Survivor (US)

According to the US promo’s there is no reunion this year. It is a 2 hour finale with the winner announced on location followed by a deep dive into the season with a Survivor “After show”.

1 Like

I’m kind of glad there’s no reunion. Judging by this season it would be 2 hours of personal sob stories and virtue signalling.

I enjoyed this season overall. The thing I liked most was that it wasn’t so reliant on Idol’s like the show became in recent seasons. I warmed to the cast more as it went on too.

The finale in Fiji was great. I was disappointed that Xander didn’t get any votes but given the discussions this season I can see why they awarded it to a female. They seemed to see Erika as a stronger player than maybe what translated on TV. Xander really should’ve put Erika in that fire challenge.

1 Like

CBS’s broadcast of Survivor 41 finale drew 18-49 rating of 0.9 (tying with The Masked Singer which also had the finale in the same timeslot) with 5.14 million total viewers. Last season the show had 1.6 demo rating and 7.95 million viewers.

Hour by hour ratings have Survivor ahead……enjoyed the season but had to binge it in the last couple of days as 42 mins each week after Aussie Survivor multiple episodes makes it so hard to connect

1 Like

Promo for season 42

Plus Survivor was 3 hours. It always gets a drop off for the reunion. This year they seemed to do it differently instead of having two hour finale + reunion, yesterday the first hour was an episode, then the last two hours were an episode that included the Aftershow.

Next season 9 March US time

1 Like
1 Like

New season starts tonight on 9Go! with a 2 hour premiere at 7:30pm.

Meanwhile 2 more seasons ordered by CBS.

2 Likes

Season 42 premiere was down 43% in the key demos in the US yesterday. It went up against The Masked Singer season debut that was down 39%. In total people Survivor dropped 29%. NBC won the 2 hour timeslot with Chicago Fire/Med duo.

2 Likes

I didn’t even realise it was on. I had the March 16th date in my head, maybe that’s what they had initially said a few months ago. I will catch up on the weekend.

I really enjoyed the opening episode. Now that we know the new style game and twists it felt like the focus was more on the contestants this time around. Maryanne was a standout to me. It was also interesting that shot in the dark was used from the get go when I believe it was only used once last season.

That was a pretty crazy Tribal Council last night. I wonder how well the producers had thought out scenarios like that because it meant they had to reveal who didn’t have votes. When Hai was like “Where are the votes?” and then the look on his face when the revote only produced 2 votes was a classic. He was so dumbfounded to what had just happened.

I haven’t started this series yet but you have given me the motivation to catch up

1 Like

CBS has announced the three-hour Survivor 42 finale will air in the US on May 25 (May 26 in Australia).

1 Like

Reminder that it is a double episode of Survivor US tonight.

2 Likes

APPLEBEES!!! WHOAHHH!!!

Wait… I need to Google Applebees. A few steps up from the shitty old KFC Australian Survivor contestants are “rewarded” with. Gottalove product placement.

1 Like

I had Applebee’s the last time that I travelled overseas late 2019 in Doha, Qatar. Pretty standard typical American food.

I like that they do the double merge episodes now. It’s a good point for a longer episode. This season doesn’t feel as gimmicky as the last because you kind of know the twists that are coming and I like this cast. That vote kinda blew the game open too, given 4/5 that could be voted for got votes.

3 Likes