Sunrise (2015-Sept 2020)

3 Likes

There was quite a funny moment at the end of the program when Nat threw to Larry & Kyle for The Morning Show not realizing that Ryan Phelan was filling-in for Larry who is down at the Royal Children’s Hospital for the Good Friday Appeal

4 Likes

Great having Beretts hosting today, wish it happened more often.
I personally would like to Nat & Beretts host the show after Sam and Kochie leave.

4 Likes

7 Likes

Totally agree and some of us here have been saying this for many years, and he and Nat have the perfect chemistry after so many years working together.

7 Likes

Agreed. He and Nat have the best chemsitry, which of course comes from 15 years together.
Does anyone know when Brettes has hosted in the past?
I quickly searched on here and I saw that he filled in early 2016 (before the relaunch), based of this old post:

Does anyone know if there have been any other occasions? I know he filled in on WS last weekend and on multiple occasions in the past.

3 Likes

Beretts has co-hosted quite a few times over summer for both WS and the weekday show. I can’t recall him filling in for Kochie though during the year for at least 5 years (not while Sam has been there, anyway). The last time Nat and Beretts have hosted goes back about 10 years, IIRC. They even had to use the old VO today (which was nice).

Of course, Beretts should be filling-in for Koch, when Nat isn’t available. It makes sense to apply the same elevation that occurs for Sam (Nat, then Eddy, the Monique) for when Kochie is away (Nat, Beretts, Eddy, Basil) over using 7 News presenters.

8 Likes

Yep - I love it when Beretts is co-hosting. He’s funny and likeable. Great chemistry with Nat also. More of it please…

10 Likes

And of course he and Georgie Gardner hosted Sunrise way back in 2000.

6 Likes

Easter set decorations today

7 Likes

Fixed that one for you! :wink:

6 Likes

Hope they don’t plan on giving them away to unsuspecting children after tomorrow’s show. The chocolate will taste like shit after having been under hot studio lights for a few hours.

3 Likes

The crew would have polished them off soon after. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That top cap looks like crap, horrific use of the set. What in the hell are those graphics on the plasmas/panels? They are completely hideous.

3 Likes

That looks like an error. It’s not meant to be like that.

1 Like

No error. That has been the opening graphic for month now.

4 Likes

Could they not have gotten some real Easter decoration for the set? It does come across as one big Cadbury commercial.

2 Likes

I liked Nat and Beretts as co hosts. Beretts can take over once Kochie retires. Eddie moves to News if Nat moves back to WA when Sue retires

4 Likes

Sunday -

Kylie Gillies hosting with Basil.

Monique’s daughter is sick so Kylie was called in to fill in for her.

Kylie and Basil also reading the weather forecast this morning.

11 Likes

Kylie Gillies co-hosting today :slight_smile:

4 Likes