The Royal Family

At the same time, the monarchy to many symbolises destruction and erosion of their cultural status and meaning.

Fingers crossed the republican movement whirrs into life now. Let’s get on with it.

1 Like

I don’t disagree but I just think the timing is wrong and throwing shade at the Queen is disrespectful and doesn’t do their causes any good.

1 Like

So with Prince William next in line for the throne, and his first child Prince George is next, and he was only born in 2013.

So unless George dies suddenly at some point, it means none of us will ever see a Queen on the throne again (which probably wont happen until at least late this century).

2 Likes

I definetly disagree that Australia should ditch the Commonwealth and become a republic.

Definetly hated Adam Andst disgusting comments and dis respect of the Queen. Goes to show there are more leftist idiots than right ideological idiots coming out of the woodwork. Any comment made disrespecting the loss of the Queen should be met with condemnatio.

The longest serving queen in my lifetime and her lonfegivity will be remembered but some of these people that are disparaging her at a time of mourning of her passing just shows that they are just stiring the point for political gain. Looking at you Adam Bandt and every other politician. I thought Albos sppech was disgusting to be honest he seemed fake and took pleasure in her demise.

3 Likes

Royals don’t always have to die to hand on the crown, they can also abdicate the crown. So if Prince George decided to abdicate the thrown for whatever reason, then the crown would then go to Princess Charlotte.

1 Like

So another 20 years with Charles potentially assuming he lives into his 90’s.

William will be 60 by then.

So will people turning 100 get a message from the King now?

1 Like

Yes. Obviously. Why wouldn’t he keep doing that?

3 Likes

Australia can become a republic and remain in the Commonwealth

2 Likes

This is what will happen. It’s the first time a generation has seen this sort of event in their lifetimes.

1 Like

Public holiday declared for National Day of Mourning to be held Thursday September 22nd.

This means Victoria will have a four day weekend, as the following day - Friday September 23rd is the Grand Final Eve public holiday.

In WA, it will be an unofficial five day long weekend, due to the Monarch’s birthday long weekend holiday on Monday September 26th.

Such a strange choice of day for the holiday. It should have been the day of or after the funeral in the UK.

4 Likes

Not strange at all. Protocol states that memorial services cannot take place until after the funeral. The service won’t be held until the PM and GG return from London so that is why it is being held on Thursday 22nd September.

This is a really poor outcome - especially if it transpires that its on Thursday to avoid the AFL GF eve holiday in Victoria.

Expect the employer groups to start bleating this afternoon

1 Like

Just this year or a new PH now for every year?

One off public holiday.

2 Likes

Damn

A once off-Public Holiday.

I was also going to suggest a public holiday on the day of the funeral (Next Monday), but i didn’t realise until reading here that protocol says that it should be held after it.

1 Like

I’m finding it quite fascinating learning about the Royal protocol. There are lots of things I didn’t know.

6 Likes

Same here, I’ve found out more about them and all that goes with in the last 3 days than i have in the last 30 years.

4 Likes

Are you just taking the piss?

No? She was the longest reigning monarch and much loved by most. I think it would be appropriate to mark that forever. Especially now that the Queens Birthday will be replaced with Kings Birthday. She shouldn’t just be forgotten.

1 Like