Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Exactly. I think quite a few of the past series have had tie-ins with book releases and a range of crockery at Woolies. I’m sure it has a lot to do with Ten keeping his series on air even though the ratings have been mediocre.

So it’s not coincidental either that the debut of Jamie’s Ultimate Veg is on the same week as Meat Free Week?
BTW, his book went on sale a month ago.

I doubt it’s a coincidence.

1 Like

Annoying we have to wait about 3 weeks for NCIS to return (it Premieres today in the US). But I suppose its better than the months we used to have to wait.

Also have to take into account that shows like NCIS have breaks during the season. By starting about three weeks late, 10 should be able to air a new episode per week before the Christmas break.

1 Like

Fast tracking would be ideal and a consistent night would great, but I guess as @JohnsonTV mentions 10 have probably done this to account for the show being preempted in the states due to mid-season breaks and not airing repeats or other content between episodes.

Programs confirmed.
07:00 pm The Masked Singer E01 Rpt
08:10 pm The Masked Singer E02 Rpt
09:10 pm Ambulance Australia: Ultimate Emergencies Rpt

2 Likes

2 weeks time for

The Bachelorette Australia Premieres Wednesday, 9 October At 7.30pm.

2 Likes

That means four nights of Osher Gunsberg.
So what will happen to Jamie Oliver’s Ultimate Veg which debuts tonight? Moving to 8.30pm when Gogglebox finishes at the end of October?

If that is the case I really don’t understand why they didn’t just air it straight after the bachelor. Such a strange programming move by 10.

5 Likes

Maybe 7 have spooked them with Bride & Prejudice?

Or last nights ratings for Bondi Rescue?

Realistically, I think 10 are just following a similar schedule from last year. Last season, the show premiered on 10th October and wrapped up mid November.

I’d say The Bachelor wrapped up earlier than planned because their programming was brought forward when their Q1 schedule tanked, so they’ve had to schedule filler content for a few weeks.

1 Like

Yeah. Everything has started a couple of weeks earlier because Changing Rooms flopped.

Gold Logie 2020? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Only if Tom Gleeson says so…

2 Likes

Week commencing 6 October 2019

Sunday 6 October
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S26 E02 Guests: Renee Zellweger, Lenny Henry, Louis Theroux & Andrew Ridgeley
08:30 pm Instinct S2 E11 Series Final
09:30 pm NCIS Rpt
10:30 pm FBI Rpt

Monday 7 October
07:30 pm The Masked Singer S1 E05
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Contestants: Ed Kavalee, Melanie Bracewell, Lawrence Mooney, Kitty Flanagan & Sam Pang
09:30 pm Just For Laughs Starring: Rhys Nicholson, Lizzy Hoo, Harley Breen and Tommy Little.
10:00 pm Kinne Tonight Rpt

Tuesday 8 October
07:30 pm The Masked Singer S1 E06
08:30 pm BH90210 S1 E03
09:30 pm NCIS Rpt
10:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 9 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia Season 5 Premiere
09:15 pm Movie: Swinging Safari (2018) PREMIERE
11:15 pm Sports Tonight

Thursday 10 October
07:30 pm The Bachelorette Australia
08:40 pm Gogglebox Australia
09:40 pm Law & Order: SVU Rpt
10:40 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 11 October
Sydney, Melbourne
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Rugby World Cup: Australia V Georgia
11:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?

Brisbane
07:30 pm Rugby World Cup: Australia V Georgia
10:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?

Adelaide
07:30 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
08:00 pm Rugby World Cup: Australia V Georgia
11:00 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?

Perth
07:30 pm The Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm TBA
11:00 pm TBA
(RWC is at 5:30pm on 10Bold in Perth)

Saturday 12 October
Sydney, Melbourne
06:00 pm 10 News First
07:00 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
08:10 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
09:20 pm Movie: School of Rock
11:40 pm Elementary Rpt

Brisbane, Perth
05:00 pm 10 News First
06:00 pm Jamie’s Quick & Easy Food Rpt
07:00 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
08:10 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
09:20 pm Movie: School of Rock
11:40 pm Elementary Rpt

Adelaide
05:30 pm 10 News First
06:30 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
07:40 pm The Masked Singer Rpt TBC
08:50 pm Movie: School of Rock
11:10 pm Elementary Rpt

4 Likes

I don’t want to open a can of worms, however…

The TV Blackbox podcast reports that there have been whispers in the industry about a possible new breakfast show for 10 from Melbourne, possibly produced by the The Project crew - whether that means Roving Enterprise who knows.

@blackbox also reveals a chat with 10’s head of children’s programming in a future episode of McKnight Tonight where he mentions pitching an idea to the GM about a possible live children’s show returning to the main channel in the morning, they are likely looking to differentiate their morning schedule from the other networks and build more of an audience leading into Studio 10.

4 Likes

Would Ten have both shows though, a live children’s show followed by a live news show? It would seem rather expensive.

There are two very different things going on here. Drew Jervis, the head of children’s tv, has been throwing around the idea of pitching a live children’s morning tv show. Nothing has been approved and it’s all early days. We discuss it on the next episode of McKnight Tonight.

There is also a rumour going around about the breakfast show. I made it clear in the podcast I am not reporting it as fact but just that there had been whispers.

There is no way 10 would do both and they probably won’t do either.

6 Likes

Didn’t even realise industry doyan Cherrie Bottger had left 10 Brisbane (long time network head of children’s programming)