Ten Network - Programs and Schedules

Different contexts.

First: 10 are raving about I’m A Celebrity over 2 weeks of tennis plus cricket, yet collapses come Married and MKR. That’s an issue.

Second: 10 still should’ve kept the normal length and start date of I’m A Celebrity, as it is at least doing 500k against Married and MKR. Now look what happens, a 200k dud of a show.

New Orleans flavour.

Those two points are a contradiction though. You are suggesting 10 shouldn’t its an issue it rates badly against MKR and Married but then say they should have kept it against it. This doesn’t make sense to me.

Wouldn’t a network be better off keeping a show somewhere where it rates well and find an alternative that will rate better than it did against the reality powerhouses?

Furthermore, you are focussing on the survey. Haven’t 10 mentioned they are now programming for 50 (49) weeks of the year and for people not to judge them on the ratings survey?

As I said I don’t think the strategy is the issue as Celebrity against the reality shows is an issue. The issue was the commissioning Changing Rooms to compete against it. We don’t know how the others will go yet, but perhaps shows like The Apprentice, Amazing Race or Big Brother need to be considered.

2 Likes

Perhaps they should’ve had Bachelor in Paradise ready…wait no that will clash with MAFS.

Schedule updated with episode details.

Week commencing 24 February 2019

Sunday 24 February
07:30 pm Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway Season Premiere
09:00 pm NCIS S16 Ep13
10:00 pm NCIS Rpt

Monday 25 February
07:30 pm Dancing With The Stars Ep02
09:30 pm The Graham Norton Show Rpt
10:30 pm TBA

Tuesday 26 February
07:30 pm Ambulance Australia Season Premiere
08:30 pm Hughesy, We Have A Problem
09:30 pm NCIS: Los Angeles x 2 Rpt

Wednesday 27 February
07:30 pm Bondi Rescue S14 Ep2
08:00 pm Bondi Rescue Rpt
08:30 pm Law And Order: SVU S20 Ep15
09:30 pm Law And Order: SVU Rpt
10:30 pm Hawaii Five-0 Rpt

Thursday 28 February
07:30 pm Show Me The Movie! S2 Ep04
08:30 pm Gogglebox S9 Ep04
09:30 pm Blue Bloods S9 Ep15
10:30 pm Blue Bloods Rpt

Friday 1 March
07:30 pm Changing Rooms S1 Ep05
09:00 pm The Graham Norton Show S24 Ep15 Guests: Dame Judi Dench, Sir Kenneth Branagh, Anthony Joshua, Greg Davies, Noomi Rapace & Claire Richards
10:00 pm TBA

Saturday 2 March
01:00 pm AEDT Supercars Adelaide 500

Brisbane
06:30 pm Territory Cops
07:00 pm TBA

Adelaide
07:00 pm Territory Cops

Perth
04:40 pm Which Car
05:00 pm Ten News First
06:00 pm TBA

All
07:30 pm Changing Rooms S1 Ep06
08:30 pm TBA
09:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans S5 Ep15
10:30 pm NCIS: New Orleans Rpt
11:30 pm Elementary

2 Likes

So what is airing this Tuesday if that is the season premier? A repeat?

last week’s schedule was changed to a repeat from season 1

1 Like

What purpose does that serve? You would think leading out of what might be a good figure from Dancing you would have a new episode. Seems a bit stupid. I don’t know what has happened with the programmers to begin this ratings period but there are some really questionable moves. MKR at 7pm, Istant Hotel at 9pm, Celebrity finale 4 days after they filmed it, Bad Mothers being postponed and now this. I just don’t understand.

I thought Adelaide 500 was starting at 1pm, according to 10 sport. Not only that but where is One Born Every Minute, as that too is suppose to be screening on March 2.

I am assuming 8:30.

I would say it was originally going to take the 7.30pm spot now occupied by Changing Rooms.

2 Likes

Schedule Update

Sunday 24 February
09:00 pm Hughesy, We Have A Problem

Tuesday 26 February
08:30 pm NCIS S16 Ep13

1 Like

NCIS back to its former Tuesday timeslot.

Interesting. Makes much more sense. I just don’t think Hughesy is on at the right time of the year. It just isn’t competitive enough.

1 Like

Where is FBI? It obviously wasn’t a huge ratings hit but was consistently around 400-500k right? Better than almost all the shows currently airing at 830…

I don’t remember. But I don’t think it was near 500k

Edit: Just checked one night and it got 300k in overnights.

The Hughesy scheduling change makes sense. It has been a sluggish performer on Tuesday’s and should be more compatible with Sunday Night Takeaway. The size of the SNT audience will be critical and all the odds are against it given the competition and Ten’s difficulty launching new shows in that timeslot.

1 Like

Hopefully TakeAway doesn’t run way over time though.