Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

With this ‘un-edited’ version Cynic’s release from 10 was saying will be on 10 Play, I wonder if it’s referring to classification (that the broadcast may be edited for suitability)? Or like a non-abridged version with the entire product, extras, no ads etc?

It’s set to air after a 90 minute episode of the failed Changing Rooms, on a night where their audience at that time is very scarce, with likely very little or next to no promotion and people will probably be expecting to watch Graham Norton.

Need I say any more?

1 Like

Precisely where they need ratings.

2 Likes

This article is a good examination of one of 10’s biggest issues:

2 Likes

What I’ve been saying for years, 10 does it better but nobody watches.

1 Like

I generally watch Ten and ABC more than 7 and 9 and have done for ages. I watched the movie Hidden Figures on 7two the other night which went for 3hrs and I reckon that’s the longest I’ve stayed tuned to a 7 channel for years.

3 Likes

Week commencing 3 March 2019

Sunday 3 March
11:30 am AEDT Supercars Adelaide 500
06:00 pm 10 News First (5:30 pm - 6:00 pm in other markets)
06:30 pm The Sunday Project
07:30 pm Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway
09:00 pm Hughesy, We Have A Problem
10:00 pm NCIS Rpt

Monday 4 March
07:30 pm Dancing With The Stars Ep03
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Tuesday 5 March
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia
08:30 pm NCIS S16 Ep14
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt
10:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles Rpt

Wednesday 6 March
07:30 pm Bondi Rescue S14 Ep03
08:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
08:30 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep16
09:30 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-0 Rpt

Thursday 7 March
07:30 pm Show Me The Movie! S2 Ep05
08:30 pm Gogglebox S9 Ep05
09:30 pm TBA
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 8 March
07:30 pm Changing Rooms S1 Ep07
09:00 pm Leaving Neverland - Part I

Saturday 9 March
06:00 pm David Attenborough And The Sea Dragon
07:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
07:30 pm Changing Rooms S1 Ep08
08:30 pm TBA
09:30 pm Leaving Neverland - Part II
11:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt

Further market variations will be posted later.

1 Like

You mean DWTS Ep3

2 Likes

Aside from obvious habitual factors, the thing not mentioned in that article is that both Seven & Nine are hugely advantaged by having considerably stronger news/current affairs & sports departments (and therefore, stronger incentives for viewers to stay tuned to the network for extended periods of time) than Ten.

2 Likes

That is so true. Seven’s 6 - 7pm hour is highly successful, and is not going to change for a while. Anything Ten airs in that slot, will sadly disappoint in the tv ratings. Particularly on the Weekends.

Why 9.30pm for Neverland Part 2? What’s so good that’ll be airing at 8.30pm?

Probably One Born Every Minute.

So why TBA it now? Don’t they want people to know?

Not like Seven or Nine will do anything different.

Its more like Ambulance Australia, as One Born Every Minute has been put on hold for the moment.

Ambulance Australia will be on Tuesdays. Do you mean Ambulance UK?

It’s probably an encore of the same episode from Tuesday…

2 Likes

According to TV Week it had been Bull.

I think Ten should have scheduled the DWTS encore that aired late last night much earlier on Saturday; perhaps even taken a risk with 6pm.

I find most of these analyses pretty one dimensional. While much of what is said in this particular one is correct, how can you write an article about a modern TV network without mentioning even once the word “demographics”? And, it seems to be a pretty common omission. For example, I saw criticism somewhere regarding Thursday’s ratings commenting that Ten’s main channel was beaten by ABC’s; yet 10 was (easily) the number one channel in the key advertising demos and had triple the audience of ABC. Worth a mention I would have thought.

4 Likes

But difficult when those numbers aren’t provided for discussion by OzTAM.

1 Like