The Block

And she is Irish! Good to see some females in the industry.

Yay, can’t wait for the contestants to have an ‘unscheduled’ stop at McCafe every episode

1 Like

I didn’t watch Block (well I never do - ugh) but I had a look at the twitter hashtag for the show and there is a non-insignificant amount of negative reactions aimed at the vulnerable ex-residents being moved on to make room for a “greedy TV show”

I wonder if this bad press will negatively effect viewership?

I don’t watch much of the show either (Scott Cam being a big turn off), but I’d say that Nine would think of any publicity as good publicity. As much as I wish that it will affect the viewership, the show will probably (sadly) rate its arse off now.

1 Like

Saw the first 30 mins or so, thought it a bit crass focusing on the former residents’ possessions that had been left behind.

Interesting piece in today’s Age:

Are you saying that’s the reason why she can’t spell “Safety”? :wink:

2 Likes

Haha i didn’t even notice.

Interestingly they fixed it for the repeat today.

With a dab of Mitre 10 paint no doubt.

1 Like

Due to this story?

2 Likes

First one tonight. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Something for them to fix for tomorrow’s repeat -

3 Likes

Did they hire someone illiterate this year to do the titles and subtitles?

LOL at Keith’s comments about vertical gardens tonight. (the Block Sky High)

4 Likes

Yet again someone on Spotify delivers with a playlist of the music featured in this years season

And Rosie from Triple M’s Hot Breakfast (who is also a St Kilda local) is running a blog for the season

https://www.stkildablockwatch.com/

3 Likes

That’s cool. Thanks for sharing

Interestingly ‘The Block HQ’ isn’t located in the Palais Theatre like it has been made out to be this season. In tonight’s episode, some behind the scenes footage of a couple ‘walking off The Block’ was aired, which clearly showed the real location being 180 Buckhurst St in South Melbourne.

3 Likes

Sara and Hayden talk about their dramatic walkout on The Block in TV Week out on Monday.

Wow the traditional tantrum and walk off came pretty early this season. Wonder what ‘Block-firsts’ they’ve got up their sleeve to carry the season out.

1 Like

Hope they don’t come back.

To be honest I’ve been pretty underwhelmed by all of the rooms so far. I liked the tree in the bathroom in week 1 and the girl’s bathroom tonight but other than that it’s been a very bland and boring season design-wise. Last week’s guest bedrooms all featured plain white walls with navy blue bedheads, yawn.

2 Likes