Ten News First Content and Appearance

Sandra did a report on 25 years since the Thredbo landslide tonight - included lots of footage from the archives.

4 Likes

I wonder how many of the archives were 10’s :wink:

8 Likes

6 Likes

Heavy 10News First advertising on 3AW in the lead up to 5pm. Almost every break, using the old theme song through……

I’ll post a video shortly

1 Like

Was mentioned here a few months ago. Shame they’re still using the old theme

1 Like

Just on 10NF Breakfast… the set is dreadfully dark for a morning news bulletin. I think it looks terrific as a 5pm news set but it needs some vibrancy for a morning news look. Possibly a lighter blue for the light strips, or even a mix of blue and white. A big part of the problem is the dark corner screens behind the sports position, but the light bars could definitely be utilised better.

3 Likes

I agree. The set is brilliant, but it needs some morning news warmth. The same kind of warmth they gave to the opener. Some yellow would work wonders

8 Likes

10 News Breakfast had its highest ranking so far. Once again with all the caveats; while still getting low numbers, I thought it would be of interest to the forum. The audience was about 20% higher than previously reported with Brisbane and then Melbourne the top two markets. As seen on a previous occasion when the bulletin numbers were up, it saw the early portion of Studio 10 well up on its normal numbers and higher than the rest of that program. I wonder how closely 10 are analysing these results. I was surprised given the Games coverage over on Seven.

13 Likes

Angela Bishop presented the vale for Olivia Newton-John on the breakfast news. No doubt she will present the package for the 5pm news as well.

6 Likes

There was also a double guest interview on set today (different topic):

11 Likes

If anyone has access:

Ha the Australian loves a good beat up. What kind of ratings were they expecting?

World record? :joy: yeah that’s comparable considering other countries use different ratings measurement systems… :roll_eyes:

Idiots

5 Likes

Let me guess… they reported on one bad day without looking at the overall average numbers throughout the week?

Newscorp must me getting nervous as it’s now taking on Sky News Morning Agenda :joy:.

1 Like

Wonder what Sky News Morning Agendas ratings are :joy:

6 Likes

10 News First Breakfast must be closing in… :joy:

4 Likes

10 News breakfast ratings contained in Seven media release. Interesting they are taking the show into account. No mention of News Breakfast.

It’s a shame its rating as badly as it is (although expected). It’s a decent production. Watched the majority of it this morning.

1 Like

Could it be that News Breakfast broadcasts into more markets nationally and its number is higher than Sunrise’s or very close?

News Breakfast, not being commercial is not considered competition.

1 Like