The Circle (UK)

Agree. So far I like everyone except for Joey.

1 Like

They don’r seem to be wanting to ask many questions about each other’s backgrounds - different to UK version. It will be harder to ID a catfish if this continues.

I haven’t started yet but will watch some of it on the weekend.

Enjoying it but no where near as good as the UK version. Not enough age diversity. UK version had some older people the US version are all 20’s and 30’s.

1 Like

I agree. I’m enjoying it, but the cast aren’t as good as the UK version.

1 Like

The narrator is not as good as the UK version

2 Likes

I think that’s the correct way to play the game.

The game is not “find the catfish”. The game is Don’t Get Blocked - be on the Influencers good side so they don’t evict you, and don’t be a low ranking player (in case there’s a “Lowest Player is Blocked” twist).

Sure joining a “Catfish hunt” can help you socially (there was an alliance in S2 where the players bonded over sussing out other players), but it can equally hurt you as a catfish could target someone asking pointed questions.

2 Likes

But “find the catfish” is a good strategy. If other players stories seem suspect, then they are more likely to be blocked than real players.

1 Like

That is a fair point if the entire group is very suspicious of a person being a catfish. They’ll get blocked (like that Catfish that made a very big error during the cake challenge on the second season)

But if suspicious are only starting to form against, you could build a alliance with a suspected catfish - help change the course of public opinion on the catfish to keep them onside and against anyone who’s suspicious.

Honestly, it’s fun having this discussion on the complex nature of the game. I appreciate having it.

1 Like

I find it a big contrast to the UK version where after 4 episodes, most contestants had at least a rough idea of the back story behind each character. Work, children, etc. If that’s the case in the Netflix version, I haven’t seen any evidence of it.

I didn’t realise they used the same apartment to film the US version. A great idea if they did do an Australian version - they could film it in the same apartments in the UK.

1 Like

The way they TRY to hide this fact in the US version is kinda funny.

Surely this is the perfect time to commission this show in Australia? It is literally a show that puts people in isolation.

3 Likes

I guess the only issue is finding an apartment at the moment. I would have suggested using the UK location as it’s already so well set up. But that would be an issue with the travel restrictions.

2 Likes

Seven should definitely have a look at it (even though they have BB), in case the Olympics don’t go ahead.

1 Like

I actually think 10 should be looking at this more so. Survivor probably won’t go ahead, the amazing race shouldn’t go ahead even in Australia and the masked singer is surely going to be considered to not go ahead.

Did wonder if the UK should attempt to get it on air based in peoples homes rather than the actual appartments.

1 Like

The apartments would be better for isolation. I just dont think much will be produced at the moment.

1 Like

Netflix producing The Circle in other countries suggests they have the worldwide right to the show

Channel 4 has renewed The Circle for a third season, and ordered a celebrity version as well.

2 Likes