NRL on Nine

Interesting sight on the morning news, may we see a graphics refresh for Origin after all?

6 Likes

They look nice, but probably old graphics? If it is a refresh, I would be more than happy (like what I said few weeks ago)

Looks alot like their video game-esque ODI graphics used in 2018.

No, these would be new. Might be an accidental leak of some concept graphics they were trialing on this game internally.

1 Like

It would be much better than what they have currently, which IMO is the worst in the last 15 years or so. The 2015 graphics were the best

Another SOO promo

Some modifications for the NSW version

5 Likes

See tennis post for Melbourne viewers - NRL on main channel with Storm V Sea Eagles.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Psaltis commentating tonight instead of Thompson as was scheduled.

1 Like

Indigenous round opening - watermark issue at start.

5 Likes

According to The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield, there is still no word on whether Ray Warren will call the State of Origin opener in Sydney on June 8. A Nine executive says Rabs will be given until game day to make his decision.

6 Likes

i think rabs may retire because its matt Thompson and peter pisolites era

1 Like

Jeez that’s cutting it a bit close isn’t it?

2 Likes

My bet is he’ll commentate on the 1st Origin only and only because it’s his 100th Origin game and then he’ll retire.

5 Likes

Ray Warren has called his last game of rugby league. Mat Thompson expected to call Origin.

6 Likes

Ending now - seems like a good call.

4 Likes

A good call but bad timing. Like Radiohead said, Ray should call next week’s Origin opener to make it to 100 Origin matches.

I personally think that this was the right decision for Ray Warren to sign off after more than 50 years of commentating. Ray Warren has had a very long media career where he called horse racing, swimming (when Channel Nine previously had the broadcasting rights), and also the Rugby League. In addition to that, he has also covered the 1990, 1998 and 2006 Commonwealth Games in Auckland, Kuala Lumpur and Melbourne as well as the 2012 Summer Olympics in London.
I know Ray Warren is still an icon and would have retained a reasonably good legacy. However in the past 16 years, he made a lot of mistakes in his calls and couldn’t pronounce players right. The last Rugby League match that he called was the Grand Final between the Penrith Panthers and the SOuth Sydney Rabbitohs. May you have a happy retirement.

3 Likes

An end of an era moment in Australia

4 Likes

Hope we get to hear from him sometime - will Nine do something special? perhaps a tribute on SOO night

6 Likes

Very sad. I think there will most likely be a tribute/farewell on SOO night.

2 Likes