The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

Anyone notice that Young Sheldon has a 1 hour slot but 1 episode scheduled in almost all online guides?
It shows as episode 18. I do know that Sydney Brisbane are showing episode 17 and 18, however, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth have aired episode 17, so I am not sure what they are screening. Could be 18 and a repeat to stay in line or 18 and 19

So nobody able to find out what two episodes of Young Sheldon will be airing in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth this week?

As seen below, TBBT is now on Netflix in Australia. It has also been added in several other countries, a number of which have the entire series, including the series finale, which airs here this Wednesday. The show has been available on Netflix in the UK since February 2016.

1 Like

Wouldn’t it have been a drawcard for 10 All Access and have made CBS more money ? Sort of surprised it didn’t go to 10 All Access. Instead they add stuff that has aired on Ch 10 ?

I notice 9Now only has 4 episodes on catchup of Big Bang so the show isn’t on there long term, wonder how long before Seasons 11 and 12 are added.

It’s got to do with the distributor of the show, rather than the network it aired on.

Warner Bros has the distribution rights to this show, which is how it’s ended up on Netflix which would be following a big deal made for other territories.

2 Likes

There has been a change in tonight’s schedule, with just one new episode of Young Sheldon (episode 18) shown in all states. That means Sydney and Brisbane are skipping episode 17.

Are you sure? Updated EPG says Young Sheldon aired from 8:31 to 9:24 which would have been 2 episodes

Could the 9pm one not have been a repeat though?

That is what I am wanting to know. Syd / Bris supposed to show ep 17 and 18.
Ep 17 had been screened in other states. I just wanted to know if it was 18 and repeat in other markets or they went ahead and screened 18 and 19

Melbourne got episodes 18 and 19.
Episode 17 aired back on Easter Monday.

I took the info from On TV Tonight online guide.

Thank you. That is all I wanted to know. So Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth will remain 1 episode ahead of the network.

Cheers for that

1 Like

According to their advanced schedule for the week commencing 18th August, 9Go! will air an episode of Young Sheldon that has not yet aired on terrestrial TV in NSW, ACT, QLD & NT at 7:30pm next Tuesday 20th August. While it has already aired in VIC, TAS, SA & WA, and is available to stream on 9Now, it will be considered to be a premiere episode in the northern states.

Given the ratings performance of the show of late, in which the 2nd season finale managed only 419k overnight viewers (after adjustment) in the 5-cities on a 7:30pm timeslot, what’s the bet that the upcoming 3rd & 4th seasons of Young Sheldon will be relegated to 9Go?

3 Likes

TBBT on 9Go! has also disappeared from the ratings. Viewer saturation/overwhelmed? Even Seinfeld on 10 Peach is rating!

This time last year TBBT re-runs were doing 200k+ metro on 9Go!

Well that’s no surprise considering the show has finished.

2 Likes

Another factor could be that it’s now available on Netflix here in Australia, at least up to the end of Season 10.

2 Likes

It is not uncommon for the ratings for repeats of programs to drop substantially once the premiere run has finished. Might be a few years before any further interest returns.

I think this is likely the factor.
I myself used to watch the TBBT reruns on 9Go! Every now and again, and don’t anymore now that it’s available ad free on Netflix

HBO Max has secured US streaming rights to TBBT, when it launches in 2020.

It is set to remain on Netflix in most other countries, including UK, Australia & NZ.

Here’s this article from the UK, which is somewhat relevant to Australia too.

2 Likes

According to its advanced schedule for the week commencing 24th November, Nine will premiere the 3rd season of Young Sheldon next Tuesday (26th November) at 7:30pm with double new episodes. They were aired in the US back on 26th September & 3rd October respectively.

Source: Nine Network - Programs and Schedules thread

1 Like