Ten Network 2020

Also allows for more extensive discussion during Studio 10 tomorrow morning.

They can discuss their own axing. :rofl:

1 Like

Going to be a busy day reading today and tomorrow. I am sure this thread will see about 100 posts by midnight tonight.

1 Like

Especially when so many people post their random thoughts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Could tomorrow’s upfront have been timed to allow for some live presentation and/or speeches from CBS executives? Due to time difference it will be mid afternoon in New York.

Doubt it. I’d say it’s just to maximise the exposure and publicity. Having two events and two lots of announcements will just keep them in focus with the media for longer.

Yeah I am thinking of getting japanese for dinner. :stuck_out_tongue: only one I promise.

I posted this in the 10 programming thread. I really think 10 should have a Rove reunion episode to really gague what viewers want variety wise. It is the 20 year mark since he was on 10.

Well. I’m having a fusion dinner tonight of Maltese Cheese and Spinach Pastizzi and stir fry Chinese Bok Choy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well, maybe those sorts of comments should be going into one of the mock or suggestion threads and we keep this thread for discussions of actual 2020 announcements.

Well its not really a schedule though. So wasn’t really the right place for it either.

Studio 10 will also reveal the master chef judges on tomorrow’s show according to a promo.

What are some of the goals for ten in 2020?

My thoughts on their priorities that should be addressed at the upfronts are:

1. 6pm timeslot.
  2. Ensuring they have enough previous Australian content for every 8:30 slot for 50 weeks.
  3. Sunday nights needs a complete rethink.
  4. Address something for the post 8:30 slot… perhaps some new innovative news based program.

I doubt any of that will happen but they should think about some of these things.

Saturday night must also be a priority. 10 desperately needs more recent movies. At the moment, Nine has deals with most studios, while Seven is affiliated with Fox, SBS World Movies has some independent Hollywood titles as well.

Yes they need to ban some major movie franchises from bigger studios. They seem to gain good numbers for seven and nine. Problem is I bet if ten had the Star Wars or Harry Potter franchises they would rate less on 10.

I think Sunday nights would have to be 10’s priority. I don’t think 10 will even mention the 6pm slot.

Anyone else think news might start trickling in tonight before tomorrow’s breakfast event?

Looks like some of the leaking that’s happened in the past has abated in recent times.

Aside from the renewals that we will be expecting I’m sure they’ll have a new format at some point and some new shows. Let’s also hope for a fourth channel. Less likely is 10 Bold in HD.

If I was then I’d also be dropping the price of All Access given the lack of content and increased competition in the SVOD market. At the moment there’s no compelling reason to subscribe to it. If it was $4.99 then maybe people would.

3 Likes

I just hope it’s not like last years upfronts and we only find out about the pilot shows. They definitely need something new for Q1 and Q3 now that changing rooms Has been axed and survivor has moved.

1 Like

Chances of a new breakfast show?

We’d have heard by now.

1% chance