Ten News First Content and Appearance

The current desk in the Melbourne studio is higher so it’s aligned with the screens. If they put that desk in they will be sitting lower so it will look a bit funny.

I don’t think it will fit to be honest.

Speaking of Melbourne - funny black bar across the screen for about 15 minutes.

UPDATE: Happening again

Is this new?

4 Likes

Not new but I haven’t seen it used for quite a while

2 Likes

Must be a Sydney thing. Not used for Brisbane tonight.

1 Like

Oh I didn’t mean put it in with the current set. That would be a massive clash of styles. :flushed:

2 Likes

10 NEWS FIRST BULLETINS - 04/01/2020

Sydney

Melbourne

Queensland

Adelaide

Perth

3 Likes

Does anyone know where I can watch Sunday’s (03/01/2021) 10 News bulletin please?

Is it not on 10 Play?

No. They only started re-uploading bulletins yesterday after weeks of not doing it.

Sounds like someone does it manually, and that person must have been on a Summer break. Surely someone else could have done it, unless it is a time-consuming process?

Seems they’ve stopped uploading them under the respective states dedicated page on 10play too, and now they’re all just uploaded under the main national news page.

https://10play.com.au/news/national

It’s like how they can’t be bothered uploading the whole episode of Entertainment Tonight on 10play. They just upload whatever snippet is screened in the afternoon. Yesterday’s episode was 8 minutes long. :roll_eyes:

You’d think they could at least show full episodes early in the morning like they used to and/or upload full episodes to 10play. What a waste of content.

3 Likes

It would be perfect for Peach IMO not sure why they can’t slot it in there for 30 minutes. A better fit than Ten and WIN.

3 Likes

Yes. That would be a good alternative. At least viewers would have a way to watch it.

1 Like

Link cut out to Eammon.

7 Likes

If they don’t use the lounge set, then why is it there? To fill space?

2 Likes

Its used by Studio 10 but it appears to be built into the set space it has been used in the past on news.

2 Likes

I agree. They don’t need to show the longe set within the news. The presenter gets lost in that shot. Way over the top.

5 Likes

I like that we see the lounge set and the wide shots showing the whole studio - its trademark 10 and has been for as long as they’ve been at Pyrmont. Would be incredibly boring if they used tight shots all the time and didn’t contextualise the space they operate in.

3 Likes

I think the issue is moreso that they don’t bother using it anymore for anything, likewise it looks a little empty.

Sounds silly but when it first launched they had some blue pillows on the couch and it just looked a little warmer.

It just seems to be better used here, a nice tight shot and good use of all of the screens.

Why couldn’t have Hugh done that piece with Daniel on the couch instead, too informal?

6 Likes