The Circle (UK)

Really started to hate Sammie over the last few episodes. Its gonna be massive when he is revealed.

1 Like

I am the opposite I have really enjoy the character he has become and is playing the game super well. Its a competition. If someone was going to give me 100k I would play hard as well. You don’t/won’t win playing safe.

1 Like

Great final. I would have been happy with any of the finalists winning. I’m glad they didn’t stretch it out with pointless recaps and lengthy interviews, I think they got the balance right.

I look forward to next season (& binging season 1)!

2 Likes

What a fantastic series. And great finale. I agree it was getting a bit slow last week but this week was just so compelling. Can’t wait for series 3 and the international versions on Netflix.

1 Like

Great finale, best bit was Emma’s BB slip of the tongue.

Even if the format doesn’t come to Australia, Seven could take some elements and apply them to BB. I think the studio-style live shows worked well.

2 Likes

#GreatFinal, #ComeFromBehindWinner

1 Like

Surprised by the final result, but what an awesome final show and season!

Gotta watch season 1 now !

2 Likes

I can accept that result. It’s not the one i wanted, but its better than Sammie wins.

Also, THAT is how you do a finale. No drawn out trips down memory lane. Nice and Simple (7 take note for BB!)

2 Likes

Glad to see this is getting some love out of the UK. I only saw a couple of episodes last year but committed to it this year and thought it was excellent. Have now started on season 1 in full and it is noteable how the production values were definately ramped up for the second series, but a few eps in you get used to it.

The changes made for the rankings was a sensible one to ensure fairness - ranking players 1-7 rather than giving each player 1-5 stars meant tactically scoring everyone low isn’t a possibility. The live show is the other big change - having just watched the season 1 premiere I think it’s a huge shame neither Maya or Alice returned to host season 2, and I do think Emma is rather overrated and weak when it comes to interviews. I think a spin-off show with the blocked players would have been a better option - even for the final I don’t think the interviews added much. You get so much more out of the players from the face to face meet ups than the studio interviews.

1 Like

Surely this will be picked up by an Aussie network soon?

1 Like

Really? I think she is fantastic in the role. I really rate her as a host.

3 Likes

I don’t think she’s poor by any means but I don’t think she’s as great as some TV execs clearly think so. I also think it was a mistake for The Circle to take someone so associated with Big Brother, especially when last year they had one of the hottest up and coming talents in Maya Jama fronting the show.

Yes, it’s possible Maya and Alice actually both quit due to the move to Salford and the need to commit to live Friday shows (both host Radio 1 shows on Fridays and Saturdays), but still not convinced Emma was much more than a safe pair of hands.

Lol the mistake she made by saying house instead of apartment was a good fun moment. Really enjoyed her as host.

Started season 1 today, noticeable difference in casting and the changes made for season 2 are very apparent and were needed IMO.

3 Likes

Agree - I didn’t really watch it last year so like quite a few am now watching season 1 and the step up in production values is very clear.

The US version, filmed in the UK, debuts on Netflix on the 1st January. It’ll be available in the UK, but not sure about Aus. If it isn’t that could be a sign someone else has bought the rights for a local version.

It will be on Netflix Aus as you can already save it as an upcoming show and be notified when it launches.

4 Likes

Very excited about this!

2 Likes

It is coming to AUS, apparently we get the first 4 episodes dropped on Jan 1

3 Likes

Netflix has made episode 1 of their version of the circle available on You Tube

The US season is fantastic!

4 episodes have been released so far but I’m watching one each night to spread it out and give me something to watch.

There will definitely be an Aussie season. This being on Netflix will go viral.

It’s great television

#GoShoobie

1 Like