The Block

This season’s auction will take place on Saturday October 27, which points to the season finale next night.

The five properties are now listed on Domain website.
Apartment 1: Kerrie and Spence (Hocking Stuart), expected price range $2,500,000 to $2,700,000
Apartment 2: Courtney and Hans (Wilson), expected price range $2,200,000 to $2,400,000
Apartment 3: Hayden and Sara (McGrath Real Estate), expected price range $2,500,000 to $2,700,000
Apartment 4: Jess and Norm (Hocking Stuart), expected price range $2,550,000 to $2,750,000
Apartment 5: Bianca and Carla (The Agency), expected price range $2,500,000 to $2,700,000

Gosh the Block can be just a huge catalogue. This show has gotten worse and worse for its product placement.

This probably being a good example - what other construction site would have a McCafe and a Suncorp ATM?!

Side note: Not a regular viewer of the show but went through a manual recording (something I quite often do, to catch On-Air Presentation elements of interest) and couldn’t let this go by without a post! :wink:

3 Likes

Yep and the scene with Kenneth, Mitre 10 and Scott Cam. Another obvious plug. I don’t know who he is but I am assuming he owns some sort of business in that area. There is product placement every 30 seconds on that show. It must be the most cost effective show for nine, the amount of money they must be making would be ridiculous.

1 Like

I stopped watching The Block after the first few seasons because I hated the product placement and only started watching again a couple of years ago.

The product placement in this series is out of control. Even the hoodies and t-shirts they wear are branded and stickers of all sizes are being put all around the building to give the sponsors some exposure. You can’t enter a room without seeing some sort of product placement.

Also Foreman Keith isn’t coming off too well in this series. I’ve noticed he’s been more aggressive over the last couple of series but this year he’s looking like a bully. I know it’s all done for ratings but it doesn’t look good.

1 Like

I’ve said it before…Shelley Craft gives me the shits! What does she know about renovating?! She is so loud and opinionated!

1 Like

Yeah, if she knew stuff about renos she’d be Shelley Renovate.

5 Likes

Totally agree. It is really bugging me. All I can really think about is why on earth are they using those stupid disposable coffee cups from McCafe. How bad is that for the environment.

Not really sure what to say about this, especially for the terrifying image of Scott Cam as Mr Moneybags…

1 Like

The prize is the sixth apartment in the Gatwick complex which were renovated with the other five to be auctioned. Competition closes on December 29 this year so you have plenty of time to enter.

Here is the board game details: https://www.gamesmen.com.au/monopoly-the-block-board-game

WIN A MULTI-MILLION-DOLLAR BLOCK APARTMENT

THE BIGGEST PRIZE IN AUSTRALIAN TELEVISION HISTORY

The Block, Australia’s favourite reality show has joined forces with Imagination Gaming and Winning Moves International Limited, an authorised licensee of Hasbro to offer the biggest prize ever seen in Australian TV history.

A new, limited edition of the world’s favourite family game, MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition, will unlock the chance for some lucky person to win one of the newly renovated, multi-million- dollar Block Gatwick apartments.

MONOPOLY has a long history of bringing families together to enjoy hours of fun, and now Australian families can bring their love of The Block to this very special edition, with The Block host and fan favorite Scott Cam inspired by Mr. MONOPOLY, the character known all over the world.

“It’s the best prize I have ever heard of,” Cam said. “The Blockheads have done a fantastic renovation on the iconic Gatwick, and to think someone will have the chance to win a multi-million-dollar apartment just by buying MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition is incredible.”

To be in the draw to own a piece of Block history fans need to buy MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition.
Every game contains a unique numbered Golden Ticket which, once registered, puts fans in the draw to win.

The competition is open until December 29, 2018, making MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition not only a must-have for Blockaholics across the country, but also the ultimate Christmas present.

Block fans will love MONOPOLY – The Block Special Edition, with its customised Block-themed tokens, Community and Chance cards. All 14 seasons of The Block properties are featured on the board game – with Dux House in Albert Park taking the sought-after famous Mayfair tile. Just make sure the foreman doesn’t fine you for building defects or let noise complaints set you back. With a roll of the dice and a trip to pass GO, owning a slice of The Block real estate has never been easier.

“Bringing The Block and Monopoly together to create the biggest prize in Australian TV history is a first that we think our audience will love. This is the kind of brand integration that takes The Block beyond the screen and provides new ways for fans to be involved with the show. We’re thankful to our partners at Imagination Gaming for bringing this to life” said Alison Hurbert-Burns, Nine’s Director of Commercial Development.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Its a bit like how ten used to say Family Feud was Australia’s favourite game show. They all do it.

The Block is clearly not the highest rating reality show but I just remembered it did win the Logie for “Most Popular Reality Program”.

(Family Feud was pretty much the only ‘game’ show on TV at the time - Ten could claim that Hot Seat etc were ‘quiz’ shows.)

2 Likes

During Wednesday’s media event to launch The Block edition of Monopoly, Nine’s Head of Content Production and Development Adrian Swift revealed some impressive online stats for this season (according to TV Tonight):

• 100 million minutes of content streamed
  • 2.6m stream starts on 9Now
  • 7 million visits to The Block website
  • 500,000 page views in 24 hours for Hayden and Sara’s master ensuite reveal
  • 21% increase Facebook
  • 58% increase Instagram
2 Likes

Holy crap, this Alexa product placement is insane.

4 Likes

And if it wasn’t bad enough then, there’s still an overload of it in every apartment. Really starting to annoy me now. My Siri and Google Home also agree.

2 Likes

I saw a copy of this in Big W.

they want $90 for it! regular monopoly is $29, the russian world cup version was $49. It’s horrendously overpriced

8 Likes

That shocked me too. I’m still probably going to buy one though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They gotta pay for that apartment somehow.