Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Probably One Born Every Minute.

So why TBA it now? Don’t they want people to know?

Not like Seven or Nine will do anything different.

Its more like Ambulance Australia, as One Born Every Minute has been put on hold for the moment.

Ambulance Australia will be on Tuesdays. Do you mean Ambulance UK?

It’s probably an encore of the same episode from Tuesday…

2 Likes

According to TV Week it had been Bull.

I think Ten should have scheduled the DWTS encore that aired late last night much earlier on Saturday; perhaps even taken a risk with 6pm.

I find most of these analyses pretty one dimensional. While much of what is said in this particular one is correct, how can you write an article about a modern TV network without mentioning even once the word “demographics”? And, it seems to be a pretty common omission. For example, I saw criticism somewhere regarding Thursday’s ratings commenting that Ten’s main channel was beaten by ABC’s; yet 10 was (easily) the number one channel in the key advertising demos and had triple the audience of ABC. Worth a mention I would have thought.

4 Likes

But difficult when those numbers aren’t provided for discussion by OzTAM.

1 Like

When it comes to ‘mainstream’ reporting of ratings, total viewers is the only metric that matters. Sure, demos are the key metric for advertisers and some networks. However, the only people who care about those figures (aside from networks and advertisers) are people who follow the media closely such as ourselves. All the general public are interested in is things like what are the top-rating shows and whether a certain show is beating another one (eg; the focus surrounding Today’s current ratings woes)

It’s like the ‘shots on target’ stat in soccer - fans might look at it to see how many chances both teams had. However, the way matches are reported naturally focuses on how many goals were scored

1 Like

Media outlets would subscribe to much more data than what we mere mortals get for free

1 Like

I phoned network ten Perth and asked what is in the time slot at 6pm. Unfortunately, it says To Be Advised. Following the Adelaide v8 Supercars, they have news. I am guessing that they might play repeat of David Attenborough documentary, followed by double episodes of Bondi Rescue. At 7:30pm, it will be changing rooms.

Schedule Update

Friday 1 March
07:30 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep15 Guests: Dame Judi Dench, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Anthony Joshua, Greg Davies, Noomi Rapace & Claire Richards
08:30 pm Hughesy, We Have A Problem Rpt
09:30 pm Dancing With The Stars Rpt

Saturday 2 March
07:30 pm TBA
09:10 pm Ambulance Rpt
10:25 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt x 2

Wow, they’ve finally dumped Changing Rooms.

The 7:30 Saturday TBA could be One Born Every Minute.

1 Like

Is Hughesy on Friday’s an encore or original?

Encore

1 Like

Thanks. If it can’t lift in coming weeks it should be axed. It has had enough of a chance and he’s got a high profile.

Thought it got pretty good figures for a Sunday night.

Yes, okay figures considering the lead in but I’m starting to think given its prominent host and age - it shouldn’t need a show with a big lead in in front of it to attract consistent ratings, or higher ones. I can’t see a positive ratings trend for it.

1 Like

Maybe. I don’t really rate the show that highly. However, I do wonder whether its on at the right end of the year. Personally I think 10 leave too many of their big guns for Masterchef - shows that can rate well enough on their own two legs. Not that I think Hughesy should be on air during the Masterchef period, I just wonder if it would do better at the back end of the year.