Ten Network 2021

David Knox did mention the rumour so there’s always a potential for it happening.

Let’s hope you’re right about it being a joke because more spinoff will most likely damage the original format.

Because at this time of a pandemic, it’s difficult if not impossible to make shows like Survivor, Bachelor In Paradise, Dancing with Stars. Celebrity Masterchef would be an easier option.

I’m not expecting anything fresh and original in terms of programming considering the network is said to be recycling a slogan similar to one they used when Rupert Murdoch owned TEN stations in the 1980s.

“You’re (at) home on Ten” might have been appropriate in 1983 but I’m not sure why they’d revive that when media brands can be accessed “on the go” these days and they should be pushing the “connect with us anywhere” message. Another case of Ten not keeping up with the times.

Credit: Andrew Heslop.

2 Likes

Who has said they are launching that slogan?

2 Likes

If this bit is true, then I’m sure it’s news that ex-Toasted TV presenters Olly McCormack & Lia Walsh will be thrilled to hear just under a month after their final segments went to air! :confused:

2 Likes

HYBPA confirmed, as if there was any doubt

3 Likes

Here is all the Upfront info for 2020. https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2020/10/15/australian-editions-of-making-it-and-the-dog-house-coming-to-10-as-network-reveals-2021-line-up/

3 Likes

Hard pass. Surely that’s not everything?

3 Likes

Thats it, pretty underwhelming isnt it.

4 Likes

Even underwhelming is generous.

What absolute garbage. Are they even trying? Do they seriously think that schedule is good enough? What a joke.

3 Likes

A once irreverent network 10, becoming more and more ‘irrelevant’ as each year passes.

:nauseated_face:

5 Likes

That is really underwhelming. I thought they would come out with some more. But I guess its early days. They might have some more announcements later.

I actually think Making It is a great idea for 10 to try as it’s down the same line as MasterChef. There’s nothing original sadly everything is just bought IP but their schedule is far more varied and strong than Seven IMO.

2 Likes

At the moment that looks worse than what nine announced a couple of weeks ago. I will wait to see if they announce anything extra later today when they have the actual upfront… I was hoping they would revive aus idol.

1 Like

Seems to me 10 again released some information hours before the upfront event, rather than keeping the rest of us in suspense, to generate headlines, unlike Nine or Seven.

1 Like

All of 10’s media releases:

Quick thoughts on some of the new shows:

The First Inventors is interesting, as this is the first time a commercial station collaborates with NITV on a weekly series. I assume 10 will show it first before it is repeated on NITV - or will the first episode be simulcast on both channels?

I wonder if The Dog House Australia will be based at Lort Smith in North Melbourne (which former 10 weatherman Mike Larkan is an ambassador)?

It’s good news that 10 still has the rights to The Gilded Age after it was revealed that HBO had picked up the series in the US from NBC. However, production of the series has been paused for two weeks after several crew members tested positive in COVID-19. It will be very lucky if the drama makes it to 10 before the end of official ratings next November.

The Savoy is an ITV observational series about The Savoy Hotel in London, which premiered in UK on September 30. 10 could show it on Saturday nights in Q1.

1 Like

Interesting to see Territory Cops back in the line-up. It hasn’t aired since 2016 and is in repeat mode on Nine at the moment.

5 Likes

Isn’t Nine making new episodes?

No they are all repeats.

1 Like