Ten Network 2020

Yeah I don’t think Funniest Home Videos is the way to go. We have Youtube for that.

I don’t think Rove’s show was family friendly enough. I still would like to see 10 try light entertainment on Saturdays. Its not a place to mock but I think they should make the project go 7 nights a week. Move Graham Norton to Saturdays at 7:30 and then perhaps do an encore of HYBPA or the likes at 8:30. On Fridays the I would have a more riskier chat show hosted by Tommy Little or something which can then be encored on Saturdays at 9:30.

4 Likes

News is not the answer. They tried all this already. $20 million down the drain in 2011.

The Project has been stinking up 6:30pm since 2013 with nothing to show for it. 7pm is nothing to be excited about either, winning the odd demo but only ever sees improvement on the back of a decent 7:30pm program. The whole show needs to go either to after 9:30pm or axed completely.

Because Negus at 6pm was a sensible idea.

2 Likes

Well the easy solution would be to move prime time back to 7pm. AFV wouldn’t be the worst idea for Saturday’s cheap and family friendly

I am not convinced to the notion that Aussies want news at 6pm. I don’t necessarily think they do. However, if 10 wanted to go down that route they need to do news differently. They need to take risks and reinvent the news genre. Like they did with the current affairs genre with the project.

I know I have suggested it before but the likes of naked news, drag news etc are all risky programs that would generate buzz. It cannot be just a rehash of how they do news at 5:00. They need to tap into that audience that is willing and wanting news delivered differently.

1 Like

What root? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Possibly the worst suggestions that have ever been offered on Media Spy

2 Likes

haha nothing wrong with going down a root. right?

What worse than suggesting they launch a news service that failed the last time they tried?

1 Like

The 6pm bulletins on Seven & Nine have for many years been frequently amongst the Top 10 and even the Top 5 programs for the night, so there’s definitely an established appetite for news at 6pm.

However, Ten would have to do something really impressive if they’re to successfully steal viewers away from the likes of Peter Overton, Peter Hitchener, Rick & Sue + John & Jane who are the most popular and influential news broadcasters in the country despite only really having a local market profile.

I agree!

2 Likes

I’ve read all this before. I think I’ll avoid this topic until Ten announces something.

1 Like

Figures show that people just want traditional news - elsewise, The project would rate alot higher.

1 Like

Seems to have very good online views. Not everything is as simple as overnight ratings.

I have heard many in the media that work for the likes of 9 and SEN bang on about how financially successful the project is.

I’d rather they get Mark Mitchell to reboot Con’s Bewdiful Holiday Videos

1 Like

10 need to fix up Saturday nights. The Rugby Union matches have underperformed than expected. Recently, Wallabies v Samoa have rated terribly, even if it’s on 10Bold and A home Game in australia. Ten need more entertainment on Saturday if they want to survive. At this point, they need to drop the rugby this year.

Fair point. Meeting adjourned

5 Likes
3 Likes

According to that the upfronts are a breakfast event so all the news will be coming in much earlier than normal. Will be interesting what they churn out.

4 Likes

A good idea to release the info early in the morning to give the media a chance to emanate it throughout the day.

3 Likes