The Block

Someone has made a spotify playlist with all the music used in the show

2 Likes

RACV members have a chance to win one of 10 double VIP tours of the Elsternwick houses with Greville Pabst, one of the buyer advocates, on Friday evening October 6. Enter at the RACV competitions website before September 29.

I usually don’t go to reality show social media accounts but wow. The Block’s push for non stop drama really brings out the toxicity of the audience.

1 Like

The houses will be open for inspection on Sunday October 15 from 10am to 2pm.

The five houses have been listed for auction on October 28. (link below may contain spoilers)

The last two years have been a bit shorter (46-47 episodes) but they always used to go much longer (as long as 68 episodes in seasons 5 and 7).

It looks like this year will be around 52 episodes which is quite reasonable IMO. Last year they spent 9 weeks renovating their apartments whereas this year they are doing 11 because the houses are huge compared to what they usually tackle.

They’ve still got studio/garage week and then challenge week and then inspections/auction order week to get through before the finale. Takes us neatly to the 29th.

2 Likes

Any chance of another all stars season?

Hopefully not. The overload of The Block turned people off over those years that they had 2 seasons.
As we have seen, this season is one of their biggest in a long time.

2 Likes

I didn’t mean a second season I just wondered whether they would consider an all star season instead of a regular one.

1 Like

With Family Food Fight scheduled to premiere on Monday October 30 at 7.30pm, it is almost certain this season of The Block will finish on October 29 with the auction finale.

Its been a very long season.

This is the first season I have watched in full since 2014.
Its been long but it’s just been so damn good.

4 Likes

Massive queues at the block this morning. Can’t wait to see the houses!

2 Likes

Saw a glimpse of the houses during Gogglebox this week. All five were all originally single storey weatherboard homes but are now unrecognisable with second storey and new facade added.

1 Like

Final confirmed for 7pm Sunday 29 October.

2 Likes

Wonder how big it’ll be!

Ninja averaged a lot more, but saw minimal increase for finale / final stage.

Whereas Block averages a lot less, but like most reality finales with a winner sees a massive increase, especially for winner.

I’d put it on par with last year / this yeat’s Ninja finale.

Perhaps the jump in Block’s ratings this season, means there’ll be less spike on finale night?

THE BLOCK GRAND FINALE

Sunday 29 October at 7.00pm

Australia’s favourite renovation series, The Block, will conclude when the five heritage homes saved from demolition and given a new lease on life in Elsternwick, Victoria, go under the hammer on Sunday, October 29, at 7.00pm on Nine.

Over the last twelve weeks contestants have designed, built and styled five magnificent family homes which include four bedrooms, two lavish living spaces, generous backyards, three-car garages plus self-contained studio apartments.

It all comes down to the auction finale with the potential to earn millions when the bidding begins and the contestants’ fate is left in the hands of the buying public.

Each couple will keep any profit their house sells for over its reserve price at auction. The couple whose property sells for the most above reserve will be declared the winners of The Block and pocket an extra $100,000.

The Block 2017 contestants are:

HOUSE 1: Jason (46) and Sarah (45), married for 18 years, from Melbourne, VIC
HOUSE 2: Hannah (31) and Clint (33), married for five years, from Townsville, QLD
HOUSE 3: Ronnie (41) and Georgia (33), married for six years, from Perth, WA
HOUSE 4: Sticks (31) and Wombat (38), best mates for 15 years, from South Coast, NSW
HOUSE 5: Josh (28) and Elyse (25), dating for four years, from Melbourne, VIC

Since premiering on Channel Nine in 2003 and over 12 successful series, The Block has distributed an astronomical cash total of $17,575,501.01 in prizemoney to contestants.

I read that The Block houses are " sold in a closed auction this Saturday". What does that mean for how the Sunday final is produced?

It’s always been done the day before?

1 Like

Should be no excuse for running overtime then.

1 Like