Today (2015-Sept 2020)

Stevie isn’t MIA. They’re doing some lame “he refuses come to work so Richard is at his house” shtick.

I know they weren’t doing a set change today I was just making the point that everything is so half arsed.

More:

3 Likes

They’re basically trying copying sunrise’s desk

1 Like

The clouds look alright from a distance, but that’s only a few seconds here and there. They should just use the Sydney 9 News set with a proper, high quality skyline loop until the move to North Sydney.

1 Like

FFS. These weather graphics date back to at least 2009.

I will give them credit for the idea. It just could have been sold/performed better.

1 Like

This show is such a mess.

Why is there no sport and weather at 7:30am?

That would have to be peak viewing time.

They’ve really got no idea.

They’re doing the old content from 2016-2018

Any peek of this new soft set yet?

Yeah they’ve already used it.

Nothing special.

Just a new lounge and table in the old area.

The dwsk looks great. The diagonal blue and orange stripes in the background look hideous. I don’t hate the sky.

3 Likes

10 would have to be trying to get Karl over for sure.

This would be no competition for Karl and Lisa on 10 if it were to happen.

If they’re ever going to try and get back into breakfast, now is the time to do it.

6 Likes

More caps, including the soft set:

3 Likes

I like the soft set. So much better than before.

12 Likes

I agree. That looks good.
Probably the best part about this set now and should be made the permanent presenting area :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Yes. The soft set looks good and the screens work well for stories.

My biggest irk about the set is the weird purple hues in the backgrounds. To me that is more suited to a twilight program not a sunrise (pardon the phrase) program. Just seems a bit out of place and adds to the slightly fake and over saturated feel of the show.

3 Likes

Everyone on the soft set:

7 Likes

An old logo snuck in.

7 Likes

Epic fail.

Isn’t TCN moving next year?
What’s the point on spending big bucks on a new set for less than 18 months.

2 Likes

I really like the soft set! The backdrops on the screens in these pics look great!
I like the new desk and I like the skyline, just remove the diagonal bits, they don’t fit in. I think a generic skyline like this works, it’s the diagonal bits that throw it off. They should somehow integrate the pineapple pattern as a glass overlay on the edges instead.

3 Likes