveying that emotion when she sings, no matter what she sings.”

Lozz Benson, 30, NSW Nothing breaks like a heart (Miley Cyrus and Mark Ronson)

Lozz: “What just happened is bigger than being on the show, having someone like Keith see a little bit of potential is very validating.”

Cassie McIvor, 33, VIC Wrecking Ball (Miley Cyrus)

Keith: “I would love to have you on my team, welcome to the Top Five”

TEAM GUY

Bella Taylor-Smith, 23, NSW Time after Time (Cyndi Lauper)

Guy: “I don’t think I’ve heard better singing ever on this show.”

Bella: “I can’t really contain it. I feel like I’m jumping out of my skin with happiness and excitement.”

Adrian Hood, 39, VIC Say You Won’t Let Go (James Arthur)

Adrian: “It’s like I was above myself, floating and watching, just an awesome feeling.”

Chantel Cofie, 23, NSW Say You Won’t Let Go (James Arthur)

Guy: [on Adrian and Chantel] “I genuinely think you are both artists that are just ready to go and should be heard.”

Jordan Fuller, 19, NSW This City (Sam Fisher)

Jordan: “I am so unbelievably happy to be in the top five in team Guy. I’m so excited.” Guy: “You absolutely deserve it.”

Penelope Pettigrew, 32, NSW Into the Unknown (Idina Menzel)

Penelope: “I can’t believe that I’m in Guy’s Top Five… I’m feeling amazing.”

TEAM JESS

Mick Harrington, 32, VIC Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)

Jess: “Michael has brought something so different to this song, he’s made it into the most haunting ballad.”

Mick: “I’m a bit overwhelmed to be honest. Just to be able to do this for the people I love, you don’t understand how thankful I am.”

Seann Miley Moore, 30, NSW Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)

Jess : [On Seann and Mick] I felt like I was watching an artist when I was watching both of them.”

Janaki Easwar, 12, VIC Ain’t Nobody (Chaka Chan)

Jess: “Janaki is 12 and she is singing like that! I wasn’t expecting her to be so fearless.”

Ella Monnery, 24, VIC One Night Only (Dreamgirls)

Ella: “Last year I was here, now I’ve been given another chance by Jess and I’m going to prove to her that I deserve to be here.”

Evile Jireh Sisifo-Laloata, 20, NSW Shallow (Lady Gaga)

Evile: “It inspires me to up my game because this is it.”

I didn’t mind the concept of the cut, but maybe they could of had 1 steal per coach. Also the last episode felt rushed and we didn’t even get to hear everyone sing with the voice over just telling us. It was poorly edited.

1 Like

According to advanced guides, contestants from Team Guy and Team Keith will perform first on Sunday’s Knockout, followed by Team Rita and Team Jess on Monday’s second Knockout. Both episodes run for at least two hours.

EDIT: how the knockouts work

I here there 4 episodes left
20 contestants left so 5 leave each night!!!

Looks like it will be faster than that!

Sunday - team Guy & team Keith will be cut to 2 per team
Monday - team Jess & team Rita will be cut to 2 per team

Sunday - I’m assuming that each team will be cut to 1 per team

Monday - Grand Final with winner (since probably 4 different pre-recorded endings)

2 Likes

Wow if you wanted to get exposure what’s the point? They would definitely feel cheated with how long the channel 9 series was drawn out.

2 Likes

I caught up with Tuesday’s episode this afternoon. The first problem with it was that The Cut was so rushed because they had to show the final three performances from the blind auditions. Those three performances should have been shown in previous episodes, making The Cut as a standalone episode.

The second problem with The Cut was that it had too much editing and voiceover by Sonia so we couldn’t hear every contestant performing in their respective group.

Seven asked for The Cut to replace the Battles to save money but IMO it was NOT the way to speed up the competition.

4 Likes

I feel that we need to see more of the singers after the blinds since people are getting cut very quickly.

I was thinking something like this might work better

Maybe 6 episodes of blinds —> 2 cut (7 artists) —> 2 episodes knockouts (7 to 5) —> 4 episodes finals (5 —>3 & 3—> 1) —> Grand Final

Which is 15 episodes. 2 more than this season but gets to see some of the artists more.

Or something similar to this where there are more of seeing the people sing more

Currently we will only see the winner sing around 4 times (5 including the cut)

Much better.

Also allows Seven to be able get more out of The Voice and be able to fill any gaping holes in their schedules.

Honestly it’s a joke how short this season is. I don’t know what they were thinking.

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of two reasons:

• Seven wanting to cut costs by shortening the run of the season
  • Seven worried the show won’t rate well so playing it safe by ordering less episodes

Given the show has become an instant hit on Seven, I think when it’s obviously renewed for next year it will go back to the old episode count on Nine. We might even see it in Quarter 1 up against MAFS.

But MAFS has been pushed back too

I’ve got a bigger problem with the way the show is formatted. The Blinds are the most exciting part but honestly speaking there’s been too many of them. This has resulted in:

1. Not enough time to do the other parts which means that they are rushed.
  2. Brutally ‘cutting’ most of the singers who they got through.

They could’ve done it short, sharp and shiny and still be able to spread the format out a bit. There should’ve been only 6 blind auditions, then 2 cuts (they could even make them appear like extensions of the auditions), 4 knockouts, 2 semi finals and 1 grand final which equates to around 15 episodes. Maintains the quick format whilst also allowing the best to be exposed to the audience for a longer period of time, and allows Seven to have a few more episodes in the year without higher costs.

1 Like