Survivor (US)

What did people think about what went down on Survivor last night?

I dunno… I know this is a touchy subject but Survivor is now casting a more diverse cast (which is a good thing!) so of course there will be scenarios where multiple people of any diversity go in a row. If this happened at the start of the season where black cast members all went the first few votes, it would have been a valid point. However they survived multiple votes and made the merge. Drea/Mary were a part of voting out Chanel, they weren’t a part of the next tribal and then when Drea is potentially in the firing line (because she is a HUGE threat, not for any other reason) it’s brought up. Mary was also targetting Drea before this.

I’m not dismissing at all how they feel as I will never fully understand and they had every right to play their Idols (if that felt right for them). However the whole discussion meant that Tori literally had no other options. If she said anything otherwise it would have looked bad so had to pretty much cop it.

2 Likes

Yeah I find Americans get a bit carried away over food that’s usually pretty ordinary…

I completely agree with all your sentiments here.

For me it would be different if the players of colour had been voted out immediately but we’re at jury stage here. There will always be instances where it might appear that things become “racially imbalanced”, but it’s impossible to argue it either way at this stage of the game. I also don’t dismiss how Drea felt. But it then became impossible for Tori and Lindsay to properly defend their positions. And Jonathan just completely shut down after getting rebuffed. He also knew he was in a no-win situation if he said anything.

I actually don’t think Jeff handles these situations in a balanced way either.

2 Likes

Last night’s episode was great. I’m really enjoying this season. We have had a lot of strong and interesting players. It’s good to see so much good gameplay where people are navigating around a lot of the twists. I don’t even mind the twists so much this season. They are pretty identical to last season so we kind of know what to expect and very few have impacted the game or outcome too much.

Even Do or Die I don’t mind anymore (because you are pretty crazy to risk your game like that, so kind of deserve the potential consequences). I was glad that Lindsey survived though. Pretty crazy odds to have two seasons in a row nobody get knocked out by it. I wonder what would’ve happened if nobody or only 1 person played for immunity?

Agreed, this season has been fantastic. The edit has been so incredibly balanced across all players and a breath of fresh air after the past couple of Australian Survivor series.

I don’t like the Do or Die and hope it doesn’t return in future. It’s just one ‘twist’ too many in the merge and not a very good one at that.

2 Likes

9Go! next Thursday 26 May - live to all markets

Schedule provided looks wrong - the final usually goes for 2 hours then the reunion follows. At least you know the start time. US Guides usually just set aside 3 hrs as the reunion’s length can vary.

10:00 am Finale
After defeating all their opponents and navigating dangerous twists and turns, only five castaways are left on the island, so they have to compete against each other to be crowned the Sole Survivor and win the coveted $1 million prize.

11:00 Reunion Show → 1:00 pm
The castaways reunite to talk about their experiences.

1 Like

Going by the EPG, it seems the finale is only being shown live with no primetime replay due to the French Open.

The Foxtel EPG shows the prime time finale.

The primetime finale encore won’t be shown in Victoria and Tasmania due to French Open coverage.

EDIT: Survivor finale encore will air in South Australia at the later time of 10.05pm when the tennis moves back to 9Gem.

How ridiculous. They fast track the entire season in primetime and then don’t show the finale?

Surely it will be available on 9Now after the morning airing then?

2 Likes

It is just unfortunate timing that the first week of French Open is on the same week as Survivor finale, plus Nine is committed to show live NRL on 9Gem in AFL states.

1 Like

Gee Jonathan has nine lives doesn’t he. I’m surprised he’s still there. Surely he’s such a big target I’m surprised they haven’t pulled out the stops to get rid of him.

Yeah and they have other channels that they could air it on… even 9Life.

It better be on 9Now after the morning airing if they aren’t showing it in primetime. I’m going to my brother’s on Thursday where we planned to watch the finale.

With the posted change to Melbourne’s schedule - Survivor will be available now on 9Go! at 7:30pm

2 Likes

Great news! Thanks.

Really looking forward to this finale. It’s been one of the better seasons in recent years and makes me feel a lot better about the twist heavy game when you have good casting. Jeff has even said that he’d love to see a lot of this cast play again.

2 Likes

Survivor 43 sneak peek - full cast has been leaked - pretty easy to find on line.

1 Like

It felt like they showed most of the cast in that promo anyway so it’s no big secret. From what I read Season 43 is currently filming or only just wrapped up filming so there was very limited info that they could show in the promo. I do really like the logo.

Great winner last night too. It was obvious that Maryanne had it in the bag after the TC.

1 Like

I dunno. I can’t really work out how she won. She didn’t do enough imo. Mike made a big error taking her along it seems. He might have beaten Jonathan. I can’t really understand the jury’s thinking.

She won as she pulled out her idol and explained her strategy. That is what swayed the majority of the jurors IMO. She was also the most articulate of the 3.

1 Like