The Block

Too many bogans there and not enough “glam” couples. I predict this season will flop.

Herald Sun tonight has a short article on Victorian team Elyse Knowles (who hopes to show her “bogan” side) and Josh Barker.

So he didn’t really give a stuff about the last 12 seasons. :joy:

5 Likes

Oh gee I picked it without knowing anything about this season. They’re not half obvious with their casting. Hate Channel 9 and their “Aussie batler” shtick.

1 Like

I guess they want to emulate House Rules…stupid strategy.

Herald Sun reports the producers have lodged plans for the overhaul of Gatwick Hotel (2018 season) with the Port Phillip City Council, and are now awaiting approval. About 60 residents of the notorious property on Fitzroy Street have been relocated to alternative accommodation with a handful more believed to be waiting for new housing arrangements.

Former residents had visited Gatwick Hotel one last time before it closes its doors and ownership change hands to Nine in the next few weeks.

###THE BLOCK 2017

Returns Sunday 30 July at 7.00pm

Five couples and five heritage homes come together in a massive new season that promises to see the biggest renovation in its history when The Block returns to Nine on Sunday, July 30, at 7.00pm.

The stakes have never been higher to renovate the best house. Contestants will hit the ground running, and must deliver their first room in just 48 hours. The winner of that challenge will get first choice of which house they’d like to renovate for the rest of the competition.

But as well as revitalising these charming homes, the contestants must build new features on these suburban blocks that are a massive 470 square metres. Each home will be getting a brand new extension, including an open plan living and a spacious upstairs master suite.

In the backyard there will be ample room to create a generous outdoor entertaining space, and to top it all off each property will be enhanced with a three-car garage and a self-contained studio apartment.

The five eager new couples transforming these old family homes are:

• Josh (28) and Elyse (24), dating for four years, from Melbourne, VIC
• Hannah (31) and Clint (33), married for five years, from Townsville, QLD
• Sticks (31) and Wombat (38), best mates for fifteen years, from South Coast, NSW
• Ronnie (41) and Georgia (33), married for six years, from Perth, WA
• Jason (46) and Sarah (45), married for eighteen years, from Melbourne, VIC

Scott Cam will be joined by co-host Shelley Craft, along with judges Neale Whitaker, Shaynna Blaze and Darren Palmer, “The Blockinator”, foreman Keith Schleiger, and his right-hand man, Dan Reilly.

1 Like

Great programming move by Nine, exploiting Seven’s decision to delay Little Big Shots’ premiere and Ten’s indecision on the start date for Australian Survivor. Combined with Thursday night NRL, Nine should dominate ratings from Monday to Thursday nights for the whole of August.

The Block was always going to start on this night given the 3-week run for the Ninjas and Ten not announcing the premiere of Survivor doesn’t make them indecisive, just secretive.

4 Likes

Nine has lodged plans for the redevelopment of the Gatwick Hotel with the Port Phillip Council, Fairfax reports. Documents show a company owned by the network, Micjoy, paid $10 million for the rooming house, $5 million less than believed. The proposed development involves the conversion of the hotel into a building with eight apartments; two-bedrooms on the ground level and three-bedrooms for the remaining homes. There is also a plan for the existing roof to be partly demolished and a fourth floor built to include pergolas above outdoor terraces.
The planning application documents can be found at the council website (search under 34 Fitzroy Street, St Kilda).

https://twitter.com/HughesyAndKate/status/890466048213827584

The Block returns with a record number of commercial partners

Nine today announced a record number of client partners for the next season of its smash-hit reality show, The Block.
The new season of The Block premieres on Nine this Sunday when five teams of renovators go head-to-head to modernise five massive family homes rescued from demolition and transported to Elsternwick in south-east Melbourne.

http://www.nineentertainmentco.com.au/2017/07/27/09/06/the-block-commerical-partners

Lee Elliott, who won Georgia Love’s heart on The Bachelorette last year, worked as a plumber during this season of The Block.

THE BLOCK UNLOCKED WITH BEN & ANDY

NINE’S BRAND NEW PODCAST

PREMIERES SUNDAY 6 AUGUST AT 8.30PM AFTER THE BLOCK

To coincide with the start of the new series of The Block, Nine will premiere The Block Unlocked, a weekly podcast offering the lowdown on all things Block.

The Block Unlocked will be available to download immediately after The Block at 8.30pm this Sunday, August 6, and continue every Sunday night.

Hosted by ex-Blockheads Ben Toyne and Andy Sunderland, The Block Unlocked will feature exclusive chats with the judges, expert advice, interviews with contestants, plus all the gossip from each week’s episodes and what happens behind the scenes.

“We’re super-stoked to be a part of the latest season of The Block – they couldn’t get rid of us, but rather than being back on your screens we’re doing a podcast and talking to some very special guests. We can’t wait to share it with you all,” said The Block Unlocked co-hosts, Ben and Andy.

In episode one, Scott Cam lifts the lid on the new season of The Block and the latest batch of Blockheads, plus Domain National Managing Editor Alice Stolz has the inside scoop on the property market secrets of the new Block location - Elsternwick.

In addition, Shelley Craft will be catching up with 2016 Block winners Will and Karlie, to find out what they are up to now.

The Block Unlocked series will consist of 12 x 25-minute episodes.

went to subscribe to this only to find it pushes you to itunes to do so. i don’t use an iphone (and as a matter of fact i son’t even have ios)

i ended up subscribing in itunes and than grabbing the rss url and feeding that into doggcatcher on my android phone. they didn’t make it easy though

Signup process was very complicated, I’ll pass

The show preview column above the listings in the Daily Telegraph’s Switched On lift out gives away the winner of this week’s room reveal. Oops.

At least someone is publishing it. I missed Sunday and Monday’s episodes and I just wanted to see the scoreboard for the bathrooms. Nothing anywhere on the official site that I could find.

Auditions are now open for the next season.