Ten News First Content and Appearance

Brisbane

4 Likes

News report tonight re Norway deaths following vaccine administration included:

“public confidence may need a shot in the arm”.

I was waiting for a pun along these lines when reporting on the vaccines but I thought this report was a bit too serious for it to be appropriate. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

A few fancy angles (like they use in Sydney) on the national news tonight.

2 Likes

From sydney?

1 Like

Inauguration countdown:

15 Likes

Some new look social media graphics from 10. I don’t mind them over the last style, they look a little more refined except the lower third super text might be a little small.

Instagram Image

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKP_eW9stmE/?igshid=aiuu6r61h8v8

Twitter Video

Breaking News (on 10 Sport account)

YouTube Thumbnail style updated too.

1 Like

Those social media graphics look so much better than their on air graphics

2 Likes

Disagree.

• The white subtitle font is too thin on the blue background, and is borderline illegible.
  • The blue box is about 1px out of alignment with the white.
  • I’ve never been a fan of the backgrounds of the text lines being uneven widths, it ends up being inconsistent and messy. Look at the way the right edge sits closer to the edge of frame than the left.
  • The 10 news first logo isn’t semitransparent, so it’s not really a watermark, and on a light/white image it won’t be seen. The breaking news red logo is also clashy.

I’d also argue that making an statement that like that is a bit silly, when you’re going off such simple graphics, which don’t move or do anything. You’ve also seen a total of 3 graphics.

I think the 10 News First package is still pretty strong, and hasn’t aged nearly as fast as their competitors.

5 Likes

Agreed :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

New social media graphics remind me a bit of The Project’s graphics… Not sure if that’s a good thing…
I note Sydney news is now doing some new opening angles that don’t feature the couch. They look good.

2 Likes

Agree with pretty everything you’ve said, still don’t mind the general style they’re going for here but it does need some refinement to be suitable for socials.

2 Likes

I reckon ever since Mike Larkan was dumped from Network 10, the weather report ends up getting cut off like halfway when WIN goes to their news. It’s just one of those problems with the 90 minute bulletins and it would be better to move 10 News First to 6:00 and cut the news back to an hour. The Project then gets moved to 7:00 and then at 8:00 a show like I’m A Celebrity. WIN News then is in the 5:30 time slot and that way people who’d watch Seven or Nine News like me can then watch WIN News.

It’s not Ten’s problem that WIN can’t opt out cleanly.

5 Likes

Will you give it a break? It’s not 10s fault that WIN cannot start the bulletin at the correct time against 10 News.

6 Likes

You still carrying on about this?

6 Likes

Never going to happen.

6 Likes

This is an awful strategy for literally a dozen reasons.

Well, less strategy and more idea. Actually it’s not a strategy at all.

7 Likes

It’s called a cliffhanger, the soaps do it all the time.

1 Like

Ah yes, they are going to adjust their bulletin to help some regional viewers…

2 Likes

This one in particular, because he comes on an internet forum and demands it.

4 Likes