Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

It is interesting that they always play it safe and promote from within both on air and BTS (the E.P).

Speaking of which, Sunrise still held a solid audience on Good Friday, despite the public holiday, still in the 270ks and 90k+ ahead of Today. Who said Beretts was unpopular?

4 Likes

Come on name names who said that? :joy:

3 Likes

Probably because 7 locked them in since Sonia Kruger and Lisa Wilkinson left to become 9 staples.

5 Likes

A promo just aired saying that they will be live from Currumbin Beach on the Gold Coast again this year for Anzac Day. Special live performance from John Williamson.

It also appears that Sam will be back next week.

5 Likes

Does anyone have a recent weekday and weekend opener to sunrise, working on mocking something up but need the openers

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Sunrise Twitter page posts them most days!

1 Like

Hold up. Is that 270k+ result from 7-10am? Is that a fair comparision when Today finished at 9? I am happy for you to keep gloating if you provide insight into the performance for the main block (7-9am). :blush:

Still a solid result nonetheless.

4 Likes

Huh? SR was 7-10 and TD was 7-9 because that’s the hours they aired…
Don’t 9 have the opportunity to extend also?

1 Like

An extra hour would usually bring your average down so the fact Sunrise performed so strong over a 3 hour period compared to TODAY’s 2 hour period is a very good result. More on that here: https://tvblackbox.com.au/page/2019/4/14/week-15-ratings-wrap-jhnkn

5 Likes

Unfortunately they are too short, I am looking for the full opener with throw to host intro also

1 Like

Given it was a public holiday, I thought more people would be watching later in the morning than at 7am, for example. Isn’t that why Sunrise always extends on PH- to capitalise on the shift in audience?

Given that the morning shows did so well on Friday, could that be the case, Rob? On weekends, they perform better closer to 10 than 7am.

Coding aside, they still performed strongly

2 Likes

Yes they did and chose not 2

The post was deleted but you were absolutely correct… the normal 7-9am section of the show didn’t perform as strongly as the 9-10 section. Hopefully this is within the rules

3 Likes

But I’d also add that there’s nothing wrong with Sunrise doing that. TODAY has the option of doing the same

6 Likes

Monday -

Mark Beretta hosting with Nat.
Edwina Bartholomew is reading news and Nathan Templeton is presenting sport.

6 Likes

Good to have him hosting again. However, a lot of segments are weighted heavily on Nat with her reading 4-6 sentences and Beretts not saying a word.

Sunrise didn’t have sport at 7.30 today, instead opted to schedule their weekly ‘The Senators’ segment, oddly (for Sunrise) in the middle of their news bulletin.

They also led their 6am news with Nat reading the top story of coverage on the Sri Lanka before crossing to Eddy for the rest of the news- which I liked.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I hope you didn’t spend too much of your time searching back for that post. Must be really important to you to make Today look good at any prime opportunity.

There appears to be more chemistry with Deb and Tom in the hosting role as opposed to Deb and Georgie.

Not a bad product this morning.

Tuesday (23.04.2019) - Wednesday (24.04.2019): Nat and Beretts are still co-hosting. Edwina Bartholomew is reading the news with Nathan Templeton on sport.

8 Likes