Sky News

Yuck. Can’t even dress himself. Completly unprofessional. If you’re going to wear a tie, wear it properly or don’t wear one at all.

Suppose he did take some fashion tips from that walking soup mix Paul Murray. :stuck_out_tongue:

Add that Rowan Dean disgrace to the list. People at sky haven’t heard of sartorial elegance.

1 Like

You have to do a tie up perfectly then?

Must be a skill only the lefties can do I reckon. The pathetic, vile right aren’t intelligent enough.

I’d have thought looking professional would involve correctly wearing a tie. They’re not 15 beers deep at a wedding after all.

1 Like

When you’re being interviewed on national TV and in a way, essentially being invited into people’s homes (and/or other places where the TV may be on Sky News), surely having a suit/tie that’s done up properly isn’t that much to ask?

I’ve seen presenters on regional TV who have been dressed better than Andrew Clennell was in that live cross/interview for Sky News! :laughing:

2 Likes

Surely I can’t be the only one here who still remembers when Brendan Smith was a reporter on Nine News Queensland (and NBN News in Coffs Harbour before that, IIRC)? Seems like a very long time ago now!

In any case, congrats to Brendan in his new position.

Paul Murray will be drooling tonight.

Drooling? He’ll have his pants off and his democracy sausage out there having a good ol’ time over his re-election, if you know what I mean. :wink:

3 Likes
2 Likes

If true, a massive loss for Sky and leaves a enormous gap within their scheduling and credibility (well whats remaining of it).

8 Likes

Phwoar. That’s not a good sign for the future of straight news at Sky

5 Likes

In many ways, Speers is the face of Sky News so the significance of his departure can’t be understated. While Kieran Gilbert will be a good political editor (assuming he replaces Speers in the role), the gap that Speers will leave not only Sky’s political coverage but the channel itself is massive

6 Likes

We might have an answer - according to The Guardian:

Additionally, the reason why Speers’ appointment hasn’t been officially announced yet is because Sky haven’t yet released him from his contract

2 Likes

And it appears won’t. Contracted until the end of the year, and he appears to be constrained by a subsequent non-compete clause.

1 Like

Oh well Barrie or fill ins until end of the year then. Not unheard of.

It would be slack if they held him back from leaving for a year, if he doesn’t want to be there.

It’ll probably unfold similarly to what happened with Yvonne Sampson a few years ago (when she left Nine to join Fox) whereby the current employer threatens to enforce the non-compete clause only to later back down

1 Like

It’s a stupid idea. How awkward would it be at Sky if they did. More people could leave if they let his departure simmer like that.

1 Like