Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

How the F%#k did I miss this? Lol

I’m sure TEN/CBS will be reviewing these programs and their performance in the next 6 months. I believe this is and always has been a normal approach from TEN. Nothing out of the ordinary.

As much as I’d really like to believe that Ten/CBS has some of their lower rating programs + Beverly McGarvey & Paul Anderson under review, it’s embarrassing how Annette Sharp seemingly didn’t bother checking to see who actually has the rights to air Australian Open tennis next year!

Does it really matter? It’s irrelevant to the story anyway. Whether it is true or not, Ten do need a major shake up in all timeslots.

3 Likes

I’m sure behind the scenes CBS will be making long-term plans and whatever that is I’m not sure, but I doubt they are just taking Ten as some subsidiary of theirs and leaving them to their own devices?

And yes the biggest question mark is summer for Ten, with Seven to get large audiences over October to January with cricket and Nine to dominate the remaining weeks of January with tennis?

I wonder - and perhaps this is the wrong thread to do it in, but bugger it - if that is so guaranteed this season. Our form has been pretty ordinary post-the ball tampering saga, and I don’t know whether there’s much goodwill left in the sport, let alone interest. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Yeah I have to agree. Its figures were disppointing when the ashes weren’t on. And we all know if australia lose no one wants to watch. Big bash is the one that can provide the goods but it seems seven don’t have too many of those games anyway.

My point was kinda about Ten, but I’ll take that.

Bringing it back to Ten, I don’t think Summer will put them into 3rd (or lower) automatically by virtue of not having sport if they can program effectively. Let’s hope they at least try

2 Likes

The Annette Sharp story today was a total beat up and close to fake news. As if Ten’d trash Bachelor. What a ridiculous suggestion. The other two maybe but I couldn’t take the story seriously when its got a pic of Honey Badger saying one of the networks biggest hits is in danger of not returning. Absolute rot

She referred to the Bachelorette not the Bachelor

The graphic in her “fake news” story indicated both.

1 Like

MCN sales
Big Bash League Cricket
Live sport

I mean, “shows” is an interesting word to use.

5 Likes

Werent ten third even with sport?

Ridiculous infographic from a notoriously unreliable source.

What even is Emergency?

1 Like

It makes it out like live sport and big bash are out because of cbs. They lost the rights and don’t have any rights to live sport. So it isn’t necessarily by choice or forced by cbs.

It could also be a retaliatory article by news Corp. they use to run all these positive puff pieces about ten but now they attack to suit their agenda at the bitterness of losing out on the network.

It has been evident this year that ten are much better in the long run being owned by cbs. Not to mention the Australian media having an extra news outlet after the potential closing down of ten news.

4 Likes

UK’s Ambulance show, which apparently will be an Australian version of it. Talking about UK shows, it even mentions Sunday Night Takeaway in the article.

that is a stretch, implying Ten have ZERO rights to live sport. When we all know they have rights to limited live sport.

MCN Sales is such a boring show…

7 Likes

Woah! That graphic! Nuts.

And why didn’t Sharp lady have Have You Been Paying Attention as an “in”, one of the most consistent top after 8:30 shows, if not the top, got higher key demos than MasterChef at least a couple of times too!

Of course they’ll try, but the question is really what can they afford and realistically acquire? And whether it’ll work. Who knows what type(s) of programming they’ll go after. But movie re-runs and Ambulance, SVU, NCIS, Madam Secretary re-runs definitely won’t be it!

2 Likes