The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

This is in the US.

The entire series of The Big Bang Theory is also on HBO Max, which launched in the US this week.

Meanwhile in Australia, it’s not known when (or even if) Nine will resume airing Season 3 of Young Sheldon, which concluded in the US late last month. The last new ep Nine aired was S03E07, which was way back in January. 9Go! doesn’t even air repeats of Seasons 1 & 2 anymore.

Big Bang was on Presto to stream then nowhere to stream then Netflix but not the final season yet, now going back to Binge (Foxtel) again?

Young Sheldon never available to stream, can’t it go to Stan for Seasons 1-2?

The Big Bang Theory Seasons 1-11 will become available on Binge from Wednesday 1st July, whilst Season 1 of Young Sheldon will become available from Monday 20th July.
Seasons 1-11 is already available on Netflix & there’s no mention anywhere (including the app itself) that it will be removed from the Australian service around that date, meaning that it would be available on both services until Netflix’s rights expire.

——

As mentioned on the following said thread, from Monday 6th July, 9Go! will cut back on the number of TBBT episodes to just 2 eps a week from Season 12 at 7:30-8:30pm Wednesdays, with the 7pm Mondays-Thursdays slot being replaced by a 3rd ep of Malcolm In The Middle. This leads to speculation that Nine has lost the FTA rights To Seasons 1-11, with 12 set to follow soon.

Young Sheldon Season 1 premieres Sunday 19 July 2020 on Fox8 at 6:30pm.

4 Likes

Called it.

4 Likes

Wish they’d pick up Young Sheldon, Nine doesn’t seem interested in airing it .

You had the exclusive?

10 Peach will air three episodes of TBBT each weeknight, from 8pm to 9.30pm, from Monday September 14.

Season 12 (the final season) of TBBT will finally become available on Netflix Australia from Friday 16th October, meaning that the entire series will soon be available to stream for the first time. I would assume that it will also become available on Binge that same day.

Source: https://twitter.com/netflixanz/status/1308889125945331716?s=21

4 Likes

Amazing. I was going to post in here where you could watch the final season after finishing season 11 recently.

I thought Nine had rights for longer.

Streaming rights are different to broadcast rights. You really need to like tattoo that to yourself.

3 Likes

Yes I know but it seems it doesn’t show up on Netflix until a certain amount of time since it aired on FTA.

I don’t know where on here it was posted someone said Nine had a deal where they had rights for 2 years for Season 12. But hey it’s here earlier, not complaining.

But that’s every streaming show though that comes from network television.

You very clearly still don’t understand how this works and I’m not sure how else to explain it to you.

1 Like

That was me. Season 12 first premiered on Nine on 16th October 2018, so Netflix Australia gets the SVOD rights exactly 2 years to the day.

I remember when Season 11 became available on Netflix Australia on 17th October last year, which was exactly 2 years to the day when Nine first premiered the season.

With that in mind, that date would also mean that the FTA rights to S12 would be transferred from Nine to 10 (where Seasons 1-11 is already there). For instance, when Seven picked up the repeat rights to Seasons 1-7 in 2015, they didn’t get Season 8 until October 2016, which was when Nine’s 2-year exclusivity to the season had expired.

4 Likes

I wonder if Young Sheldon would be better off on 9GO! .Forgot how it rates last time . If it still gets over 500k then probably best still on the main channel.

There’s another new show Bob Hearts Abishola not sure if that’s heading to Ten though.

The first 7 eps of Season 3 of Young Sheldon that aired in Late 2019/Early 2020 didn’t get close to that figure.

Here’s how they rated (overnight ratings):

S03E01 (26/11/19, 7:30pm): 454,000
S03E02 (26/11/19, 8:00pm): 392,000
S03E03 (3/12/19, 7:30pm): 413,000
S03E04 (3/12/19, 8:00pm): 404,000
S03E05 (10/12/19, 7:30pm): 377,000
S03E06 (17/12/19, 7:30pm): 393,000
S03E07 (14/1/20, 7:30pm): 353,000

With figures like that in the timeslot it aired, it’s not really main channel material any more. In fact, I’m a bit surprised that Nine haven’t moved the new eps to 9Go! already.

However, at the same time, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine onsells the first-run rights to Foxtel.

I think it would most likely go straight to Foxtel.

2 Likes

What’s up with 9 not airing the last 14 episodes of Young Sheldon season 3? They could at least put them up on 9Now if they are not interested in airing them or onsell them to someone else who is interested.

2 Likes

Wonder if we will see Ten pick the show up for 10 Peach . Unless 9 decides to air it in December ? non ratings .

1 Like