The Block

Elise said on the radio it eas live. I am assuming that was bullshit.

72% clearance rate in Melb yesterday, 66% in Elsternwick.

If it gets passed in do they still get anything?

Dave Hughes bought Josh and Elise’s house. That’s a very interesting development. Clearly he had a spare 3 million lying around.

Thanks to the Hit Network? Haha

2 Likes

Good publicity for his upcoming shows on radio and television, I suppose. :wink:

Ronnie and Georgia got jammed… couldn’t have happened to a nice couple of tools than them. So unlikable.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I think I could say that about all the couples this year. Have liked a few of them at different points but other times they just shit me so much I don’t want them to win. Tonight it was the way Sticks carried on with the auction order and when he did the same a couple of times earlier in the series… would just give it all to Wombat for his burrow.

1 Like

First look at the new season of The Block at the Gatwick Hotel included in Nine’s 2018 promo.
https://twitter.com/Channel9/status/924554250537009152

RESULTS

1st Elyse and Josh, with $447,000 profit + $100,000
2nd Jason and Sarah, with $387,000.
3rd Ronnie and Georgia, with $161,000.
4th Sticks and Wombat, with $130,000.
5th Clint and Hannah, with $95,000.
Disappointing for the “Biggest Season Ever”

3 Likes

Saw a few comments on Twitter with people thinking that would be the new home of Dave Hughes and his family. But no, Hughesy says the house will be used as investment.

Buyer advocates bought the other four houses: Nicole Jacobs bought the houses renovated by Sticks and Wombat, Georgia and Ronnie and Sarah and Jason. Frank Valentic bought Hannah and Clint’s house.

I never understood how people would pay $3mil plus for a house, renovated by amateurs, on a block with 4 other houses?!?

As much as I love The Block and enjoyed this series, that always baffles me.

3 Likes

Not at all surprised. They should stick to $2m apartments in future, much easier to sell 4-6 of those in one line than these big, overly expensive houses.

But it has been a great season overall. Hopefully Gatwick delivers the goods again next year.

Idiotic investment given how cheaply he could have secured one of the other houses. Might be the best house on The Block but it will have the worse rental yield (by a considerable margin).

1 Like

Hughesy also used a buyers advocate in Greville Pabst.
The buyers advocates don’t actually buy the properties, they just bid and do the paperwork on behalf of the actual buyers. They are common for higher priced properties given their experience and ability to keep a cool head during auctions, but are also used by bidders of The Block properties to protect the identity of the bidders.

YOUNG GUNS TAKE OUT TOP PRIZE IN DRAMA-FILLED NIGHT OF AUCTIONS

The most competitive and hard-fought series in The Block’s history came to a stunning conclusion in tonight’s auctions as carpenter Josh Barker and his model girlfriend Elyse Knowles scored the winning margin.

The win was sealed as the hammer came down at $3,067,000. The price was $447,000 over their reserve price and enough to secure them an additional $100,000 in prizemoney, allowing the twenty-something duo to pay off their mortgage and continue their passion for renovating family homes.

The secret bidder for their home, who only registered one hour before proceedings commenced, was one of Australia’s favourite comedians, Dave Hughes. Interestingly, Hughes and his chequebook were also present at The Block 2016 auctions but he failed to make a bid as prices soared.

In a shock twist, Josh and Elyse’s main competitors in the show, Ronnie and Georgia, brought even more drama to the finale when their auction stalled at $2.6 million and host Scott Cam had to intervene. He instructed their agents to pass the property in and the subsequent negotiations saw their house sell for $2,781,000, earning the professional renovators $161,000 over reserve and third place for the night.

Ahead of them in second place were Melbourne battlers Jason and Sarah. The oldest couple on the show took home a life-changing profit of $387,000 as their house sold for $3,007,000.

Season 13 of the The Block proved lucky for all five couples who walk away winners despite going up against a record-breaking number of auctions in Melbourne.

Fan favourites and best mates from NSW, Sticks and Wombat, claimed fourth place when their house went under the hammer for $2,650,000. They walk away with a profit of $130,000.

In the final auction of the night the reno rookies from Townsville, Clint and Hannah, earned themselves $95,000 over reserve when their house sold for $2,615,000.

The juggernaut ratings for The Block in 2017 proves once again that Australia cannot get enough of the renovation reality series. Host Scott Cam along with Shelley Craft and the gang will be back to challenge a fresh batch of Blockheads when the program returns for its 14th series at The Gatwick in Melbourne in 2018.

Tonight’s results confirm The Block as Australia’s richest reality show, taking total prizemoney across 13 seasons to a whopping $18,895,501.

the Eco Friendly Sky High is not looking to good nowadays

2 Likes

Yeah I saw it from Kings Way a couple of weeks back and thought the gardens looked pretty dead.

THE BLOCK’S RONNIE AND GEORGIA SIGN WITH NINE

Nine today announced an exclusive collaboration with Ronnie and Georgia, the dynamic go-getters from The Block 2017.

The Perth-based couple, who won $161,000 when their house sold for $2.781 million at The Block auction on Sunday night, will appear and contribute to content for all of Nine’s platforms both broadcast and digital including 9Honey.

As part of this collaboration, the professional duo will provide advice, tips and inspiration across home improvement, renovation and lifestyle.

“Ronnie and Georgia were not only seasoned renovators before they joined our 2017 series but one of the most entertaining and creative couples ever to undertake The Block challenge. We know our audience will love their insights into the world of the latest makeover, styling and building trends,” Adrian Swift, Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development, said.

Ronnie and Georgia said: “We live and breathe renovation, so we couldn’t be more excited to continue sharing our passion with Australia by staying with the Nine family.”

2 Likes

Congrats to them!
Would love to see Sticks and Wombat have their own show

Ronnie and georigia were vile. Unlikeable. Nine probably signed them up because they felt sorry for them when they didn’t win that much money

3 Likes

Cannot belive this has happened. They were not just the ‘villians’ of the series - they were actually terrible people.

2 Likes