The Big Bang Theory / Young Sheldon

Bad Mothers and Travel Guides could have been aired any time of the year as they are Nine’s own products, New Amsterdam was a gamble that paid off for a while. They could have aired Big Bang on any of those days and had it reasonably fast tracked and then caught up with the US airtime easily. While it may not rate as well as it did, it would have more potential being the lead up to the finale.

What about Tuesday running a new episode instead of a repeat and 2 episodes last night instead of The Castle repeat.

When Nine was airing Young Sheldon on Thursday nights at 7:30pm in February & early March before the NRL season began, they could’ve shown a new ep of TBBT afterwards instead of a repeat ep of YS. It could’ve gotten better ratings than a repeat ep of YS would, and we would not have been as far behind as we are now.

Still, it’s not as bad as it was in 2017, when Nine keeps stopping & starting the show throughout the year, to the point where the DVD got released before the last few eps of that season (with a big cliffhanger) had even aired here!

1 Like

And they wonder why people still illegally pirate shows like this

1 Like

T_T

1 Like

In the US, the last ever episode of The Big Bang Theory enjoyed a 18-49 rating of 3.2 and was watched by 18.52 million viewers, the show’s largest audience since September 2015. The season finale of Young Sheldon which followed, had a 18-49 rating of 2.1 and total audience of 13.6 million. The TBBT documentary A Big Bang Farewell had a 1.7 rating and audience of 11.61 million.

Also, Ten was airing The Late Show with Stephen Colbert that featured the cast of TBBT at around 12:35am (1:35am on WIN) this morning.

I watched the final eps last night via other means (as I have done over the last 5 years) & it was quite a good send-off to a long-running sitcom. The 2nd season finale of Young Sheldon was also good too, especially at the end. :slight_smile:

It’s worth noting that TVNZ 2 in NZ was showing the final eps last night, just hours after it aired in the US.

3 Likes

I watched it legally on a YouTube this morning (and in good quality may I add).
Fantastic finale. I was a bit nervous about it after the 2.5 Men debacle 4 years ago. But the show got the send off it deserved, and one that will be remembered for some time.
The ending of Young Sheldon was just fantastic!!

:open_mouth: It’s ended too. :wink:

1 Like

Wonder when Nine will air the last 6 episodes of Young Sheldon Season 2 ?

Probably when The Voice starts the final live shows, which by my calculations, won’t be until the end of June, which is the earliest time the 7:30 timeslot on a Monday and/or Tuesday is freed up.

1 Like

The cast of Young Sheldon will be guests at the Logie Awards on Sunday 30th June.

Looks like Nine will show the last two episodes of the series on Wednesday, July 3.

The 2-ep series finale will air next Wednesday at 7:30pm, followed by the return of Young Sheldon at 8:30pm. The Pilot ep of TBBT will be replayed after The Voice next Tuesday.

They should add all seasons to 9Now.

I think Stan should be the one to add all seasons of TBBT, as that would become available on a SVOD service here in Australia. However, I think the upcoming launch of WarnerMedia’s streaming service, to be launched next year, would be the most likely place for it.

Looking at the online TV guides, the series finale of TBBT will be repeated at 10pm Wednesday on Nine right after “Unravelling the Mystery - A Big Bang Farewell”. It will also be repeated at 7:30pm & 11:10pm the following night (Thursday) on 9Go!

I keep forgetting that the show is on, especially when it’s after a very long episode of The Voice. Does anyone know if they’re repeating any of the final series on FTA before the finale?

The final 2 eps before the finale (Ep 21 & 22, the latter which aired this Tuesday) will air from 7:30pm tonight on 9Go!

Thank you!

I also forgot about 5 Bedrooms last night too so it’s very frustrating.