TV Week

Cover of TV Week Close Up launch issue featuring Jessica Marais:

It’s a classier looking magazine than TV Week. Similar style to Who Weekly, In Style or Hello. Some stories run for many pages and they have some brilliant photos.

Some of the stories and photos have already appeared in TV Week though but have been expanded here and more photos included.

It looks like it’s pitched at buyers of women’s mags rather than television fans. It has a very similar vibe to the now defunct TV Week Soap Extra mag from a few years ago. They often had expanded TV Week stories too.

2 Likes

A very stark and dramaric looking cover this week featuring a close up of Pamela Rabe as The Freak from Wentworth.

Different layout with the photo dominating most of the cover and a big headline “Dead or Alive?” and “Inside the biggest reveal in Australian drama history”.

The other shows featured are in a strip, down the bottom. It has bold colours and lighting and really stands out on the stand. Good to see them trying something new.

ETA: Here it is.

3 Likes

Pretty shitty and disrespectful to fans of Wentworth for TV Week to run a front cover spoiler like that. I suspected Ferguson would re-appear but this all but confirms it. Why would they have such a dramatic cover shot if she wasn’t alive?

The magazine is full of spoilers every week though since it provides upcoming storylines. You’re right though. If it is "the biggest reveal in Australian drama history”, then they just ruined it. What was so good about Bea Smith being killed off was that it was completely kept under wraps until it aired and blindsided everyone. Could have waited a week to run that cover.

2 Likes

I have no idea who these people are but at least it’s not a Home And Away cover… but there is a 10-page Home And Away fan guide :roll_eyes:

1 Like

How many times can they have an “ultimate” fan guide for that show? I’m sure they had one just a few months ago?

You could use TV Week to make a fan. Here’s the ultimate guide.

1 Like

Ohmygoodness it’s a 3-parter!!??! :persevere:

https://twitter.com/ThomasWoodgate/status/1033920531827908613?s=19

shudder

You can overdose on Home and Away this week. It dominates the front and back of the magazine.

They have Part 2 of that Ultimate Fan Guide at the back and they have 4 actors for the cover story. The cover is actually two photos from two other recent cover shoots.

Seems like they are recycling again.

3 Likes

Here is this week’s cover and those two other similar recent covers.

This week:

Ten weeks ago:

Two weeks ago:

3 Likes
3 Likes

The photos of who it seems are called Ziggy and Brody have been reversed in one of the shots. His widow’s peak is slightly to the left of his nose in one photo and slightly to the right in the other. Her part similarly changes sides. I didn’t think that magazines did that these days. Publishing a mirror image with declaring it is a manipulated image is deception.

I think if it’s just flipping the image to reverse it, it’s not exactly what I’d call manipulation because the image is essentially the same. It’s when they actually change the image by artificially changing features then it’s a manipulation.

2 Likes

Can’t believe they launched a supplementary mag in the current climate.
I’ll be shocked if it lasts more than 12 months.

Good to see TV Week supporting a new show for a change with a cover story for “Playing For Keeps”, over five pages, plus a one page review of the first episode. The three main actresses are featured on the cover: Madeleine West, Olympia Valance and Isabella Giovinazzo.

4 Likes

Grant Denyer is on the front cover of the second issue of Close Up.

This issue has either sold out or nearly sold out in a Woolies and newsagents I walked past in the city today. It’s only Tuesday. TV Week should take note.

1 Like