Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

MCM Sales, yeah I’ll bet most people outside of the industry don’t really care about that.

I’d agree that I’m A Celebrity & Survivor are probably under review, but I thought The Bachelor/ette has performed OK in the ratings for Ten during the 2nd half of recent years? Now I still don’t particularly enjoy watching either of those franchises myself (generally more about people trying to boost their own media profiles than actually finding love :roll_eyes:), but some credit has to be given where it’s due!

CBS in the US has a decent amount of live sports coverage, right?

So while there’s probably more of a focus on entertainment programming at the moment, I wouldn’t be overly surprised if Ten decide to re-enter the live sports market (perhaps even bigger and better than before) at some point in the future.

It was particularly telling that today’s Sunday Telegraph also included a puff piece on the upcoming launch of Sky News on WIN, with oddly no mention of the fact that viewers in Sydney won’t (officially) be able to receive the service on free to air TV.

I completely agree and if anything, that’s an opinion which has only strengthened since the announcement of the Nine/Fairfax merger or takeover.

Having Ten’s news department close down and taken over by News Corp would’ve been potentially toxic for an Australian media landscape which already isn’t in the best health.

Maybe a few of the ideas that are about to be trialled during “Pilot Week” could get an extended run over Summer? At the very least, I think that would make for an interesting alternative to cricket & tennis!

4 Likes

When will the Murdoch media fuckwits stop all this sour grape bullshit fake news they churn out! They are getting worried I think as Nine and Faifax are teaming up and CBS and Ten are teamed up :+1:

4 Likes

My overall point is… Whatever they do have is pretty shit and hardly rates. I’m sure ten would freely admit this.

2 Likes

Meanwhile…

1 Like

McGarvey says they’ll program “about 50 weeks” and “take a few weeks off at Christmas”…

“So what we have said publicly, and what we are doing, is we will program a full domestic entertainment schedule about 50 weeks a year… So we will effectively take a few weeks off at Christmas and go hard against sport the rest of the year – which benefits the audience. If you want to watch the cricket or the tennis, great, there’s a big audience for that – we’ll do something different.”

They should be preparing 52 weeks of the year really, viewers watch big sporting events with decent audiences during the 2 weeks around Christmas / New Years that they’ll likely take off programming anything new so where’s the alternative viewing they’ve harped on about?

9 Likes

Maybe she doesnt know if its been renewed or more importantly if working dog are going to continue. They often finish shows on a high so couls quite easily pull the show. I really hope not.

Exactly, either commit fully or don’t bother at all. God knows what sort of programming they are planning if they are splitting the summer in half, won’t be a proper season of anything worth watching. Filler content in December and maybe a short-run of something in January which will flop because it is launching halfway through the summer.

2 Likes

She says that but she still has Bull anchoring Sunday nights. :roll_eyes: they’re new episodes but they’ve already aired in the states ages ago. Why they had repeats everywhere else. The mind boggles at this thoughtless strategy.

1 Like

I’ll believe that when I see it.
If she was asked how many weeks she was programming for a year or two ago I’m sure she’d spit out the same answer.

Week commencing 12 August 2018

Sunday 12 August
07:30 pm Russell Coight’s All Aussie Adventures S3 Ep02
08:00 pm Street Smart S1 Ep02
08:30 pm Bull S2 Ep14
09:30 pm Sports Tonight
10:15 pm Elementary S6 Ep3

Monday 13 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor After a surprising tribal council result, some castaways realise they’re on the outer and start to scramble to make alliances within their tribe.
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention?
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm Man With A Plan S2 Ep13

Tuesday 14 August
07:30 pm Australian Survivor The twist in last night’s game has one tribe torn and plotting new strategies to kick out one of the biggest competitors in the game.
09:00 pm NCIS Rpt
10:00 pm NCIS: Los Angeles x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 15 August
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia Season Premiere
09:00 pm Movie: Mean Girls (2004)
11:00 pm Hawaii Five-O Rpt

Thursday 16 August
07:30 pm The Bachelor Australia
09:00 pm Law & Order: S.V.U Rpt
10:00 pm Blue Bloods S8 Ep17
11:00 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 17 August
07:30 pm Living Room
08:30 pm Have You Been Paying Attention? Rpt
09:30 pm TBA
10:00 pm TBA
10:30 pm Shark Tank Rpt

Saturday 18 August
06:00 pm Planes Gone Viral
07:00 pm Rugby: Wallabies v New Zealand
09:45 pm TBA

Market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

Does anyone watch Bull? Seroiusly move it to a later time slot!

2 Likes

Mean Girls? :frowning:

1 Like

Why?

The Project needs to never stop, except for Christmas Day. It looses momentum when it takes a break as viewers drift elsewhere.

7 Likes

When they got there, the cupboard was bare ?

Im sure a 2 week break over Chrissy wont hurt. When a season of a show finishes for a year people always tune back when its on. Like Masterchef etc :+1:

1 Like

What is that schedule? Shocking.

1 Like

CBS and McGarvey responds:

2 Likes

As posted in Street Smart thread, the episode scheduled for August 12 is actually episode 1 of the series.

The following week is Pilot Week so the movie is being used as filler I think.

1 Like

Quality site clearly, the headline reads…

Network Ten responds to reports parent company CBS is overhauling the its programming

5 Likes