The Latest

Being advertised via scroller and ads for Tasmania too so I’d assume we’re getting it as well. I wonder if this sort of stuff would have been happening back when Southern Cross had more control.

2 Likes

2 Likes

That means NT could get the bulletin as well as it relays Seven Melbourne’s signal.

2 Likes

Central South is also getting it.

More than likely!

1 Like

7 Likes

Would love this at 9.30pm every night.

6 Likes

Musher acknowledged the wrong spelling of Morwell before the second cross tonight.

10 Likes

I feel like Seven should trial The Latest at 9.30 for 2 weeks in 2 markets - maybe Melbourne & Perth - then run the numbers against the averaged 9.30-10.30 slot for the last 12 months.

3 Likes

How can they? MKR runs to 9pm to 9.15pm or later every night. There are no normal timeslots any more.

1 Like

Well at 9 / 9.16 - whatever just earlier. 2 weeks. 2 markets. to compare against entertainment programming at the same time

1 Like
4 Likes

Interesting. Hopefully the new EP will keep The Latest true to its roots going forward. :slight_smile:

And it seems that Sean has less of a role with The Latest, going by the below tweet. Maybe this leaves open the potential that he’ll get a chance to influence the rest of the 7News branding at some point?? This’d get my vote :smiley:

7 Likes

Put him as the Director of News instead of McPherson. He would do a 10x better job than what McPherson has dished up.

6 Likes

Behind the scenes of The Latest https://twitter.com/michaelusher/status/1106141230654590976?s=21

4 Likes

It will be airing tonight at 9:45pm to cover the events in Christchurch

2 Likes

6pm Sydney gfx seen on The Latest:

3 Likes

That’s a repeated interview from Sydney’s 6PM news, and was introduced as such.

5 Likes

The Australian had an article about the show in today’s media section. Something which it revealed was that Craig McPherson (Seven’s Director of News and Current Affairs) starting thinking about potentially launching a late night bulletin after the network did a few special bulletins surrounding the Thai cave rescue last year. How Michael Usher came to host ‘The Latest’ was that he was ‘enthusiastic’ about the idea and agreed to work with McPherson to launch it.

9 Likes

Tuesday 02 April

The Latest at the earlier time of 10pm on Federal budget night.

7 Likes

The Latest only ran for 18 minutes in Syd last night but it was scheduled as normal for 30 minutes.