Ten News First Content and Appearance

They focused quite heavily on it during Midday today too, good to see it getting the attention it deserves.

2 Likes

Agree though I guess it gives them a work-around for odd length reality programs etc.

Air it consistently at 9:30 on 10play and a 15-30 minute delay on broadcast, while not ideal, may be tolerable.

5 Likes
5 Likes

It’s good when it’s not catering for two cities.

That’s planted in there to stop reports that “10 is cutting its news.”

6 Likes

10 just aired a Sports Update with Matt Burke. Never seen this before. New?

4 Likes

Was it standing or sitting?

1 Like

I only briefly saw the beginning but I believe he was standing at the vertical screens on the left.

2 Likes

11 Likes

Looks good !

1 Like

Glad to see this! This was something I suggested back in 2018, under the guise of Sports Tonight!

5 Likes

Of note though, they didn’t air a national news update from Perth. Just the sports update.
Should alternate between these every half hour, include a local weather update too.

6 Likes

Video

5 Likes

Random music? Definitely isn’t the theme.

1 Like

10 used to use this style of music for their Sports Tonight updates way back when.

3 Likes

Do you think we might see some sort of reboot of Sports Tonight within the late news?

Probably just needed a bed

5 Likes

Nice longshot on Midday today

5 Likes

I wish they’d make those light strips white, I think it would look quite fresh with the darker backdrops they use for Midday. Would also look much better for breaking news.

9 Likes

The blue light strips definitely suit a darker late news vibe than a daytime bulletin.

8 Likes

Tonight’s sport update

6 Likes