Ten News First Content and Appearance

So ridiculous.

The angles they have been using recently just seem OTT.
They should go back to the angles they first used when the set launched in 2019. It looked amazing back then.

Everything was status quo until the end of the Sydney’s news.

There was a major technical meltdown towards the end of the Sydney bulletin last night that wasn’t rectified in time for Brissy. The servers, the ENPS, the autocue… you name it. Nightmare stuff. One of those bad gremlin nights that every network has had.

I think the fact a title card and a traffic report were the only main give aways is a credit to our control & studio teams who were up against it to ensure it didn’t go to black.

And re ratings… let’s not jump the gun on assumptions. The ratings last night were higher than the corresponding Thursday last year in Brissy. (77k last night vs 65k on January 9 - 67k on January 2)
Just some context.

28 Likes

It certainly was what it was, and I think the fact that no one noticed here until I pointed it out proves that it wasn’t a massive issue - especially since falling over to Sydney’s news would ALWAYS have been the back up plan, better than black to air.

1 Like

It was a big news night though- US riot, storms and the announcement of the first COVID community transmission case in +100 days. Actually, off the top of my head, I’d say last night would be in the top 5 highest results (if not the highest) since the centralisation.

Ratings are down though since the change.

To date, the weekly average is 68k. It was 75k Mon-Thur in week 2 in 2020.

Just because we didn’t post about it here, doesn’t mean it didn’t go unnoticed.

Heck even Bill McDonald noticed and posted about it on Facebook last night after it happened.

Not a big drama though, shit happens.

4 Likes

Bit a big issues in the bigger context but in reality they should just present from Brisbane if they were a real network. They’re rubbish at this stage.

2 Likes

Interesting analysis. Thanks mate appreciate the insight :+1:

5 Likes

So the biggest winner out of the changes at Ten News is Perth. I’m guessing this is all down to Narelda?

2 Likes

All markets and all networks up except Adelaide and Brisbane which have easily had the worse options given to them, not a shock. They shouldn’t have axed the presenters, they should’ve moved the bulletin to where more eyes would be on it, and grow the news division.

7 Likes

Different

Subtle

1 Like

Semi-transparent is so 2020…

1 Like

Technical gremlins, I assume? Looks awfully bland.

1 Like

Brisbane

4 Likes

News report tonight re Norway deaths following vaccine administration included:

“public confidence may need a shot in the arm”.

I was waiting for a pun along these lines when reporting on the vaccines but I thought this report was a bit too serious for it to be appropriate. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

A few fancy angles (like they use in Sydney) on the national news tonight.

2 Likes

From sydney?

1 Like

Inauguration countdown:

15 Likes

Some new look social media graphics from 10. I don’t mind them over the last style, they look a little more refined except the lower third super text might be a little small.

Instagram Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKP_eW9stmE/?igshid=aiuu6r61h8v8

Twitter Video

Breaking News (on 10 Sport account)

YouTube Thumbnail style updated too.

1 Like