The Voice

Makes sense. I do miss the live shows but not really feasible in these Covid times

1 Like

The four grand finalists appeared on Sunrise today.

1 Like

nine

Of course they are. We have seen each of them sing for 4 times (after the Grand Final). That isn’t the way to get to know the talent.

1 Like

I think it may be 5 times in total if im not mistaken. One song from the blind audition, one from the cut, one from the Semis and 2 in the Final (one on their own, one with the judges i believe). But i agree - thats still not enough. The auditions seem to take a bulk of the show, and then its rushed to get to know the contestants.

Although i have been enjoying this season more than previous seasons, there’s still something missing. I want more singing. I dont want to watch their back stories or seeing them getting coached for every contestant.

4 Likes

Tell us something we don’t know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

We’ll probably next hear from the winner of The Voice at Carols in the Domain 2021 (if by some miracle that event still goes ahead) and/or as the backing track for a Channel Seven in 2022 promo. Then we’ll never hear from him/her again! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

We know that from the preview, Guy and Bella performed The Prayer.

1 Like

Dear Seven, I really doubt that a final recorded many months ago can amount to being “the most spectacular night of television in decades”. I also have my doubts that it’ll also be “a night that will be remembered for years to come”

(Yes, both quotes are real and taken directly from the promo for tonight’s final)

5 Likes

LOL!

Those two quotes are the type of thing you’d expect to hear in promos for something absolutely massive like the Opening & Closing Ceremonies of the ​Sydney 2000 Olympics, not the 10th season finale of The Voice which I highly doubt will be remembered by large swathes of the population this time next year let alone in decades from now…

God, is Guy Sebastian going to win again? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

What do you mean again? Guys contestants have never won The Voice and yes its obvious Bella will win.

1 Like

His brother won last year remember the scandal?

Oh who was his coach?

Kelly won last year.

He technically won cause it was family

Hah you think? And what’s your problem with Guy winning if he does anyway?

I thought they were singing thier respective “winners singles” tonight…?

The winner did.

Was a really good night of performances tonight. A great show. Only overshadowed by the pre-recording of the whole thing.

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s the only way to film at the moment. Hopefully in a living with covid world we can have live shows again

3 Likes

Bella is The Voice

Australia chooses Bella Taylor Smith as winner of The Voice 2021

Australia has made its decision: Bella Taylor Smith has been crowned The Voice 2021.

Along with the illustrious title, the incredible singing teacher takes home $100,000 prize money and a recording contract with EMI Recorded Music Australia.

After receiving the life-changing news from host Sonia Kruger, an emotional Bella said: “I really can’t believe it. I’m so thankful. I can’t wait to see what incredible things are ahead for me. I’m really grateful for you [coach Guy], for everyone who voted and for my beautiful family who I love.”

Coach Guy Sebastian was moved by his protégé’s achievement. “I’m so proud. There are so many deserving people up there, but you are special Bella, go out there and kill it, I know you will.”

Still in awe of her dream come true, the 23-year-old Sydney-sider took to the stage to perform her new single Higher (stream/download here).

From the moment she stepped on stage for her first Blind Audition, Bella’s breathtaking voice captured the hearts of the nation, along with all-star coaches Rita Ora, Keith Urban, Guy Sebastian and Jessica Mauboy.

Tonight, she wowed with her show-stopping final solo performance of Never Enough from The Greatest Showman .

Keith said: “If you’re not a believer at this point you’ve got to check your pulse. That was amazing.”

Rita was captivated and “felt like she was floating” calling the performance “unbelievable.”

Bella was joined by Guy on stage for an incredible duet of The Prayer by Andrea Bocelli, as the superstar coach surprised Bella, inviting her to join him on tour as his support act.

Bella said: “Guy’s been so lovely and genuine this whole process and I’m really grateful he’s been my mentor. I feel very lucky to be able to sing with him.”

Fellow Grand Finalists Arlo Sim, Mick Harrington and G-Nat!on stunned, with amazing performances across the series, as The Voice soared on its new home of Channel 7 and 7plus, becoming the #1 regular series of 2021.

https://twitter.com/TheVoiceAU/status/1437007951865135109?s=20