Insiders

Example: Q&A offered to do their show anywhere, anytime Morrison wanted before the election in order to get him on but he’s refused

3 Likes

2 Likes

The show will run for 90 mins next Sunday as an election wrap-up special

2 Likes

90-minute Election special this week.

EDIT - Barrie interviews Tanya Plibersek and Josh Frydenberg this morning.

2 Likes

Election results special:

3 Likes
3 Likes

That would be an amazing get. He would obviously be appointed the ABCs head political Reporter.

2 Likes

Huge loss for Sky News if true. I can’t think of anyone else there that could match his talent, other than maybe Kieran.

7 Likes

Assuming The Guardian’s report is correct, would guess that the show would be based out of Sydney or Canberra instead of Melbourne?

2 Likes

Why? Barrie isn’t the current political editor, Andrew Probyn is, and I’m sure he isn’t about to accept a demotion.

1 Like

I’m sure they’ll offer him more than just Insiders.

1 Like

Nah, the main production team is based in Melbourne. He would just fly down for the show.

1 Like

Great appointment. Speers is 44 so he will attract the 18-34 audience demo.

1 Like

What BJT2 is proposing would be two separate roles in much the same way Speers is currently Sky’s political editor but Kieran Gilbert is their chief political reporter

2 Likes

Wow…talk about a major coup for the ABC!

Although surely they’ve got bigger plans in store for David Speers (eg, regularly filing Federal Politics reports on the 7pm bulletins - at 44 he’s certainly young enough to potentially become the next Jim Middleton) than simply presenting Insiders on Sunday mornings?

5 Likes

Next question is, how does the ABC afford a 500k wage at the moment with the new government?

He will have to become ABC’s Uhlmann 2.0.

1 Like

Congratulations from ABC employees coming in; seems to support the story.

I’m sure he will soar at ABC but in some ways it’s bad news for Australian political reporting; he did so much to keep at least his part of Sky News coverage honest.

4 Likes

Well this is an upgrade for him… fleeing that trash news Corp organization. He will no longer have to put up with Paul Murray shouting at him with his vile right wing rhetoric.

How he lasted that long at that place. He was the last shred of credibility at sky fucking news.

8 Likes

Heeeeeeeee’s bacckkk!!! Where have you been the past week @cmo ?? It’s like you went missing, why’s that? I’ve missed you!

2 Likes