State/Territory Politics

And their names are?

1 Like

Enough said. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Is there a media blackout in state elections?

There is in Victoria, as of Thursday, but only radio and television broadcasts. So don’t go online if you want to avoid political advertising!

And it’s only advertising, not reporting or opinion.

I believe 7Plus, 9Now and 10Play (streaming) can also advertise right up until Saturday afternoon. It happened during the federal election this year.

What a mess -

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/victorian-liberal-party-distances-itself-from-candidate-renee-heath-over-church-links/ar-AA14ib8a?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3362aff2a5514146915a8641b0811eb6

Ms Heath was preselected for the top of the Liberal Party’s ballot, so is almost guaranteed to be elected after the November 26 vote.

It is too late to disendorse Ms Heath but following the articles, Mr Matthew Guy said she would not sit in a party room under him, saying she would be a “Liberal independent”.

Also saw this

https://twitter.com/Ro_Smith/status/1593856854048010241?s=20&t=-ZdFhs-llybZCVMxDoS-bg

The Angry Victorians party could be mistaken for a parody. Running on integrity and accountability while being embroiled in a new major scandal every other day followed by comically lame excuses. They are making Matthew guy look like a seasoned pro.

Quite a feat for a micro party, isn’t the whole appeal of a non- major party supposed to be that they don’t have baggage?

There’s also that vile candidate that attended protests last year and implied that Dan Andrews should be hanged. Yet they all send their preferences to the even worse Liberals and Matthew Guy :roll_eyes:. They all have great taste in good politics.

Sounds like they all have a tall poppy syndrome with Dan when they decide to turn a blind eye on Lobster Mobster Guy and the vile drunk Tim Smith and their conducts. Hypocrites.

Newscorp has lost the plot. Are they serious?

Fake news.

2 Likes

I hope Victorians aren’t stupid enough to believe Guy’s ‘promises’. He’s about as loveable as a ham sandwich in a synagogue.

Let’s hope election day the government drives the Liberals into obscurity WA style with the way the Opposition are handling themselves. Must be a reason why Dutton hasn’t even been seen in Victoria for campaigning. He probably knows that there is a landslide coming and wants to avoid being associated with that trainwreck.

4 Likes

What happened to Peta Credlin the last two days… She still around?

Be funny if the Liberals lose enough seats that they end up coming third, behind the Greens. Imagine - all that News Corp blood money behind you and you can’t even form opposition.

Another quality Liberal candidate in the Victorian election. As usual crickets from Peta Credlin and Sky News on any of this. Yet there are people here continually cheering for these disgraceful people to take charge in Victoria.

This right here is what these people are. Hate filled and vile humans who want to take the country back to the dark ages.

2 Likes

“But these people are entitled to free speech. We live in a democracy” :crazy_face:

This candidate is a racist prick and that’s the nicest I can put it. What he said is worse than pretty much anything Labor or the Greens have ever done in Victoria.

5 Likes

Yet another alt-right edgelord, someone you’d expect running for the UAP or the LDP rather than the Libs. Extremely embarassing for the VIC Libs, but also an indication they’re so stuck in an echo chamber that they can’t possibly grasp how damaging selecting candidates like this for them is in Melbourne.

3 Likes

Thoughts @FootyKick?

2 Likes

I bet he’s yet another of these dangerous younger Liberal party members that was a member of the Young Libs in his earlier youth. Its crazy to think they let these morons out unchecked

1 Like

Please don’t bait me in like that. It’s unnecessary.

But since you ask, I think it’s disappointing that yet again the Vic Libs are letting themselves down by not vetting candidates properly.

1 Like