HM Queen Elizabeth II (1926-2022) -- News Coverage

Indeed. ITV was back to regular programming on Saturday night while the BBC moved it to BBC Two.

1 Like

After Getaway, Nine played ACA then back to Sky News at this moment just after 3am:

2 Likes

2 Likes

7 Likes

That’s dial up for you.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Royal Family

Sunrise finished at 12pm with Sally Bowrey and Matt Doran taking over.

3 Likes

Do we think Usher & Cox are on their way to London? I’d expect them to host coverage of the Funeral with Kochie & Nat remaining on Sunrise for the morning of and morning after.

Possibly. Bit interesting that Sally and Matt are anchoring

1 Like

Given the late hour in the UK, the streets in London were empty when Sunrise finished.

Midday

6 Likes

Possibly since they got bumped off weekend Sunrise, they would usually work Sunday so they used them for this instead?

2 Likes

Nothing from Nine at 1pm…

Guides said 1PM with Georgie and Tom

1 Like

9 has given up.

3 Likes

I’d say they could be doing 6pm tonight as Fergo has done 7 days straight. Might be wrong though.

Last few days coverage has shown how strong the presenting and senior reporting ranks are from Nine. Unrivalled.

6 Likes

Nine is on right now with Georgie and Tom.
NSW, QLD, VIC got NRL yet again.

They’ve missed some big moments.

Harry & Megan + William & Kate reuniting as well as the proclamation ceremony in Canberra.

Channel 7 have done really well. The story still has a lot to go with a week before the funeral (which will be one of the biggest events in history) but at this stage, 7 have outdone 9.

I’d expect 7 will take ITV coverage of the funeral. For past Royal events, 7 have done this while 9 does their own commentary. I remember the Wedding in 2011, 7 went with ITV commentary and Channel 9 went with their own commentary which wasn’t great…

13 Likes

Is it?

Unrivalled only by 7 whose presenters, reporters and choice of commentators have been outstanding.

7 Likes

Good

1 Like