The Royal Family

This may be of some interest.

3 Likes
1 Like

Everyone already knows by now but I figured it should be posted here as a symbolic gesture.

1 Like

This morning I woke up and heard of the extremely shocking news that the Queen is dead. A very long 70-year reign.
May she Rest In Peace.

1 Like

The end of an era.

2 Likes

Indeed. And to think that only three months ago, we celebrated her Platinum Jubilee.

3 Likes

3 Likes

If Charles dies then what happens ?

William is king.

2 Likes

So do we ever have a Queen again? Was it a king before the 50’s ?

There have been some things mentioned on TV today that will change which I hadn’t thought of:

• Queens Counsels (eg. barristers) will become known as Kings Counsels (or KCs)
  • From next year, the King will replace the Queen on our bank notes and coins,
1 Like

Next queen will either be:

Prince George’s daughter (If he has one) but if not Charlotte, William’s daughter and George’s brother.

3 Likes

Yes, the last King William was King William IV in 1837, so I assume when King Charles III dies or abdicates the throne, Prince William will become known as King William V (5th)?

Yes unless he goes by his middle name which is his decision.

1 Like

So Queens Birthday still goes ahead in Qld from next month I assume but next year is it the Kings Birthday?

3 Likes

Queen’s Birthday will change to King’s Birthday, with King Charles able to choose a new date.

7 Likes

Just saw Abbie Chatfield’s Instagram stories. What a nasty person. Just after the Queen dies she decides it’s okay to speak very rudely about Charles, implies the Queen and King don’t do anything, then singles out people who don’t agree with her.

5 Likes

There’s a few ‘influencing’ (for want of a better word) B listers sprouting off similar rhetoric.

Speaks more about them than anything else.

2 Likes

Again, i have to ask. Why do people care what she thinks?

6 Likes

Yeah the crazies seem to think the Queen colonised everyone and everything and that she’s responsible for everything that happened in history.

Newsflash to them: Grow up and think before you speak.

5 Likes